Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Resource Type: Tiles
Engine: MV
Art Style: FSM or close

I feel embarrassed to ask, but I am seeking basalt columns, or geological structures like Giants Causeway in Ireland. I feel like constructing these tiles would be above my level, so I'm asking for assistance in this endeavor. What I need is a cliff-like tile, with a floor surface of alternating column illusion. Additional tiles for B would be great, to scatter the basalt columns around to give an alternating depth to climb, or so that the cliff will not look so rigid.

Perfect example of what I am looking for is, Chiara's basalt columns, which are wonderful, but they are formatted for VX Ace. I haven't attempted to resize them yet, because I'm afraid that they would loose quality.

Example:
C0381525-Basalt_columns,_Reynisfjara,_Iceland.jpgCauseway-code_poet-4.jpgcolumns-Giants-Causeway-Northern-Ireland.jpgGiants_causeway_closeup.jpg

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh wow, if someone comes through w/ this, I'd be interested too! It's gorgeous (both irl pics and the VX tilesets lol).

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I had started it quite a while ago, but making cliffs from scratch in that size is not reeeeally the fastest thing to do.
The top is a massive MV edit, side is from scratch, so the terms are the same as for my MV resources in my thread. I guess for proper mapping you might want to edit a version with grass on top or other stuff, but I am very positive you can do that for yourself if you need it ;3
BasaltcolumnsAveryMV.png

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Avery, I don't know whether to squeal for joy or cry that you took up this resource request. Thank you so very much! The work is beautiful, and the additional detail you added for the basalt column sides is fantastic! Hahah! Certainly, I can handle a bit of editing for the grass and other little odds and ends. Again, thank you! With this, I can at last proceed with some maps I had in mind.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Guardinthena If/when you do end up editing it to accommodate for grass & etc...would you be down to share the tileset?

Also, thank you @Avery for the lovely basalt columns!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

FL Studio is a huge step up from LMMS but I'm having such a tough time with it D:<
The new Dune movie reminds me of the game Dune 2 made by Westwood. A quality product on its own, but extremely disloyal to its source of inspiration.
Terrible Writing Advice, you've done it again.
1635026211997.png
Feeling like my new profile picture is nice. Thinking of making it semi-permanent, does any one has an opinion? Does it look too evil or does it work as a public profile picture? :)
Bishiba.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3ddl