Seeking Help With Figuring Out How To Order Skills...

DragonRose35

Scaleything
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
...without having to rearrange them completely in the skill database?

And what I mean by this is...

Having skills-
upload_2018-10-18_15-46-21.png

-show up in a completely custom order that isn't at all the order set in the database.
upload_2018-10-18_15-46-33.png

Any ideas?

~ Dragon

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And what's the difference between arranging the order in database and arrangingthe order via plugin?
Anyway, the key lies in the method responsible for making items to draw. It's called makeItemList and it's located in Window_SkillList in rpg_windows.js

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Considering everything references the order in the database, you'd be better off just biting the bullet and reordering them. One suggestion though is to leave some gaps here and there so you have less to reorder later on (for example, I put a gap of 4 - 9 skills between skill types, in case some new skills got added late game).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was planning to release a useless plugin for april fools, but then I thought I let it be.
Tfw every dev around me is using Live2D in their MV games and make me question my skills repeatedly.

Spending the day reworking my maps, especially the first "biome". This time it's not even in the dark. :LZSwink:
Activity on the forums has increased lately, probably because of people staying home. The amount of work for moderators has increased lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lightburnz