TRADE Searching for testers

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by Dutch Power Creations, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Dutch Power Creations

Dutch Power Creations Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Hello everyone,

Engine: RM MV
    My Role(s)/Position(s): Developer

I am looking for game testers to play the demo of 'The Lost' that will come out end this month/start of October. I am willing to play your game as a first Impression in return and include you into the 'special thanks' section in the credits.

What I want in return is detailed information on your findings in the game. Not only possible bugs but mainly what you like or didn't like.

If interested, let me know on this thread and I will get in contact with you when the demo of my game is ready.

Cheers,

-DpC-

[​IMG] Dutch Power Creations |DpC| [​IMG]

Presents

[​IMG]

Please keep in mind that this is still being worked on, so changes to the story and graphics are to be expected.

-The Lost -

- LP Version: 1.4.4 -

-Synopsis-

In a desert occupied by several tribes, a mysterious army appears from the south and annihilates anyone in their path. The Briƫn tribe has been wiped out as their tribe was settled farthest to the south. All of the other tribe's get summoned to the Dokta tribes village to stop this new evil from killing them all. Kaan the chieftain of the Dokta tribe, and their village champion Ragno try to come up with a plan to do this. A fierce conversation between the two could be heard from the outside moments before Ragno storms out of Kaan's mansion and leaves.

Kaan, firmly believing that the 'Glowing Fire' will help them to achieve victory, rallies the troops loyal to him and leads them into battle. Ragno, on the other hand, leaves the Dokta region and goes north followed by almost all of the other tribes. Only the Nomad tribe that once got saved by Kaan are still loyal to him and stay to fight off this evil army. But why, why did Ragno leave and why did the other tribes follow him? Is everything lost, or is there still hope...

-The Lost-

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  2. kgfan3

kgfan3 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I am interested in helping.

Dutch Power Creations likes this.
  3. Idiot

Idiot save early, save often, save versions Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'd love to help!

4. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    @kgfan3 @Idiot Great to hear that you're interested in testing the demo! I will contact you with a link at the end of this month through PM message. Still need to implement some things that I at least want in the demo.

searching for more though, I would like to have around 10 testers if possible.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  5. padr81

padr81 Guy whose game is taking too long. Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hey buddy, I'll test for you again, I didn't get too far on my last play through and I was thinking about restarting the game this week anyway.

6. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Hey @padr81 that's awesome to hear! But if you could please wait a while then you will be able to play the demo (or the 1.5 version if you prefer to go further). The demo will be a lot shorter then V1.5 but I want to publish the demo on some websites to start creating a following for when I publish. I will keep posting updates of the game here while in Alpha till I hit the Beta phase and then I will cease posting updates and make it a closed Beta and only the demo will be able to be played.

7. padr81

padr81 Guy whose game is taking too long. Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I can hold off till your ready dude. Just pm me a link or msg me over discord when its ready. Looking forward to it.

8. lordosthyvel

lordosthyvel Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I will play your game and give you detailed and brutally honest feedback if you do the same for me when I have a demo ready :)

9. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Burtal honest feedback is my cup of tea so looking forward too it. I have no problem of helping others with their game to trade so sure!

lordosthyvel likes this.
  10. SavageSage342

SavageSage342 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I would love to test your game as well! I am trying to develop my own and would love to see what elements you used etc. and would love to give feedback.

11. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Awesome! I will get in contact with you when the demo is ready to be played.

Still looking for around 5 more people (as there are almost always some people that don't show up/ can't play when the time comes so)

Cheers to all the people telling so far!

12. Henryetha

Henryetha Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    german
    About how many hours of playtime is the game?
    If my time permits, I will gladly help out just for credits.

13. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    How much playtime is it? I have a game that could use another tester, though its pretty long so not sure if you could test all of it (or if it would be an even trade).

14. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    @Henryetha @bgillisp The demo that I want to be tested is between 2 and 5 hours long (depending if you steam roll through the main story alone and not get side tracked). It really depends on you as the player and your interests like exploring/story lore/doing side events.

I myself don't mind playing a few games for a couple of hours each if needed.

15. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Ok, I can still do it. Though my game is 20 - 25 hours so maybe to be fair I'll ask you to just do the demo which is about 2 - 5 hours too.

16. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    That sounds good to me! You can hit me up whenever you want with the link for the demo.

17. Henryetha

Henryetha Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    german
    Alright, guess the purpose of testing is also doing the side events.
    Well, tbh I've anyway been playing with the thought of offering playtesting for others, so feel free to message me, once your demo is ready :)

18. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Awesome, but I rather have you do what you feel compelled to do then being busy finding bugs. Sometimes it's so that bugs appear when you do a part of a story although I hope/think I got most of that covered too.

I will get in touch with you once I got the demo ready. Thanks again in advance!

Marquise* and Henryetha like this.
  19. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    *Bump*

I will be distributing the demo now to anyone that is interested in playing the demo and supplying me with their feedback! I will PM all the people that have replied to this thread with a link to the demo.

-DpC-

20. Vincent Chu

Vincent Chu Writer and translator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Do you still need any testers? PM me if so. By the way, my game will also be about as long as @bgillisp 's game too. Will that be an issue? On the plus side, I've got a long way to go before completing it (maybe another year or two) so maybe I can test some longer future versions too?