Ruby

Of the Earth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

​
What is Secret Santa? Secret Santa is a fun Christmas time event where everybody gets to make something for someone else to give this holiday season. One person will also get assigned to you, to make you something as well. The secret part is you will not know who is making what for you. Keeping it in line with RPG Maker, you will state what you need, or would like for your game whether it be a sprite, a portrait, an event, a script or what have you. Please keep it small and between one or two items. Your Santa does not have to make you what you want, especially if you are not detailed. I will pair you up with your best suited Santa. 

Keep in mind that the fun of this event is to make and receive something special this holiday season. Try not to be disappointed if you didn't get exactly what you were looking for or wanted. 

Here is what I need from you. You have until November 16th, at Midnight PST to sign up. On November 16th you will receive your assigned person, for whom you can make what you'd like for them. Remember, it's the season for giving, but try not to stress if you think what you are giving isn't good enough. Everything given is going to be so greatly appreciated by the receiver. 

Username:

Strengths: What are you good at making? It could be anything. Nothing is too small to give. Some suggestions are a drawing (could be anything, a portrait, a faceset, santa riding on his reindeer), an event, sprites, a small script (please don't take advantage of this), music, sounds, battler. Anything possibly related to RPG Maker is suitable. Feel free to post some examples of what you're capable of. This is completely optional though.

Would like to receive: Keep in mind that you may not receive everything/anything you ask for. But, you will receive something that is yours to keep and use how you'd like. If you'd like an event done for you/script or something (Please also request a smaller back-up!), please be willing to give as much information as possible. Also, please don't take advantage of requesting. Ideally you will receive one or two items, please don't expect more than that.

Your gifts are due December 10th. Gifts will be delivered on December 15th at midnight PST. You can stay anonymous or you can write a letter to your person.

I will not be participating. I will be making tiles however, for those of you that forget, or someone happens to not receive a gift. I can only pixel, but if something happens, please write down one tile you would like to see made, and I will get it made for you. I can't guarantee it will match your other tiles, but I can promise to do my best. I can answer any question/comments here in the thread.

Please PM me if you'd like to help run the event or have any ideas you'd like to see implemented.

The Nice List

Jackus

The Odd One

RocketKnight

Matseb2611

NeoFantasy

Vox Novus (Vox Kringle)

Marsigne

RishWars

FlameEX

Nightshade

DarknessFalls

Lavra

Hiddenone

PalladinThug

Oddball

Iron Croc

Harulover

Last edited by a moderator:

Seriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Do we sign up here or in a PM?

Ruby

Of the Earth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You sign up here. Only PM me if you would like to help moderate the event or have something to say that might derail the thread. :) Be sure to use the format, or to at least touch on all the points.

Seriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Okay.

Username: Jackus

Strengths: I can make maps, events. and RGSS3 Scripts. (Not JS). I will probably make a map with some events unless someone wants something specific that is within my abilities. I also do simple graphics but.. they're... quite bad.

Would like to receive: Ohhhhh I don't really mind :p But some battle themes would be nice. I can never find any good battle themes in the style of the MV RTP. :p Othere than that, anything audio related xD. Ooorrrr a nice looking unique cursor. :p More details can be given if needed (Preferably through someone else to keep anonymity.

Ruby

Of the Earth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Feel free to message me details you don't want to share except for with me and the person who will be gifting to you.

That Odd One

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Saw your status update glad your doing it :D

Username: That Odd One

Strengths: Pixel Art (ex. Icons, Sprites)

Would like to receive:

(It might be a bit hard) A jumping plugin, make character jump with the press of a button for MV. Or if it's too advanced A sad melody when an important character dies like this 

RocketKnight

Broke with expansive taste
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Username: RocketKnight

Strengths: I can make maps, events.

Would like to receive: Scripts (RGSS3), maps, some system events.  Something would fit in my project 1926 - Metropolis

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Cool stuff! I'd be happy to make something for someone.

Username: Matseb2611

Strengths: I can make edits to existing graphics, including animating sprites to perform unique actions. So behaviour sprites and animated battlers mostly, though I can do all manner of frankenspriting too, so long as there's some template to work from. I can do some simple fog graphics, battle transition images, and HUD graphics too.

Would like to receive: I don't mind too much. Some sound effects would always be great to have (I don't mind which ones, though battle-related might be the most useful to me). I'd be happy with any kind of dark-themed music tracks too. Graphically, anything that can fit backgrounds, parallaxes, battlebacks, or even images for use as battle animations. Any of these I'd be happy with.

