FREE (SECOND DEMO UPDATE!)The Power of the Arcane(MV)

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
just a little over a month out now from the second demo's release, has anyone given it a play? curious for any feedback

Sparky89

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
just a little over a month out now from the second demo's release, has anyone given it a play? curious for any feedback
I enjoyed the fighting mechanism really enjoyable I had to think on best way etc I really enjoyed this aspect. I liked the open world free to roam day and night and to explore I felt lost sometimes, but makes the maps more interesting. The story so far is quite deep and has potential but I haven't seen enough of it yet. I like the side missions you can do that are optional I haven't explored the mining and crafting yet but the world is your oyster on that, it be interesting to see. It's a cool game big scenes, I would like to see it go further I'm genuinely excited to see what new moves to learn, and how they function. I can't say much for graphics and sound its default RTP tiles but the map design is nice and open felt like a game dude. I hope this helps

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi honey, I gave yo demo a spin! Here's my thoughts! :kaoluv:

Soo, I didn't play a whole lot yet, just got to Drake's Watch and went straight to the tavern... Everything was a little overwhelming at first, for example, I didn't understand why all my spells were divided into three different skill-sets? Once I fuddled around a bit tho, it didn't bother me that much. But maybe if I were just a bit more impatient than I am - TOTALLY NOT IMPATIENT, NOT ME :kaoswt: - I woulda rage quit already. :biggrin::biggrin:

I also died a lot before I got the hang of things. Like, it wuz maybe my fourth try before I got into the cave and smacked that witch hunter dude's bits? Surprisingly, that boss fight was okay! A little depressing 'cuz he used a heal and I felt like, a bit cheated of all my efforts, but hey, I got him in the end? (I hate boss fights, fyi!) :kaoback:

Anyway, I still don't know half of what's going on in the fights, with all the states and stuff flyin' around, but I got along with that. I'd love it if all that was somehow not, uh, so wild and all over the place and things were just simpler, y'know? But mebbe that's preferences.

Writing could use a bit o' polish, but mebbe I'm a snob like that, not errybody can be Angela Carter. :kaoswt: I really like the NEFARIOUS CLUB OF EVIL that we get to see in the vision, and that dog guy's just yo, Imma help you gurl, I usta be human, now I'm a dog! That's endearing. :biggrin::biggrin: For the kinda game you havin' tho, you could just turn errybody up to the eleven and I wouldn't mind at all!

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No probs y'all! Imma try and play some more! So far, I'm surprisingly okay wid Dog Guy using two daggers (???) but the night/day system is a biiit... I don't know if I like it or not? :kaoswt2: Like, I think it's cool that night falls and stuff, and I hafta navigate by lamplight, but at the same time I can't find squat when it's night and I'm just... somebody make it day again! :kaocry:(Maybe it'd be better if night was jus' toned dark blue instead of... y'know... dark? Yeah I know that probably makes zero sense...)

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so, one thing I should state here, although I haven't updated the demo yet, I did actually make it less dark when it's night time. All areas outside of light's range is still QUITE dim, but it is possible to see now. That should help navigation a bit, while still emphasizing that it's.... you know.... dark.

No, you right, what you said do make sense; I just wanted to put an emphasis on how dark it is when it's night time. so it is very dark.

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, umm, where does the demo end? I got into an alleyway fight with some dude, and then I went to sleep, tried to get into some caves, but couldn't really get anywhere? Did I do everything there's to do?

Some more thoughts:

*alleyway fight was okay, altho I hate surprise boss fights even more than normal boss fights :kaoswt2:
*I'm confused as to what consumables I oughta buy? Like, I ended up buying a ton of candy, because they tell me how much HP they restore, and they wuz cheep :kaoswt:
*all the symbols in fights still fly high over my head (I entered a fight and there was a cheese symbol over my dudes' heads? What does that mean?)
*night-time was nice, but I hated it that there wuz nothing to do, all the shops are closed and errybody asleep... like, I ended up just tryina wait until morning. Then I got into that alleway fight

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, umm, where does the demo end? I got into an alleyway fight with some dude, and then I went to sleep, tried to get into some caves, but couldn't really get anywhere? Did I do everything there's to do?

Some more thoughts:

*alleyway fight was okay, altho I hate surprise boss fights even more than normal boss fights :kaoswt2:
*I'm confused as to what consumables I oughta buy? Like, I ended up buying a ton of candy, because they tell me how much HP they restore, and they wuz cheep :kaoswt:
*all the symbols in fights still fly high over my head (I entered a fight and there was a cheese symbol over my dudes' heads? What does that mean?)
*night-time was nice, but I hated it that there wuz nothing to do, all the shops are closed and errybody asleep... like, I ended up just tryina wait until morning. Then I got into that alleway fight
you're referring to the first night in the city, during which you are intended to explore. it is a fair amount of time, but that is intended. So, if you mouse over the state effects, it actually tells what they are. The cheese symbol indicates a character recently consumed food, and is "full", the Full state makes the benefit from food 0 until it wears off.
With regard to consumables, the point is that you will have a wide array of choices, there's no need to be confused because at the end of the day, they are optional. you do not need to buy any of them.

The demo technically "ends" after you obtain the second arcane gem. I am still doing a bit of touching things up and think I am going to upload an update, which will include the night time darkness change to make it less dark at night. Here is what it will look like.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Somehow that granny topic got me... maybe I can come up with some more thematic stuff :3
Going live for tonight's stream! Kytt isn't feeling 100% tonight so the wifestream will be tomorrow and I'll be playing Final Fantasy XIV for this one instead. Twitch
i got bronchitis ; n ;
I've been trying very hard to distance myself from my inspirations, but maybe It would be better just to accept it.
3uL5XnP.gif
For my 100th post, I wanted to thank this forums community for the generosity and respect that each of you show.

I'm always impressed when I see the 6x veterans (in number of years compared to my presence here on these forums) continue to help and support all the community members on a daily basis, the awesome artists who share their creations with so much passion...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pinto_hacker