deilin

Ranger/Elementalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Not really seeing a topic for this, but as with other maker, there doesn't really seem to be a way to secure files on deployment, except if you host online.

I use a lot of "Paid For" materials, and hate offering demos because the resources are not secure, and there are still many who would download demos just for taking resources (they do a lot on Steam Hub for Ace). Has anyone figured out a way to secure files yet?

jwideman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Not without a lot of work, but there's really no point. Assets will get ripped no matter what. Making it harder to do that will likely also make it harder to just play the game.

ETA: That said, there's a possible solution: http://www.enigmaprotector.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

gilgamar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In the game editor's help file (press F1) it shows how you can deploy the project as a single executable using the Enigma Virtual Box. Search the help file for the deployment section to learn how. Not sure how secure this is but I'm sure it is better than deploying the files in raw format where anyone can access them.

ロリ先輩

ロリだけど先輩だよ
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
In the game editor's help file (press F1) it shows how you can deploy the project as a single executable using the Enigma Virtual Box. Search the help file for the deployment section to learn how. Not sure how secure this is but I'm sure it is better than deploying the files in raw format where anyone can access them.

Enigma's free product only obsfucates files, and doesn't actually encrypt them. You'll want their paid product for encryption.

gilgamar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Enigma's free product only obsfucates files, and doesn't actually encrypt them. You'll want their paid product for encryption.

I figured there would still be a way to get the files even with the packaging tool but thanks for confirming it. There's always going to be someone who knows a way to get the files but at least if it's packaged it wont be so simple as copy from the directory.

Last edited by a moderator:

jwideman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's not even as simple as playing the game and taking screenshots or recording the audio.

Baerthe

Design Person
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
look for a wrapper program or write one yourself in C++/C# (or VisualC). Essentially what I am doing, since i have hand-crafted all my stuffs, is writing a wrapper to run the browser version of the game and read files from encrypted bin files using 7zips encryption system.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Azihayya wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
Magus avatar homey!
Getting back into the thick of work on Untold Story and it feels great to be back. I'm gonna take what I learned from the Game Jam and try and get some serious work done for the rest of 2021.
The "docs" are honestly soo frustrating. Eg. positionType : "Returns the current position type of the message window." Yes, great. could you please also tell me if 0 was bottom or top, so i don't have to start a playtest to see, because i keep forgetting it all the time, and what are the docs even for, if not that? (it's top btw...)

Here's the combat sprite of Azrael one of the main characters of our game,
with and without weapon.
Hope it's good.
https://discord.gg/Q2uS6Str
The one thing I've always struggled with is creating a story, it halts every single project I've ever worked on. We must be in the twilight zone because I've actually come up with a plot, from beginning to end (it kinda wrote itself). I may very well be on my way to creating my first proper little game, yay!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Napster