Secret passage plugin

mykrme

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Plugin name: SecretPassage
Creator name: mykrme

Introduction
Create secret passages simply and easily via map regions.

Features
- secret passage where the player is visible

- secret passage where the player is invisible

How to Use
All you need to do is enable the plugin and mark the path of a secret passage with the correct passable map region. Depending on the region used, player is either visible or invisible. To block the player from wandering of the path (in larger areas), use the impassable region.

All three regions are configurable (defaults are 1 for visible, 2 for impassable tile, 3 for invisible).

Screenshot of example use in the spoiler below.

secret_passage_scrshot.png

Terms of Use

- free for use in both non-commercial or commercial projects,

- any modifications and re-posts allowed,

- crediting welcome but not required

Sources

All available on github, @secret_passage.

Plugin direct link: SecretPassage.js

Demo zip archive direct link: SecretPassageDemo.zip
Credit- mykrme

Last edited by a moderator:

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
You mean I don't need to add things to a B tileset to do this with events anymore? <3

Good job!

mykrme

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
...or do it with rather complex events set-up. Yep, I was annoyed by that too. ;)

Radis3D

Just a Devilz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
thank you for making it, lemme try it :)

TheTsunaru

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm assuming "invisible" is supposed to hide the character's sprite while they're on it, yes? Because if so, it's failing to do so in both my own game and the demo.

mykrme

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I'm assuming "invisible" is supposed to hide the character's sprite while they're on it, yes? Because if so, it's failing to do so in both my own game and the demo.
Hmm, that is curious. I'm using it in my own project, it works there. I re-tested the demo, it works there too.

Could you check the debug console (F8) if you're getting any errors? Perhaps record a short video of how it behaves for you?

I'd be happy to fix the problem, but I need some lead on what it could be.

TheTsunaru

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mykrme

invisible.png

Appears in both my game and my copy of the demo whenever I step on the tiles marked for "Invisible".

Edit: It actually appears to be giving me that error message regardless of the plugin being on or off, so I'm not certain if that has anything to do with it or not.. I'll look into it myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

mykrme

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@mykrme

Appears in both my game and my copy of the demo whenever I step on the tiles marked for "Invisible".
Thank you!

Although, it appears it will be rather a problem at your end - a library/script files are reported missing. I didn't touch the PIXI libraries at all.

My guess is that you are operating an older version of RMMV than what I used for making the plugin and demo - which is 1.3.4. Can you tell me which version you are running? I heard the version of this library was bumped up somewhere in some RMMV update. That might be the cause.

I don't think I can get a hold of an older RMMV to backport the plugin and demo if that is the case though. My advice would be to update your RMMV if possible (after backing everything up).

TheTsunaru

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm running on 1.3.4 as well cause I've got it on steam set to auto-update, and the project I'm using to test it in was newly created just last night. Guess I'll try a reinstall and see if that fixes it.

mykrme

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I'm running on 1.3.4 as well cause I've got it on steam set to auto-update, and the project I'm using to test it in was newly created just last night. Guess I'll try a reinstall and see if that fixes it.
Let me know how it went. Just in case it's some silly oversight - the three pixi*.js scripts are present in the js/libs/ folder of the demo when you unpack it, right?

TheTsunaru

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, they're all there in the proper spot it's trying to load it in from, so I'm not sure what the cause is.

mykrme

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Actually (after googling a bit), the errors in the debug console shouldn't be causing you any troubles.

I'm fresh out of ideas - maybe sleeping on it will help. ;)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello I was wondering if there was a fix found for this? so far both the demo and my game doesn't make me invisible same issue as TheTsunaru

Kike

Paladin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Same here, the invisibility isn't working :c

DragonVine

May or May Not be Batman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm curious about this as well, as it would make walking behind buildings significantly easier to do. Does anyone have any insight as to why it's not working?

Antera

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
EN & FR
Primarily Uses
Trying it !

Antera

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
EN & FR
Primarily Uses
Cannot walk through any, 10 11 12 :-(

Skurge

" (GASP) What's going on!? "
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Could I make a suggestion to extend the use of this plugin? Because I really do like this plugin but my project currently isn't situational to have secret passages as such.

I don't know if it could be done- but what if there was an extra paremetter that allowed the player or other events pass through a region tile marked on the map- but whichever tile graphic the region is marked on will overlap the play/events? Take this image for example.

The region marked 5 could manipulate the engine to overlap whatever event walks in that region.

While in play this lady is half concealed walking in region 5

If this was implemented it would also add a bit of secrecy and challenge for some players to find the secret pathway to a hidden room far in the map!

Attachments

Antera

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
EN & FR
Primarily Uses
Any idea why the plugin is not working for me ? This my post above
:-(
Many thanks in advance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

On the plus side, if all this rioting sparks another Covid outbreak... I will have a whole lot of time to work on my game. Not exactly how I wanted to get that time, but hey I'm a glass is half full... of RM kind of guy. :LZSwink:
A video once in a while won't hurt.
Have a craving for a Nesquik milkshake. No idea why. Haven't had one since I was a kid. lol. I remember them kinda tasting nice, but also leaving a lot of nasty powder at the bottom of the cup.
The more I think about it, the weirdest part of going to work post-virus will probably be getting used to seeing my coworkers' mouths again. :LZYshock:
I think one of my weirdest realizations is that my speed of game development would probably be about the same if I *didn't* work a full-time manual labor job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guangdi