Misty

Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone,

Is there a way to secure my fonts and audio? I want to put them in some kind of secure file format if possible. 

Example:

View attachment 14827

Sincerely,

ZEFK

PS: I don't mean RAR or ZIP. I want to secure them, so not one can just simply copy it. I want to encrypt the files, but still have the exe able to access them. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Misty

Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
this is two script combo i just recently written...

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/28990-est-encrypter/

it encrypt your resource (graphic,sound,movie). and decrypt it at start of the game in the folder you 'choose' in target computer.

for example: C:/Windows/System32/ :D .

there's some protection to the path so it cannot be grabbed easily too.

no font support yet though.  i will think about adding it as feature in next update...

combo it with

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/28779-est-script-control/

to hide the encrypter scripts.

but wait for tomorrow for the EST - SCRIPT CONTROL. i will update it tonight. (currently at work).

next update will contain almost perfect protection from people tempering with your script AFTER decrypting it using decrypter.
if they change anything. the resulting decrypt will result in error.

be patient until tomorrow :D .

Misty

Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
this is two script combo i just recently written...

it encrypt your resource (graphic,sound,movie). and decrypt it at start of the game in the folder you 'choose' in target computer.

for example: C:/Windows/System32/ :D .

there's some protection to the path so it cannot be grabbed easily too.

no font support yet though.  i will think about adding it as feature in next update...

combo it with

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/28779-est-script-control/

to hide the encrypter scripts.

but wait for tomorrow for the EST - SCRIPT CONTROL. i will update it tonight. (currently at work).

next update will contain almost perfect protection from people tempering with your script AFTER decrypting it using decrypter.

if they change anything. the resulting decrypt will result in error.

be patient until tomorrow :D .
Thank you for your assistance. I will wait until tomorrow or longer.  :)

I have another question though, you seem to be an expert on encryption or file security. Is there more I can do to secure my file, even after this? Is there a way to confuse the decipher with a different file name? For instance, the name changes randomly when security is trying to be breached thwarting the decipher?

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
actually... the EST - SCRIPT CONTROL already updated...

but i change the name EST_CS2 - SCRIPT CONTROL

(collaboration scripts with caitsith2)

i'm not too expert myself. but i got a good friend which i collaborate recently (caitsith2) who's better security coder than i am... we together try to set our point of view as thief. and try opening the current encryption. if it work. then we switch back to guard mode. how to guard against that attack... and so on... and it's not easy protecting something in ruby... >.<. we hold in this area. another area could leak... like repairing a full of hole sinking ship >.<.

for default encryption by RPG maker... i guess we can only give up. since decrypter can open it with single click.

and we cannot change the Game.rgss3a without breaking the EULA to able to decrypt it back..

the script encryption that i and caitsith2 made (1.7 version that i currently uploading as i type). will fail to decrypt if anyone change

the scripts... there's also some advanced attack method too that we prevented. like hijacking certain method to hidden auto execute code. inserting code and deleting it quickly before detection. and so on.

of course it still can be cracked... but i assure you... i and caitsith2 already made something that's not so easy for even expert coder to crack... and we will keep updating it as necessary (we try to break i ourself again) :p .

btw if the script failed to decrypt... it will become scrambled character that not be able to read...

example:

%F&bv!M,K"/Kfj@ZYfZL\Ql/wnO[NObc2q#bqd_e5'iqA$4IZiwvX/    +PE=REAFx"    {b'G+~7iX20E8Zn1KjEYO~ZA9Ma}6/|QSj?>K*
@+r^9R_MXOw,4r,TDRgFxh7 s4C
/}@I`$a
%ySe]IXO]@rHdcCcz`    e7Ei#Wndv5<j\/#9>

this where EST - ENCRYPTER become LOTS more secure. because thief cannot see your path...

(will update EST - ENCRYPTER script again to be more secure against printing/puts/write/etc. i just got a way to do that trying to crack script control script)...

so if you put it in some path that the user cannot imagine... example: C:\Windows\System32\a\zlib\s\temp\swt\omg\wtf

and remove the extension for the generated file. it would be SUPER duper hard to search.

the problem with RPG maker is... we can encrypt sound/movie. but to play it... we MUST decrypt to a new location. and divert the path to the new location. IF only i can access RGSS3 hidden class... i might be able to make it play directly from encrypted files.

