Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does the enemy have the state icon at the point where you'd expect lightning rod to take effect?

Icenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Does the enemy have the state icon at the point where you'd expect lightning rod to take effect?
Yes both enemy and actors have the icons showing.

Edit: I have the state being removed at turn end so after all characters go. If I use a spell on a different enemy nothing happens then if my next actor casts spell on runic enemy the runic effect applies and eats the spell. So it's working just not redirecting.

Last edited:

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you tested it with only one possible outcome for Mischief so you know it's always Lightning Rod?

Icenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Have you tested it with only one possible outcome for Mischief so you know it's always Lightning Rod?
Just tested and does not work. I doubt that would have made a difference since only one state is applied at a time.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know, it just makes debugging easier because every time you try it you know what it'll be. Let's have a look here...

I've set it up *exactly* as you have it, down to the character (I would have coded it slightly differently, but I've replicated your setup to be sure it's not something in there) and it works perfectly. I target a non-mischievous enemy, and one of the mischievous ones absorbs the hit and restores MP.

What plugins do you have active?

Last edited:

Icenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I know, it just makes debugging easier because every time you try it you know what it'll be. Let's have a look here...

I've set it up *exactly* as you have it, down to the character (I would have coded it slightly differently, but I've replicated your setup to be sure it's not something in there) and it works perfectly. I target a non-mischievous enemy, and one of the mischievous ones absorbs the hit and restores MP.

What plugins do you have active?

Wow this is frustrating and I know for debugging it makes total sense. I'm trying different things as well in between posts.
I'm not home at the moment but I mainly use most of yanfly plugins. I'll try a fresh project and if that works I'll start disabling plugins until I figure which is the problem.
Off hand I can't think of a conflict I try to only use yanfly battle plugins to avoid any sort of conflict.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Don't worry, one way or the other we'll get to the bottom of this.

Icenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is pretty ridiculous what I am doing wrong? New project with these plugins and it doesnt work. Well it works the same as my main project. Runic works if targeted and if you target non-mischief user it does nothing.

Attachments

• newproject.jpg
    newproject.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 4

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you zip up that project and send it to me?

The problem is the STB plugin. It's changing the way auras work so your party members don't have the aura state until *after* they take their next action, meaning it isn't triggering during the turn it should.

Last edited:

Icenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can you zip up that project and send it to me?

The problem is the STB plugin. It's changing the way auras work so your party members don't have the aura state until *after* they take their next action, meaning it isn't triggering during the turn it should.

Well crap... is there a work around of I have to scrap this idea? No compatibility patch?
Thank you so much for your time and helping figure it out:)
Edit: Duh easy work around, make thunder rod state a global passive and only have it apply to actors.

Last edited:

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is that working as intended for you now then?

Icenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes! Thank you for narrowing down the problem. I just have the lightning rod state added via troop events for only the battles with the imps who can cast that runic redirect! This was very helpful :) Much appreciated.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Gameboy Tiles, Cure Writer's Block, Animations on Menu, Generate Tasks | RPG Maker News #40

How would you judge a game you played? Art/Graphics? Story? Gameplay?
Learn MV sales goal = 2%
NSFW game sales goal = 2500% (no jokes) :guffaw:
After gathering, sorting out & reconsidering hundreds of enemy battlers over the last two das, finally my favorite part begins: Inventing names and lore for them all :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonTonyPepperoni