searching for existing questions

FlashMagic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I find it hard to find answers, so im not sure if I am doing it right or im just.......dumb
but I try and search this site for the questions I have and i get nothing, or google and i get nothing.....
example: google - can you use mv enemy sprites for mz, my results are just how to use custom sprites for mv
rpgmaker forum search - mz mv sprites, my results are again not what I am looking for.

So any tips on how to search for answers and where to look?

and then any answers to the question above? can I use mv sprites on mz? or are there any resources you CANT use on mz from mv?

thanks!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
or are there any resources you CANT use on mz from mv?
MV has pixel-based animations, MZ uses particle-based animations.

other than that all files from MV can be used in MZ, because they have the same grid size (48x48 pixel)

VX and VXAce have a grid size of 32x32 pixel, so you would have to resize the graphic file by 150% to make them usable in MV/MZ, and that 150% requires a good image program to convert and still has quality loss.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I find it hard to find answers, so im not sure if I am doing it right or im just.......dumb
but I try and search this site for the questions I have and i get nothing, or google and i get nothing.....
example: google - can you use mv enemy sprites for mz, my results are just how to use custom sprites for mv
rpgmaker forum search - mz mv sprites, my results are again not what I am looking for.

So any tips on how to search for answers and where to look?
Be a bit less specific. I Googled "RPG Maker MZ MV assets" and came across all of the forum threads from when MZ was released describing which assets are the same in both engines (including enemies).

Also, typing extra words (such as phrasing it as an entire question, "can you use...") just gives more words to get not useful results, or that might exclude useful ones. When using search engines, only type the actual words that matter.

FlashMagic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Solved Thanks guys!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Us:
"This game is awesome! I wish there are more games like this in the future."
Also us:
"I hate how games stopped being original and start copying other successful games."
Should've done this a few days ago but...
PRI_200136808.jpg
Rest in Peace, Sir Clive Sinclair
1940 - 2021
Entrepreneur, Technologist, Father of the Modern British Computing Industry, and protagonist of Legend of ZUN.

Without you, England's games and tech industry wouldn't be where it is.
Woof, haven't touched any game-making elements in a couple of weeks I think.
Doing a thing in MV...

R3PuRjF.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raizus