Misty

Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just to confirm:

You just updated the script control:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/28779-est-cs2-script-control/

And this is the encrypter:

Will this do the same with the fonts as it does with the audio/video?

Crediting:

1) Estriole
 2) Ocedic
 3) Tsukihime

Will crediting the 3 of you under "File Security" be okay or is there a specific category?

Also, here is a good security Idea for you. Making a script that disables "Screenshots/print screen or blurs it out." As well as a script that scrabbles outside audio/video recording. I'm not sure if it's possible, but it is a potential idea.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
font is not supported yet... still can't find where the font is cached...

and i planned on updating script control once more... (me and caitsith2 can already breach the current version :p )

also encrypter will have quite update too...

but i need time to test the new version... to make sure it don't break anything :p .

also i got busy IRL. there's goods for my store coming from delivery. need to finish coding them all so i can sell them.

yes you can add as File Security

Credit:

1) Estriole

2) Caitsith2

3) TDS
  4) Ocedic
  5) Tsukihime

because:

Estriole for both scripts... Caitsith2 and TDS for script control, Ocedic and Tsukihime for encrypter...

for your suggestion... i guess that's not possible.

because printscreen is from windows... we cannot hijack win32api just like that.

the best we can do is close the game after print screen button is pressed... but it's not fast enough... the image will still recorded by windows... (although it might slow the thief down because he need to restart the game again to capture another image). i might try this on encrypter script.

for sound... i don't know... i guess that's not possible. since i don't know what kind of program that record sound. there's could be many... and preventing all of them is basically imposible... sorry. >.<.

Misty

Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I thought that was the case. Also, when I was researching.....I found this script if it interests you. Might help improve security.

http://www.himeworks.com/2014/03/21/simple-audio-encryption/

-This script provides very simple audio encryption. It allows you to store audio files inside the rgss3a archive.

I will credit you guys/girls. Thank you for the security assistance.

Misty

Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
font is not supported yet... still can't find where the font is cached...

and i planned on updating script control once more... (me and caitsith2 can already breach the current version :p )

also encrypter will have quite update too...

but i need time to test the new version... to make sure it don't break anything :p .

also i got busy IRL. there's goods for my store coming from delivery. need to finish coding them all so i can sell them.

yes you can add as File Security

Credit:

1) Estriole

2) Caitsith2

3) TDS

4) Ocedic

5) Tsukihime

because:

Estriole for both scripts... Caitsith2 and TDS for script control, Ocedic and Tsukihime for encrypter...

for your suggestion... i guess that's not possible.

because printscreen is from windows... we cannot hijack win32api just like that.

the best we can do is close the game after print screen button is pressed... but it's not fast enough... the image will still recorded by windows... (although it might slow the thief down because he need to restart the game again to capture another image). i might try this on encrypter script.

for sound... i don't know... i guess that's not possible. since i don't know what kind of program that record sound. there's could be many... and preventing all of them is basically imposible... sorry. >.<.
Linux Issues:

Having a issue with the control script on Wine for Linux. 

The game opens, but the animated menu doesn't show and the game crashes when I try to start it or after some time has passed.

It works perfectly on windows. The problem might be because I can't run as Administrator with Wine. Not sure on that though, it might also be the resource encrypted.  I will do further testing in the morning, but hopefully there is a script that can help me with Linux. Normally Ace programs would work fine with Wine.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
need more info... first of all... i don't use linux... so i cannot test it. but if it's wine (emulated windows). it should work fine. (on theory)

1) what script that crash? script control / encrypter. try removing encrypter first. and see if it still crash....

since script control don't require administrator right... if it still crash......

the game crash from playtest from editor OR crash when opening game in game.exe ?? or both?

try the demo in wine. does it work or crash too. if it's crash... then it's the wine problem. but if it don't...

then there's might be some step wrong in executing the encryption. (you must not change any script after the playtest except changing true to false in config. but you must NOT add extra line break too. just change true -> false without adding / moving anything).

or just don't change the config to false at all... (it's optional so you can skip it)...

