Season Pass - DLC 3 Sneak Peek

Discussion in 'Product Announcements and Sales' started by Lunarea, Jun 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dungeonmind

Dungeonmind Lvl 4000 Humanoid Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I like the train.  BD

mlogan likes this.
  2. RaZzi

RaZzi My Peculiar Brother Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Is there a way to get this Season Pass DLC 3 without purchasing the whole season pass as I have no use to the other DLC's and I'm only interested in these train parts?

3. CallMeKerrigan

CallMeKerrigan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is insane. Assets for game engines are *extremely* expensive. And here, with RPG Maker you have a very helpful community and affordable assets of all kinds available. 

I cant imagine why anyone would complain or feel slighted. I thought the season pass and train DLC was great, and obviously a lot of work went into it. I feel like if people just crap all over it, nobody will be forthcoming with contributing resources because of the silly backlash and drama that could result. I really hope this doesn't become a normal thing for people to do. 

4. Dumeka

Dumeka Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    To be honest the only thing they really put work in was the third DLC with the Train.

The DLC 1 and 2 were just recycled stuff from the previous makers which already existed for like 98% of both packs.

So it was nothing entirely new or even useful. I bought the Season pass and have two dlcs that are useless on my harddisk.

5. CallMeKerrigan

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I liked the face sets and busts in the first 2 DLC's a lot. I just think if you don't like it, don't buy it. I don't think it has to be a big controversy and I don't think anybody should feel entitled to the DLC being a certain way. 

Edit: I think only one pack had face sets. No busts, but I can't really remember. The other was music. My apologies. But I did really like the season pass and have plans on using it. 

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2016
  6. Dumeka

Dumeka Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    If you pay Money to get new resources for the engine you also expect NEW resources instead of recycled old stuff that looks outdated and sounds like that too.

It's a easy way for them to make a few more bucks fast but for the buyer is more like a ripoff and wasted Money on old resources.that one could had converted themselves.

The third DLC is the only useful resources they delivered so far and I really hope the fourth DLC will be like that too and not some old resources converted from one of the older engines again.

7. CallMeKerrigan

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The face sets are in MV style, so they are obviously new and had to be drawn. I don't know if the music was redone because I don't own rpgmaker 2000. I assume it was because the folder is called remix, and lacks a chiptune vibe I would have expected for 2k music. 

The he resources aren't simply resized, they are completely redrawn and redone. Just because they are based on the 2k makers doesn't mean they were just taken from it.. I don't know where people keep getting that. Either way you know what you are paying for (now) when you buy the season pass. 10 bucks for tens of new facesets with emotes I thought was a great deal. Commissioning someone to do facesets in MV style would not be 10 bucks. 

8. Dumeka

Dumeka Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Let's be fair then, 30% of this pack was "New", the MV Faces and the SV_Actors. Everything else was in the old style and unfitting to the rest of the rpgmaker Default resources.

I own all Engines and yes the tracks were only "remixes" of the original tracks, the sounds were the same.

For People that don't own RPGmaker 2000 maybe a "great deal" for everyone else not so much.

Anyway, it doesn't matter anymore, I just hope the 4th DLC will make up for it.

9. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

Eventually, it will be a separate DLC. But do note that it will be more expensive than getting it as a part of the season pass and that we have no ETA as to when it will be released. It may be several months from now.

10. beliziam

beliziam Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Germany
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Any information on when we get a sneak peak or any other information on dlc 4 ?

windu190 and CallMeKerrigan like this.
  11. windu190

windu190 Villager Member

First Language:
    Dutch

I admit I'm very curious about this as well, though I assume it will take a while (depending on what it is exactly). 

12. Stacks

Stacks Warper Member

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Can I still get the train?

13. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Stacks The DLC is currently steam only, and only in the season pass - if you need it now, you'll have to purchase the entire pass.

However, all DLC is intended to be released independently - currently only the first of the four season-pass DLC's is available independently, and that was made available several months after its original inclusion into the season pass.

So if you want only the train you'll have to wait until it will be available independently, which will take several months as the second part is still not released independently and the train is in the third part.

14. Dracoliche

Dracoliche Villager Member

First Language:
    FR
    Image to illustrate promised delivery date.

only one question : when DLC 4 will be released ? 10 months after....

dlcreleasedate.png

M.I.A. and beliziam like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.