GIRakaCHEEZER

Dreams of Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm waiting on feedback from EliteKilljoy as well, unless they pulled out.
I didn't really count the bonus testers since, well, they were bonus testers. And also they have a smaller stake in this, seeing as they didn't submit games themselves.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Done, posted on the site, pending approval.

Kryzon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I submitted my review.

I'd like to thank GIRakaCHEEZER for hosting this round of Secret Santa.

Geoff Moore

Composer for Hire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks very much, Kryzon! I'll respond to your feedback shortly.

I got stuck in Fear The Sprongle!, so I PM'd Underwhale Z for some help and I'll try to finish it when I get a response. I've posted feedback on the game page and suggested the authors make a forum thread too, because no-one seems to have played this unique, interesting, bizarre and funny game. In the meantime, I'll cross-post my feedback here if that's okay, might drum up some much-deserved interest. Check the game out if you get time!

Here's some Secret Santa feedback, written as I play!

Based on the blurb, I was not expecting to fear the Sprongle. Based on the title screen, I am totally fearing the Sprongle.

Have you played any Katamari games? The oddball vocabulary choices and dialogue in the opening sequence are very reminiscent of the bizarre, hilarious King from that series, which is a very good thing. :)

Nice music! It's really unusual and utterly suitable for the surreal, dreamlike feel of the game.

The writing is strong, despite being super, SUPER wacky. Considering how wacky it is, the fact it isn't annoying really says something, so well done for that. Lamule is straight-up awesome, her introduction really cracked me up. I'm also quickly warming to our hero, his dopey dialogue and anxiety-ridden inner thoughts make for an atypical and endearing protagonist. Oh, and Lord is really funny too. :)

Typo time! When heading somewhere other than Mimsy, Lamule says "To Mismsy!" Also, the guy at the gate of Mimsy says "dreranged" at one point. And one of the knights guarding the Lord chamber misses the 'y' in "trustworthy".

I love inclusion of the Link's Awakening style item trading quest. The Paper Mario-type press the button just at the right moment battles are fun too, but I think a more visual tutorial would help as I died a few times figuring out the timing.

Unfortunately I got stuck soon after the first battle, but I want to play more. Not sure if it's me being stupid or a problem with the game, I PM'd you on the forum so get back to me and I'll try to finish. I might write this up into a review as well, but I hope the feedback so far is helpful! It's unfortunate you haven't had more feedback considering how unique your game is and how much work has gone into this, you should really consider making a post in the contest forum and get yourselves some more players. I'll post this in the Secret Santa forum, hopefully that could help. :D

Underwhale Z

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Many many thanks for the good feedback! Very appreciated! Hope my PM has helped you get past the part you are stuck on! I have left a more detailed reply on the Sprongle game page!

GIRakaCHEEZER

Dreams of Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The play period deadline has passed. The only person who hasn't finished playing/reviewing their assigned game is Nuclear Mosquito. I'm not sure what to do about that, so he won't be allowed to enter again until he finishes the game he was assigned in the first round.

With that, why don't we start a second round. The signup period will be for 4 days this time, so that means the deadline for signups will be 11:59pm, September 25th. I'll make sure that if you sign up again that you won't be assigned a game you were previously assigned before.

Nuclear Mosquito

Now what are you going to do?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The play period deadline has passed. The only person who hasn't finished playing/reviewing their assigned game is Nuclear Mosquito. I'm not sure what to do about that, so he won't be allowed to enter again until he finishes the game he was assigned in the first round.

With that, why don't we start a second round. The signup period will be for 4 days this time, so that means the deadline for signups will be 11:59pm, September 25th. I'll make sure that if you sign up again that you won't be assigned a game you were previously assigned before.
Shucks the 22nd just started here. I'll post what I have at the moment my classes end, but don't enter me in the next one. I've got too much work here.

GIRakaCHEEZER

Dreams of Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Shucks the 22nd just started here. I'll post what I have at the moment my classes end, but don't enter me in the next one. I've got too much work here.
If you read the OP it says "The games have been randomly assigned. The play-period will end on September 21st, 11:59PM UTC.", which it has said since the games were assigned.

Also, I'll be entering Round 2, of course.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is exam period for me, so I should sit round 2 just for that reason. With that said, if I have time I'll play a game of those that enter, but don't assign me one or put my game in the pool (unless you want to put my game in just for fun for someone who has no game to enter to play) just because I may miss this round with all the exams coming up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm in for Round 2.

Merlandese

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'll pass, but this was a good idea!

Also, the feedback for Last Word hasn't popped up on RMN yet. Not sure if it's still pending or if there was some other kink. If it didn't make it through for some reason, I don't have a problem with the input being made as a post on the page instead of an official review. :)

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'll pass, but this was a good idea!

Also, the feedback for Last Word hasn't popped up on RMN yet. Not sure if it's still pending or if there was some other kink. If it didn't make it through for some reason, I don't have a problem with the input being made as a post on the page instead of an official review. :)
It failed to post for some reason, so here is the short version:

Good: Liked the idea of the game, and it being more investigative than battle heavy.

Bad: The battles. I lost *every* battle in that game (which also meant I couldn't advance past a certain point), as the computer spammed the attack I was weak to every time. May want to tone that down, because right now since I always go first (and they aren't weak to anything until they go once), they always get in one strike on my weakness before I can start hitting theirs, which meant I started behind and never could make it up.

nerd-vs-game

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I'm in for another round but I am very busy next week so I might need some time to finish my review

GIRakaCHEEZER

Dreams of Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh whoops the signup period ended yesterday, didn't it.

Round 2's assignments have been posted in the OP. Please play your assigned game and leave a review for the developer by October 7th, 11:59pm UTC.

EDIT: Ok nerd-vs-game ninja'd me here so I have to adjust the matchings now.

Last edited by a moderator:

nerd-vs-game

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
oh sry ^^
I am already busy so I totally missed the deadline! If it's too much work for you you can just leave it as it is

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I now have an idea of how to approach my IGMC entry for this year's theme, as well as a working title (TBA). Given the limited time I can spare, I'm going with a game design that doesn't require a battle system. Something that could be expanded if I want to make it a longer game, but can probably be played through within 2 hours (the goal for now), at least on a speed run.
In last 5 years, I have bought 4 MSI computer components and had issues with all 4 of them. With two of them these issues were so huge the board was quite unusable. I think it's safe to day it's my last MSI product purchase.
Thanks Thesaurus.com for letting me know another word for 'noted' is 'noted'.
The capital city of Lindenburg everyone. "Capital"

Map043.png
been trying to up my action sequence game and I'm not entirely sure what to do, even with tutorials out there. but I think I'm heading in the right direction with some attacks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nakel016