Misty

Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
need more info... first of all... i don't use linux... so i cannot test it. but if it's wine (emulated windows). it should work fine. (on theory)

1) what script that crash? script control / encrypter. try removing encrypter first. and see if it still crash....

since script control don't require administrator right... if it still crash......

the game crash from playtest from editor OR crash when opening game in game.exe ?? or both?

try the demo in wine. does it work or crash too. if it's crash... then it's the wine problem. but if it don't...

then there's might be some step wrong in executing the encryption. (you must not change any script after the playtest except changing true to false in config. but you must NOT add extra line break too. just change true -> false without adding / moving anything).

or just don't change the config to false at all... (it's optional so you can skip it)...
Changes/edits: (None)

I didn't make any changes to the script during this process except the changes required in the instructions.

Script control externally + encryter:

The script control externally in Wine the animated menu did not work correctly when using it with the encryter, Externally had around a 4 second lag before the splash screen in windows, but I think that is normal. In Linux there was no lag, but from what I can remember there was no splash screen and it was using the default menu display. Once I tried to go down to new game.....it crashed. Have not tried using the internal script method with the encryter

Encryter:

The encrypter did not work. The game started to run. The splash screen worked, animated menu worked for a 1-2 seconds, and then it crashed. I believe it is the "run as administrator." (This time I placed the scripts internally.)

EXE:

The game crashed from running from the game.exe. I use windows when working with RPG Maker Ace. I play tested in windows and I transfer it over to Linux.

Wine research:

From a little research on Wine I read that.....

1) The fact that Wine now defaults to 'emulating' Windows 2K by default,

rather than Windows 98; and

2) The fact that many Windows programs of a certain type, when they were

updated to work with Win2K from previous compatibility with Win98 (which

does not have an Administrator), began to require Administrator

privileges under 2K and higher to install.

Wine source:

http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-users/2005-September/018921.html 

Changing the version of windows didn't lead to a solution.

Previous version:

Is there a previous version of the encryter that doesn't need the "run as administrator?"

Other options:

1. I could try the script control internally this time and try externally again without the encryter. I know you asked this first, but I tested it again before reading your message. Sorry about that.

My thoughts:

I think it might be the "Run as administrator."

Edit:

The error occurs without the security scripts. I will go to my back up and double check....

Double check:

Now from double checking...it seems my game still doesn't work with wine. I will triple check Wine with one of my other games.

Triple check:

Wine works with my other games, but is having a error with this one. 

Well, I guess the error is occurring with Wine and my game. I don't believe the security scripts have anything to do with it, so I don't think my game will work with Wine for Linux or Wineskin with Mac. I don't know whats causing the issue, but things work just fine on windows.

Script test:

I guessing it might have to do with one of my scripts. I will test each script until I pinpoint the issue.

Scripts tested:

Seems the error still occurs even after testing each scripts. Keeps giving me a internal error when I try to start or move to new game.

I will test without the scripts and if the error still occurs, then there is something wrong with my games files most likely. I might have to transfer all the resources to a new game.

Without scripts:

Must be my game files. No reason it shouldn't work now. Unless it has something to do with the RPT, but I doubt it because my game.ini is not directed toward the RPT.

[Game]

Library=System\RGSS300.dll

Scripts=Data\Scripts.rvdata2

Title=The game title

Not only that, but it works just fine on window computers. I guess I should test with the RPT anyway.

Tested RPT:

The game files must be corrpted somehow. Nothing to do with the security script because I didn't have it in my back up. Transferring my resources to a new game should fix the error.

Product key code:

Back to security.  Are you going to implement a product key code feature in the future? For instance, a huge list of product keys for commercial products?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Helldivers is so much fun!
Suitemate: "Do you have detergent"
Me: "Ya, the spray kind"
Me: *realizes he said detergent, not deodorant*
Me: "Guess I'll die!"
If there's one thing I hate about myself, it's that I procrastinate. Ever since I started looking stuff up on how to properly balance and create armour, weapons and skills; I've let myself down in progress.
So I was at the dentist yesterday and she said,"I'm gonna propose to Dr. Anderson...(Then she paused as she thought what to say). And I said,"I think he is a little old for you." She laughed good naturedly. Then she jabbed sharp things in my mouth for the next 3 hours.
Update on my experiment with uploading my Android games to the Amazon app store: made about $45 in 2 months, but 0 sales for the past 3 weeks. Not sure its worth the effort.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otishorn