FREE Searching for alpha tester (english native is must!)

Blackfield

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german, english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone!

I am working on a game which is finished around 85 % story wise. As I am from Germany and my standards are high, I am looking for a NATIVE english speaker who enjoys playing RPG's and who is willing to play my game.

You can find a (german) presentation here:

The game will not contain any bugs so you can just have fun - all you need to do is let me know your findings for spelling and grammer :)

Some information about the game in english:

Setting
"Tales of Vogar - Lost Descendants" is set within the once beautiful and thriving land of Vogar during an age when all hope appears to be lost. Some time ago, the nation was invaded by their neighbour state Limor, leading to devastation beyond imagination.
However, the people of Vogar are not giving up yet. After all, there are some rumors that the descendants of the former royal family might still be alive...

Characters
The three main playable characters are Ascan, a magically gifted direct descendant of the royal family, his brother Glen, an energetic, katana wielding friend with his own sense of humor and Jane, a warmhearted healer that would love nothing more than exploring the world and who looks for an excuse of getting out of her hometown.

The Limor empire is ruled by a mysterious magician named Alastar. About a year before the war, when tension between the two countries was rising, he appeared out of nowhere and conquered the throne in an ambush. His motives are unclear but his wrath is known way beyond the boarders of Limor.

Story
Ascan and Glen are challenged with a nearly impossible task. In disguise they need to recruit an army out of the remaining people of Vogar to reclaim their homeland. On their journey they meet familiar faces from their childhood and new allies that are tired of the oppression of Limor.
They know that even with the largest army Vogar has ever seen, they will not be able to defeat Alastar. However, due to some mysterious emotional outbursts of Ascan, the party starts to investigate about the most powerful magic in the realm called "Ascension"... but they are not the only ones seeking for more information.

Key Features
-a unique, story driven adventure that focuses on character development
-turn based battle system with a focus on strategic decision making
-atmospheric game design with immersive soundeffects
-breathtaking custom soundtracks
-varied minigames that will challenge your skills

Last edited:

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The story line sounds interesting and what I enjoy playing (except some minigames), so I would be interested in helping you. And I have a friend here who might have the time to help with your English needs. I visited the German site and it seems like you are cleaning up some graphics and other related tasks. Correct?

About how long is the game?

If you're interested in my/our help, we should probably do this using the conversation function on this site.

Firefly130984

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi there, are your standards ok with a native German with C1-Niveau English?
Jakane writes you are a nice guy.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can help bugtesting, but not native in english (can spot mistakes),
but fully grammar is not set for me though.

I can also pinpoint advise as I play many good games and maps, so
most graphic issues are easy to spot by then :)

ZombieKidzRule

JAVASCRIPT FOR KIDS by Nick Morgan - Awesome book!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I am a native English speaker who also happens to be a writer and teacher for many years. I am happy to help and I will even test your game on the OneXPlayer Mini AMD handheld device for compatibility.

Just let me know if you are interested.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I can probably test this. I'm a native English speaker and am pursuing a degree in game design.

Julijewels

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey,

I'm more than welcome to give your game a shot and will be more than happy to help you correct any grammatical errors!

Feel free to send me a message and provide me with the length of the game so that I can see if it's something that I am capable of completing in a timely manner for you.

Animebryan

And like a Phoenix, I raise from my ashes!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There is no e in grammar. Just saiyan.

Blackfield

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german, english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks everyone for your kind offers! I already have some great people testing the game. I will eventually get in touch with you guys for further testing in a case-to-case basis. But in general, the grammar should be fine now and 99% of the bugs should be cleared. Back to development of the last 10 %.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'M BACK BABEY!!!
College is hitting me a lil' softer than I expected, so I'm back on MV!
And to kick things off, here's a lil' test of a tileset edit I made today! (Took me, like, 5 hours, considering this was the first time I've EVER used GraphicsGale...)Edit test SUCCESS.PNG
Red_1,png.PNG
I don't know when I'll have time to finish this, so I'll post this mostly complete version now. Another major character of my project, his name is Red (at least until I can think up a better R-name). In case he looks familiar, it's because his design (and personality) is based directly from my favorite anime character of all time (who is, unfortunately, fairly obscure).
Here's a showcase of layers of visual effects I've added over a scene. By stripping them off, one by one. :kaoblush:

Aaaaand, here's me working on the above scene, adding weather effects to it: :kaoeh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyrosLt