Jathan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any chance anyone could make a plug-in to add a second accessory equipment slot?

dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i not sure if i understand correctly , but as far i know you can add more accesoire slots with the default engine..

Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_2.png

also check out this plugin => MRP_MultipleAccessories
Screenshot_3.png

Jathan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll look into it, this is the first I'm hearing of the base engine being able to do that but I'll try to see if I can figure it out based on your images, I don't speak german so I might not succeed though. Thanks for your help.

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've seen a couple of your posts that lead me to believe there is something your missing with parts of mv that have limited slots. On the types page that Dopan showed, at the bottom there is change maximum. This is in other places as well like items, skills, variables, switches and more. If there is a change maximum button in the window you can increase the amount of that portions slots.

What Dopan was showing you was add an extra 1 to the equipment type with the change maximum button and you can make it whatever you want so like acc. or acc 2.

Hope this helps ya.=)

Jathan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've seen a couple of your posts that lead me to believe there is something your missing with parts of mv that have limited slots. On the types page that Dopan showed, at the bottom there is change maximum. This is in other places as well like items, skills, variables, switches and more. If there is a change maximum button in the window you can increase the amount of that portions slots.

What Dopan was showing you was add an extra 1 to the equipment type with the change maximum button and you can make it whatever you want so like acc. or acc 2.

Hope this helps ya.=)
I know about the change maximum button. I have to use it all the time as my project is actually pretty substantial in size. But I'm pretty sure that merely creating an accessory 1 and 2 type wouldn't solve anything since as far as I know you can only apply one equipment type to items. If I'm wrong I apologize, but if that's the case then that means that I'd only be able to equip certain accessories to one slot or the other, not either one. Which would make purchasing accessories a real pain, I'd basically have to either label each one with a 1 or a 2, and make 2 of each accessory, or maybe make each accessory type a different type of accessory like ring, necklace, etc. neither of which are preferable for my project. Hence why simply having more than one accessory slots would be better, unless there's some sort of code command I could use that's built into the engine but since nobody has brought it up I'm assuming it doesn't exist.

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ahh, apologies I misread things. So what your asking for is doable with one of yanflys plugins, Equip Core. The plugin is part of the free pack if you don't have it and are interested. With that plugin you can give the actors multiple slots that will work off of the same accessory plus many other things like different slots for different classes.

dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So what your asking for is doable with one of yanflys plugins, Equip Core.

yes the project from where these screenshots came does use the "Equip Core"-plugin which is also mentioned in the help info from the "MRP_MultipleAccessories"-plugin

sry i didnt mentioned that..

Jathan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan @Jeremiah Eastman

Anyway thanks for both of your guy's help. the MRP_Multiple Accessories plugin ended up being perfect for my setup, and now I'm one step closer. Thanks guys

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I really need to buy a new mouse. Mine's keeps double-clicking and makes me waste A LOT of time eventing
How come there's no spooktober game jam? I thought horror maker games were some of the most popular genre out there...
"I didn't know X song was about that!" Uh... why? Do you not listen to the lyrics? I mean, I guess that makes sense. We live in a world where nobody listens, but everyone wants to be heard.
Coding class: Python
Game dev work: Javascript
Result: AHHH!!! Writing program for an assignment and having it crash and burn because I used Javascript syntax or format. Or having my game die on me because of a python call :yswt:
Can we make it so whenever a banned user tries to use their account whilst banned, the forum should redirect to this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mansfield40matt