Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other

Engine: RPG Maker MV
Synopsis:
Chance knew from the day he was born that he was bound for greatness. Unfortunately, Chance was horribly misguided in this assumption.

In the far-away city of Los Cactus, there have been murders most foul. Monster-kind is being shunned from the streets, the blame for these murders falling on their shoulders. An election on the horizon threatens to jeopardize their position in the world even further! Just who will step up to save them?

Unfortunately for the monsters, that person is Chance Thomson, a hopelessly errant detective who struggles to tie his own shoelaces! Monster-kind's only hope lies in he and his new partner, a mysterious lady named Grace. With her help, can Chance shape up and solve the mysteries surrounding Los Cactus?

Play as Chance in a collection of mysteries against tricky foes and cunning set-ups! Piece together clues to discover the villain's narrative, and do your best not to nab the wrong guy! Meet a wide cast of colorful characters, from zombie waitresses to your very own Slime Friend™, and try to break a very inconvenient sleep cycle!​

Characters:
Chance, the Not-So-Super Sleuth: A young detective controlled by you, the player! He was born and raised in a small town, on the other side of the country from Los Cactus, but moved to the city in order to meet more babes. Instead, he found himself in a dead-end detective gig, trying to find the person who murdered his social life.

Grace, the Very Good Bad Cop: New to Los Cactus, Grace is able to put her skills to work getting Chance in line. She's a cop at heart, and the only thing she likes more than beating up baddies and putting them behind bars is a well-deserved drink after a long day.

The Boss: Leaving on a so-called business trip to the tropical isles of Vana Hula, she leaves Chance and Grace at the helm of the detective agency. How will Chance survive without his mentor?

....and many more!

Gameplay Features:
Branching dialogue: The way you choose to interact with witnesses will not only affect their reactions in the present, but in the future as well. Be careful! A cooperative witness can make or break a case!
Grading system: At the end of each case, you’ll receive a grade based on your investigative skills! The higher your score, the better your reputation becomes!
Bus travel system: Don’t feel like traversing the whole city? Head to the nearest bus stop and catch a ride to your desired destination!
Fully-custom graphics and music to bring the story to life!​

Screenshots:

Credits:
Of course, this project wouldn’t be possible without the help from my wonderful team:
Graphics:
@Amysaurus
@iblamevictoria
@Nirwanda
@NPC

Writing:
@NPC
@Clydous
@Nirwanda

Music + Sound Design:
@Clydous
@JacobM
@Saltwater Croc

Programming + Development:
@TehGuy
RedPixel

Want to show your support? Here's a banner!:
Code:
[URL='https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/second-chance-in-development.81366/#post-755612'][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/H77gmx5.png[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

NPC

Auteurist in this world
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
We hope you give this game a chance, and help us make a killing!

And they made me head writer; we truly have fallen from grace.

There is a demo in the works, we'll keep everyone updated :)

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Jon is best writer: I fully approve of his headyness. There is a lot of hard work and love put into this, I hope it shows! :)

Last edited:

RoooodWorks

Devil King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
omg it looks way better than it did in discord, geeeeez i cannot wait to try it :)

Amysaurus

Dinosnore
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@NPC .....I'm going to need a therapist to deal with these puns by the time this is over. :blink:
@Nirwanda I hope so too! <3
@RoooodWorks Lol! I'm glad to hear it! :smile:

Here's a look at the main menu system we're putting together for this project:
The visuals for it aren't final yet, but it gives a pretty good idea of the "apps" we'll be incorporating. :cutesmile:

Besides that, here's a support banner I put together. I tried to keep it kinda small ^^:

Code:
[URL='https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/second-chance-in-development.81366/#post-755612'][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/H77gmx5.png[/IMG][/URL]

Amysaurus

Dinosnore
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Update time!

Here's a look at some of the character headshots I've been making for our menu system:

They'll be used to let the player look through potential suspects in a given case. :)

Negi-Mox

My hand got fractured!!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh my god very nice art!!!!I can't wait to play you're game.And by the way you had done a nice nice work on the tilesets and face and the chracters..:rwink:

Last edited:

Lonewulf123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Enlish
I've seen screens here and there, but this really ties the whole thing together. Best of luck! This game looks great! I'll be following!

Amysaurus

Dinosnore
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Captain's Log, Stardate October 5, 2017....

Overall, things are going fairly well! We've got a draft for the first part put together, and I've been working on an intro sequence (which should be done by the end of this weekend, woo-hoo!). Here's a look at some of what I've been doing:

Last edited:

Kemsyn

Not bad...for a human.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks so professional, I'm jealous. The game seems really interesting and I'd love to see how it plays once a demo is out.

Last edited:

NPC

Auteurist in this world
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Here's a few character concepts for you guys to munch on!

Wendy Cullridge-Gant: The Intern
Her daddy got her the job at Rook Notary Services, and she's working really hard! Promise!

Mr. Duncan Tall
He's the manager of Rook Notaries, directly under Mr. Palmer. In a figurative way. Get your mind out of the gutter.

Mr. Palmer
He's the big cheese, the head honcho, the super soaker. Basically, he's in charge...when he feels like it.

Yasmin Bease: The Receptionist
She loves CSI and all things gorey. Except not Al Gore. She's impartial about him.

Lonewulf123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Enlish
Duncan Tall looks a lot like Abraham Lincoln to me...

All of them are neat! can't wait to see how they contribute to the game!

Amysaurus

Dinosnore
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Thanks, guys! I have been 1000% swamped with schoolwork + illness, but thankfully I've been able to work on a few menu mockups during class:

Here's a title screen I put together to work on idle/background animations:

And here's a save select menu I made to work on menu designs:

These most likely won't be the final versions, but I find it helpful to make a prototype before I commit to a design idea. All of the music is by the ever-awesome Clydous! :smile:

Amysaurus

Dinosnore
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other

I'd just like to take a moment to remind all of you that every cactus is beautiful.
. . .

....And, more importantly, that we're back into the swing of things! Our goal is to get a demo of our first case out by March-April, so we can show off what we've been up to. :smile:

Here's a bit of what I've been working on recently:​

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Game looks really cool! I am definitely watching this!

How come for any game I really like, I have to wait a while for the demo...? No, no, just joking!

Amysaurus

Dinosnore
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Thomas Smith Lol! Thanks :rswt
@kaiijuu Glad to hear it!

I'm off on spring break right now, so I've decided to take the opportunity to revamp the opening sequence I put together during the fall. I had to use a lot of placeholder graphics due to time constraints, so I'll be replacing all of those :smile:

Here's the original version:

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
And this is why my game is bad. Because we've got games like these raising the bar. XD Seriously, though. It looks so good, I'm waiting patiently here for the demo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was today years old when I realized I could choose where to put choices in VNMaker. Oi.
What if I start to make final boss first then crawl down from there to make lesser bosses
i don't even know why i bother. Trying to to a simple candle light to flicker. Hour later no progress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
choibento