DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Hi guys,

i'm searching a plugin for optimize the game.

For example, Terrax lightning system is very heavy and a lot of other events in the map can weight a lot the play.

I'm searching a plugin like one that i saw lot of years ago, on VX Ace, that disable all events out of your view, and they turn on only from a range of tile.

For example your view on screen is 20x20 tile. With the script, you can turn on events that are 24x24 tile, a little out of screen, for don't have the "popup" effect.
Also, for not disable important parallel events, you can tag in this event a command.

Do you know a script like this, in MV? I think that it's very important... If you have a huge map, it's impossible have all events activated, expecially lights and a lots of events...

Thank you for your help ^^

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Are you sure? So i think that it's the Terrax Lightining Script that is not optimized in this way... Because in big maps i have lags and lights doesn't turn off if they are far away from the character.

But it's strange. If MV turn off events outside the view... why Lights are on? Because the game lags.... I don't understand this thing.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just because MV doesn't update events outside of camera view, doesn't mean plugins do the same things.

If you disable your plugin and can play without errors and there is no lag, then it's entirely the plugin that's causing it, and nothing to do with MV.

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Ok, so... sorry for repeat the question, it's only for understand better:

An event have a tag that enable light script.
MV don't load this event outside the view.

Question: How light can turn on, if the event is not "enabled", outside the view?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is because the RPG Makers handle events in an intelligent way and not as absolutes.
Movement of events is disabled outside a certain area - because movement is what creates the most lag.
However an autorun or parallel process event still has its content checked and executed - because the engine knows that such events are used for game mechanic changes and you can't guarantee that they are always in player range (especially not on really large maps).

Back to your original problem:
As mentioned the engine itself does a rather good job of reducing lag. It is not perfect and could be improved, but that improvement has to be on a different level, all those generals like disabling things outside the display area has already been done - as long as it is within control of the engine.

Unfortunately lighting processing is one of the more complex problems that will always require more processing power, and not all programmer can optimize them. So it is very likely that your lag is caused by the lighting plugin itself, not by something else from the engine.

You can only try to look for a better light plugin, some programmer always look to improve their work and the plugins might be improved in time.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The event will always be "loaded" when outside the view, but MV does not update events outside the view. However, MV is not responsible for the lighting effects, and the plugin MAY update events outside the view.

I am saying the plugin may not follow MV's methods and may do things MV doesn't do by default. So yes, the plugin MAY be updating the events even though they're far from the screen.

I don't have it, so I can't check and see.

Lighting plugins take a lot of processing power and often cause lag. Maybe the plugin ISN'T updating events outside of view, but updating those IN view is enough to affect performance.

Also, it may not be just the plugin. As I said, remove the plugin and play, and see if you have any lag issues. Plenty of people are very capable of bringing their games to a slow crawl without any plugins at all, just by the way they make their events. Before you try to "fix" the plugin, you have to make sure that's what's actually causing the issues.

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Ok, i understand all of what you said. Thank you very much.

Just to clarif, i have no lag on my pc, because it's powerfull. I had problems when i tried to run the game on Android. And it's a Samsung Galaxy S9+, so it's a good phone... and i see lags in maps where there are a lot of lights.

That's why i had that question, about management of events outside the view.

I thought that MV did not "disable" events outside of view.

Now i understand, thank you so much!

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You don't need a lighting plugin to make a game struggle on a mobile device. If you disable your lighting plugin and play on your phone, you'll find it's probably still quite slow. I've seen people say you really have to design your game with mobile in mind (ie - being very careful about what you add and how you do things) to compensate for this.

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
I will try.. But it's very strange that i see lags only on map where there are a lot of events. (for example the event for jump tile to tile (yanfly) and lights. :( Other maps are perfects...

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A large number of events will cause lag. It's very common. What's IN those events is also important.

You can have a map with 30 events that runs very smoothly, and you can have a map with 1 event that lags like crazy. It's all about what's in them.

But something that works fine on desktop is always going to work harder on mobile, simply because of the specs.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

You know, I sometimes ponder if working on the story and details is more necessary than the game itself. Its... technically work, just not direct.

Like for me specifically I never stop evolving the story based on what avenues I can approach in gameplay and then I get anxious thinking "hey good thing I thought about that now instead of later". Repeat ad nauseam.
World Of Final Fantasy Livestream~!
(Ft. Kaliga)
So my office building has 8 individually rented offices in it; 3 of which are social workers and 2 are marriage therapists... Unsurprisingly it always sound very angry out there. Glad I have my own private entrance. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
I wonder if there's ever been an art challenge that involves drawing faces from the generator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phiny