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
User name:NeoFantasy

Strengths: Mapping (I can make some nice village maps but I can't do anything too big since school is taking up most of my free time, though I will event the map). I only have ace so I can't do any mv mapping but this shouldn't be a problem since there is a script to convert maps :p

Would like to receive: A dead bloodied version of this sprite or a pose where she's lying down and reading a book. (an extra nice santa can make it have a page turning animation ;) ) but whatever you want to give me is fine, it is after all the thought that matters :D

$Samantha.png

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'll join as I said previously.

Username: Vox Novus (although I expect during december Vox Kringle may come around to visit)

Strengths: I can do maps and I'm solid on eventing but my biggest strength is with artwork I suppose; especially battlers.

Recieve: I can't script so stuff I can use in ace would be cool or music, music is always nice; I could use something retro sounding in my reworking of my IGMC 2015 project.

Thanks for leading and getting this going ruby.

Marsigne

Hello There
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Username: Marsigne

Strengths: Cinematic Scenes, but I doubt anyone would want that :3 (Cinematic Scenes is not the same as eventing or mapping, just pointing out xD) I have some old work that can be found here and here but newer work are private.

Would like to receive: Well, what I really need as of I remember could be complex (a script) so, well, maybe watch my scenes and give opinion XD If someone wants to be jackass (lol) though and wants to make the complex script (or just read the request), here is the info in spoiler:

Recently I've seen a problem with dialog (text box) and it is that the dialogs doesn't follow the character (an event, not the player per se) and can cause problems in certain situations. I could compensate but in very certain situations can be problematic (in cinematic scenes of course, normally you would never encounter that I suppose). There was a script that did it on XP but there is none on Ace as far as I know (the current script I use doesn't have it, here is the script). The current script I use have the above/below player/events dialog function but doesn't follow it.

Ruby

Of the Earth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey, Marsigne, please post a few more things that you might like, just in case someone can't do a complex script for you. (Honestly, I can almost guarantee it) Maybe add a character or two and someone could draw/sprite it for you. Not saying it wont happen, but add some more things so that you might get something you want. :)

Marsigne

Hello There
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey, Marsigne, please post a few more things that you might like, just in case someone can't do a complex script for you. (Honestly, I can almost guarantee it) Maybe add a character or two and someone could draw/sprite it for you. Not saying it wont happen, but add some more things so that you might get something you want. :)
Ye sorry xD though doesn't consultation counts? "maybe watch my scenes and give opinion XD" Sorry if I didn't paraphrase it correctly.

Ruby

Of the Earth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Asking for someone to review your scenes shouldn't be a problem. :)

RishWars

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Hinglish

Username: RishWars

Strengths: I can make maps, events, I can also Edit Battlers and recolor sprites and tilesets.

Would like to receive: I need a Title screen and a Logo for my game The Room.(Simple?! :p )

FlameEX

The Volcanic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Username: FlameEX

Strengths: Creating maps, events, and good stories/gameplay.

Would like to receive: EDIT: Sprites, faces, portraits, and battlers :)

(Btw, the sprites, faces and battlers are 2 boys and 2 girls)

Ruby

Of the Earth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
All the names have been updated on the Nice List. If there is an odd number of people, I will step in and fill in for one of you, as long as you don't mind that it might not be anonymous. I can't really randomize either, since I want to make sure I pair the right people together.

Nightshade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Username: Nightshade

Strengths: Some what draw sprites and tilesets. forcing myself to learn how to sprite from sratach. not easy ><

Would like to receive: Lamia Character in MV RTP Style :) WITH A matching SV battle set for her in RTP Style :) Matching face set for her would be a plus!

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Nightshade Might want to specify if you want the artist to base the images on anything or not, as well as what genders etc...

Ruby

Of the Earth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
A little under 2 days left to sign up guys!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3 followed by Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!
I have at least three ongoing projects and I have no idea what to do with them.

Gotta love game dev.
I keep seeing the 'file tear' icon when I'm on some post that has images. I'm not sure if it's just me or it's the post, based on the replies I see.
Me: anime is okay. There are a couple good ones and a lot of really bad ones but the good are worth it. Brother: if you bring anime anywhere near me I'll break your nico nico kneecaps
Wasting so much time trying to get a sprite behavior to work. I feel like banging my head against a wall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howzarion01