Season Pass - DLC 3 Sneak Peek

Discussion in 'Product Announcements and Sales' started by Lunarea, Jun 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain) Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I guess they made the door like that so it can be useable for taller sprites too? What if someone wants to use tall sprites and the train? A double door is a much better option.

Also tbh since when proportions really mattered in rm? If we want to be so finicky then all the RTP would be wrong, lol 

Look at the trees and the houses in the RTP, they are barely taller than the sprites, it's the chibi style (ever played Pokemon or old JRPGs?).

2. Little Paw

Little Paw Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English

I would certainly hope there are two doors, one for each height.

And yes, proportions definitely matter... The train being one tile wide is absurd...

Edit: To elaborate...

While depth can usually be "assumed" in some cases, like how we cannot know a house's true depth (unless you use flat roofs) due to our viewpoint, but it still looks "right" due to the optical illusion created by the height of the house, the train shown in the preview post is a bit different...

In this case, we can directly infer the depth of the train by the width of the tracks.

The width of the tracks = the depth of the train.

But the width of the tracks = the size of an average human being.

Therefore... the train = the width of the average human being?

It's a huge perspective problem caused by the width of the tracks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2016
    VanillaBrocker likes this.
  3. coyotecraft

coyotecraft Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    It needs train tracks instead of mine tracks. Slide the car couplings up so they appear in the middle.. And that should fix the perspective issues. 

4. 2DGameStudios

2DGameStudios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Or just be thankfull for the resouces and stop complaining. I will pics from old school rpg. That kinda of do the same thing.

byronclaude and chalkdust like this.
  5. windu190

windu190 Villager Member

First Language:
    Dutch
    Will these new character clothes, emotions and accessories be available for the Character Generator as well?

I certainly hope so, that would be great  BD

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2016
  6. Euphony

Euphony Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hmmm Carmilla Santiago? Is that like the steampunk version of Carmen Sandiego? Are we supposed to figure out where she's going on that train? :p

By that logic, the people behind the official store content could release any piece of crap and we would be expected to what? Just blindly praise it because wow new resources thank you so much overlords? C'mon, let's not encourage complacency on the consumer's part or laziness on the artist's part.

No one is immune to constructive criticism here--that's how a community like this thrives and improves. Besides, the criticism I'm seeing is totally valid--the width of the train and the width of the tracks simply don't match. It would take literally one minute to make that track tile wider and fix the problem, so what's the harm in pointing it out?

That being said, the train itself does look amazing. Shame the level of technology in my game doesn't allow for trains, or I'd use it in a heartbeat!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2016
  7. byronclaude

byronclaude Master of all things... (except the things I am no Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm very pleased with this upcoming release.  Trains in particular are hard to find, especially with the potential for easy cost-effective commercial usage.  As far as how compatible it is with RTP, or matters of perspective, it is nothing that a small amount of editing cannot quickly fix.

So long as artists continue to focus on what is 'useful' to the community as a whole, they can continue to count on my money being contributed.

Thanks for this!    :rock-left:   B)   :rock-right:

8. windu190

windu190 Villager Member

First Language:
    Dutch

[​IMG]

Euphony and Little Paw like this.
  9. TheRobotsPet

TheRobotsPet Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I bought the season pass too. :D The train looks amazing. I can't wait to try it out. Only three more days!

10. Markus I.

Markus I. Master of None Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Awesome! Didn't noticed that it was taking so long to release for I haven't been meddling with RPG Maker recently, right when my vacations started :v

11. beliziam

beliziam Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Germany
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The 3rd DLC is released at what time exactly? It's 7pm in europe on july 6th and nothing here yet. 

12. windu190

windu190 Villager Member

First Language:
    Dutch
    It's July 7th now and it's still not here. Oh well..

13. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

The DLC has been released.

For future, please note that we operate in PST (Pacific time zone in US, which is GMT -7). It is still July 6th for us. :)

14. Vaelen Nox

Vaelen Nox Villager Member

First Language:
    german
    I like the Tilesets but why no SE and BGS?? Playing a nice BGS if you inside the train while its moving and a nice SE for the locomotive horn... or that sound when the locomotive starts.. Sound is one of the most important things in games (at least for me)... I don't expect to get music from Nobuo Uematsu or Kajiura Yuki, but some chu chu chu chu from a train.. 

Just saying it would be nice to get surprised, as you've noticed how bad the rating for the season pass is. No intention to change that?

Here is what I mean:

15. Dungeonmind

Dungeonmind Lvl 4000 Humanoid Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is a nice add-on to the currently limited supply of tiles for MV. I think the train is a really neat idea and is something that can be used in most fantasy based rpgs. I really love the ticketeer and the engineer, its nice to have these to go with the scene. Also I'm very happy to get interior tiles for the train, this was something I was worried about upon first hearing it was a train for the tiles dlc.

Now for the constructive criticism on the pack. I do really think there is one thing missing for these tiles and that's the track for the train. It's using the same sized track if not the actual track found in the RTP. A lot of things rub me wrong about this because that track is for smaller vehicles and mine carts, not for a huge train. If the track could be extended to be two tiles wide instead of one, this would make the world of a difference for us. Other then that, I have no other complaints and I appreciate the person/persons who made these tiles for us. :guffaw:

Thank you to all for there hard work in bringing these resources to us. I know it hasn't been easy or rather the community hasn't been well, understanding. What people need to remember is MV's tiles are 1.5 the size of its predecessor. So essentially its 1.5 times as hard as it was to make tiles for ace and does not mean someone isn't pouring out loads of work into making new resources for us to use in our games and the least we can do is show a little understanding and appreciate what has been done for us.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2016
    Euphony and Archeia like this.
  16. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Vaelen Nox I think it was strictly a tile set add on, which is probably why there were no sounds. But, I could try and make some sounds for the next Restaff. I can't make any concrete promises and I'll have to improvise (don't play near train tracks, yo), but I have some ideas of how to do these.

CallMeKerrigan and Vaelen Nox like this.
  17. Euphony

Euphony Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

Just making an educated guess here, but I feel like the response on Steam is part of the reason you say this hahaha. Whether or not that guess is right, I really encourage content creators to focus on what people say here on the forums rather than on Steam. The comments there can be pretty ruthless, especially when anything RPG Maker is involved. Constructive criticism is great, but sometimes the negative feedback can get to the point where the artist starts losing motivation.

CallMeKerrigan likes this.
  18. Little Paw

First Language:
    English

Actually you don't see any criticism about it here because the mods are actively deleting any negative criticism about the Season Pass.

And I'm sure this post will be gone within minutes.

beliziam likes this.
  19. Uzuki

Uzuki Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Little Paw Have they? I've been keeping up with this thread and the only post deleted so far was one user cursing and attacking someone else. Do you have any screencaps?

20. Little Paw

First Language:
    English

Not of the posts, no, but I do have screencaps where Lunarea told me in PM that I would not be allowed to post any negative criticism of the Season Pass. I don't know if I am allowed to post the content of PMs though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.