Season Pass DLC4: Kids Released

Discussion in 'Product Announcements and Sales' started by Archeia, Dec 2, 2016.

1. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Poupouille : Honestly, I don't think there is going to be another one, especially as all we got was non-stop complaining about how this one was handled, and then endless fussing over what was and wasn't included.

2. Llareian

Llareian Jack of All Trades, Master of None Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @bgillisp , that's understandable, but very sad. There are a lot of people on this thread saying how much they love the resource, and probably a lot more (like me) who just haven't said it yet but think this sort of resource is fantastic. (I think this is fantastic! I was very excited to see the addition of kids to the generator, and will be happy to pay for it if I need it in a project. I didn't expect to be handed everything on a silver platter, especially when it was never promised to me in the first place.)

It would be a shame if you let the people who don't want or like more of these resources determine that no one gets to have them, even though there are people who love them and want them. (Kind of like RPG Maker games in general, hm?)

broda and palinskyjoe like this.
  3. palinskyjoe

palinskyjoe affable madman Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I agree hardcore with @Llareian on this. It would be a shame that people with too much to complain about made it so that there were no similar releases in the future. I mean... people complain a LOT on these boards. Heck, people complain a lot in life. It is impossible to please everyone, but it can be cool to cater future releases on the general consensus of the consumers.

Has there been any kind of survey to gauge the overall opinion on the season pass? Polls are kind of big here but I think a survey sort of cuts to the nitty gritty on the "why" of it all.

I know that there's a lot involved with these types of decisions and I completely get why people wouldn't want to put in the effort if they were going to be met with griping at every turn (and there was a lot) but it really was a neat idea. I got mine on sale because of fortuitous timing and felt like it would still have been worth the investment at full price. The only part of the pack that I thought was a little 'meh' was the music pack because I lean more towards graphics with my purchases. But that's far from a complaint. The nostalgia of the 2000 tunes was fun, and its always nice to have additional music to play with.

I feel like I'm rambling but I just feel like fighting against the tide of complaints is important because some of us really love what ya'll are doing (and Degica and Steam and whatever) and don't want to lose out on awesome stuff. :D

broda likes this.
  4. Reapergurl

Reapergurl Drummer Extraordinaire! xD Veteran

First Language:
    British English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    I read one, two, three, six bad reviews on the steam page...

I saw this recurring theme:

"Where the updates were previously done for free..."

An interesting read; makes me wonder if 1) these people are legitimately complaining, 2) if they're not the same person with different monikers, or 3) just trolls. But a good point in that if things were previously being done for free, and were of 'better quality', why jump off that train (no pun intended).

Of course, me being likely to not really ever use MV, my thoughts on this are less than viable by association.

However, the phrase 'quantity in great amounts is the breaking of quality' is not one to be ignored.

I'm not really taking sides here. I just don't believe in spending money if the necessity isn't there or is not demanding enough.

But the parts for custom kiddos? Those are neat looking.

5. mara_vertin

mara_vertin Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I must say I'm a bit torn with the season pass.
    Let's remember that we already got rearranged songs from the old maker as a gift. The same goes for the characters. So I understand why people were confused that the other songs and the full character sets were part of the season pass. Of course giving stuff for free doesn't mean you have to do this all the time but you create some kind of expectation. And I must say I was surprised, too.

But what made me dissatisfied with it were the lack of communication and the massive delay. And I really think this is the main point of all the negative reviews. Sorry if this sounds rude, but I got the feeling there were great artist at work but not necessary people who are that good with public relations. :(

Saying all this doesn't mean that the content of the season pass was bad. Quite the contrary. It was all very well made. I especially like the generator parts (I like them even more than the standard parts of the program). And I'm totally sure when they would complete the content of a new season pass so they can deliver on time there won't be any (or at least not many) bad reviews. Because the content they can offer is great.

So. Now the cavalry can come and bash my head. :kaoswt2:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    Reapergurl likes this.
  6. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Where is this DLC? I have the Season's pass but haven't see the SP anywhere?

7. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Tuomo L The fourth DLC is automatically integrated into the character generator of the main program, it is not part of the downloads.
    If you purchased the season pass, you should be able to find dozens of different content options in the character generator child tab,
    Without the season pass, the child tab will only contain a single child.

Reapergurl likes this.
  8. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay, yeah. Those are all cute girls you can make and all but uh.... where's the boys?

Alexander Amnell likes this.
  9. mara_vertin

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Tuomo L The parts are for boys and girls. :) At a very young age boys and girls are usually not too different from another. There're more eyes which look girlish though (at least in my opinion). I copy them in my generator and cut the lashes so I can use them as boys eyes, too. :D

Reapergurl likes this.
  10. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Honestly, the hair/eyestyles just make it look like tomboys more than actual boys. :rswt2:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  11. mara_vertin

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Tuomo L Yeah, maybe because the hair looks so soft? That's what I like most about it to be honest. :)
    For me it was enough to change the eyes a little and go for the thicker eyebrows. But I like boyish girls and cute boys so ... That's just personal taste.

Hm... This manga looks horrible familiar but I can't discover which it is ...

Reapergurl likes this.
  12. Rixius

Rixius Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Archeia Since it's been 5 months since this pack was released, Is there still plans to release this and part 3 separately on Steam? And if so, is there an ETA? I'm really interested in this pack for a project I'm working on, but don't need the other Parts.

13. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    all parts are supposed to be released seperately, but no one has an ETA - the first part was release independently about half a year after it was released as part of the pass.

14. ItaliaVeneziano1

ItaliaVeneziano1 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    It looks like Marmalade boy.
    It would be really cute looking if the generator characters looked like that.

While the face images don't look that young to me, it is helpful for variation in sprites, before there were only 3 or 4 sprites that were small.

mara_vertin likes this.
  15. MobileSuitSonic

MobileSuitSonic Mod Magnet Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I would LOVE to get this fabled Season Pass, but even though I have purchased RMMV, Steam will not allow me to buy it, claiming that I haven't bought it from them.

16. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    If you bought MV here use your key as if it were a Steam key to register MV on your Stream account and you should be able to buy the DLC's for it. If you can use MV through Steam it's a problem through them and you'll want to sort it out with their customer service.

This is off topic though, so if you want to continue this conversation please start a new thread in the correct area. (I'd offer PM but I'm not an expert on this kind of thing.)

17. MobileSuitSonic

MobileSuitSonic Mod Magnet Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Where do I go to that?

18. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Install steam, then go to the menu to the point "activate a product on steam" and enter your key there

19. KawasakiNinja

KawasakiNinja Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is there only one face? I'm just trying to determine if I have this or not. I did purchase the season pass, but I never checked kid generator before to know what the default was.

20. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The default is one option each selection, if you can choose between different clothes or hairs or hats then you most probably have the DLC.