Idiocracy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
ef46394a-6c51-417f-a092-7bd0e10d9d4f_zps8wiznbub.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Synopsis:
Seiya Revolts is a story that take place in a kingdom where the new king

is being manipulated by the minister. Not knowing any better due to his

young age, the new king follows the minister fully.

A revolution is being lead by a group of assassins known as Fox Night.

Fox Night aims to overthrow the king and along the way assassinate

any nobles who are committing vile acts. Fox Night's leader is the

notorious Seiya.

The main character is named, Tatsumi. Tatsumi at the age of 12,
was disowned by his father due to his inability to live up his father's standards.
No where left to turn to he begins his life on the streets. On the verge of starvation

he is saved by a girl named, Yona. From there, the both of them lived together

for 4 years. Then 2 months later, Yona is taken away by soldiers.

Tatsumi sets off on his adventure to rescue Yona.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Characters:

Tatsumi:

Weapon of Choice: Unarmed/Father's Memento

b027a88e-7fc8-4394-b90f-a4f81cf0396b_zpsbhhtnmrx.png

Cero:

Class: Ranger

Weapon of Choice: Pistol: Type 26

e256324b-9a59-4397-81c1-a3bf5c44d97f_zpsr3wceizv.png

Machi:

Class: Paladin

Weapon of Choice: Guardian Sword

ddc2014b-cb28-44c2-a237-f23ff7c64170_zpskdilstg6.png

*more to be introduced*

Demo

http://www.mediafire.com/download/v932pr8p6f73vz6/Seiya+Revolts.exe

*Notice*

You may pause and unpause the game using the alt key.

Screenshots:

Map106_zpsx74rmlx7.png

Map092_zpssihm4dt4.png

Map033_zps8dqjlmvv.png

BattleSystem_zpst9gmsamq.png

Map022_zpsdmg7wlj0.png

Credits:
--------------------------------------------------------
▼General
Enterbrain

▼Scripts
Yanfly
V.M of D.T
MogHunter
TheoAllen
Hime Works

▼Graphics
Macks
Lunarea
Liberty
Whitecat
Milano Cat
Closet
First Seed Material
Momope
Kaduki
Tabi's Hut: (http://www.k3.dion.ne.jp/~toraneko/)
Pineda
Antares
Amysaurus
Kes

▼Music
JSterwart
JDBArtist

▼Notice
If you believe I have not creditted a person, please
inform me and I will be sure to credit them.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlissAuthority

Dang, it feels good to be a Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Downloading to test.

You should probably look into a prereader/copyeditor; there are a number of grammatical errors in your intro.  I can point these and any I find in the game out to you via PM, if you'd like.

So, political fantasy?  Neat.  Not may people go that route.  I'll let you know what I think of how you implemented it.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Downloaded and played it today. Has promise, but needs a lot of work, at least the demo part. I'll put it in the spoiler tag to make it easier to read later. I wrote most of it as I went along, so it will echo what I was thinking at the time.

First of all, I start out right away on a bridge. No explanation, nothing, just on a bridge. I wasn't even expecting to be in control. Maybe a little intro text to explain that to the player would be helpful. For that matter, who is Chad. Why do I need to fight him? Why does he attack me? Why can't I retreat? Why can't I just run past him?

Speaking of the Chad fight, giving an opponent an ability that can stun you when you are fighting 1 on 1 feels cheap and is likely to tick off your players. Especially if this is the first fight. I'd remove the bodyslam ability if I were you. Though, if you have continue on loss checked (I didn't lose, so no idea) then it will not matter too much.

So I was taken to a cell, found the lockpicks, and picked my way out. First thing I notice is there is no way to save my game. I can't access it in the menu, and you provided no save spot. Ok, so I continue on. No dashing allowed either. That is a great way to tick off your players, as few want to plod across map after map after map. Granted, it is a cell, and we are trying to sneak some, but I'd rethink the no dash if I were you. This is especially true if you require backtracking at any point. At least the maps are small, so it didn't bother me too much, but I know other players on here that will hate having dash disabled.

Nothing to interact with on the maps at all. At all. There is plenty of opportunity to allow the player to interact with and find things. What are those papers doing on the table for instance? You might want to allow the player to interact with the items, otherwise you are training the player to not try to interact with your objects as nothing will happen. This can frustrate the player later on if you do decide to hide something in a dresser or something, as then you created the situation of "Why did the last 99 dressers have nothing at all, but this one did?"

I try to go out the door before fighting the guard, the door is locked. But, I still have a lockpick, so why can't I pick that door? You might want to address that situation somehow. One solution is to give you one lockpick instead of two, another is to let the player pick it, but fail. Or, you could have it be that picking it attracts the attention of the guard, who attacks you still! Just throwing out some ideas to help you.

Made it through the door. The bartender gives me 3 pieces of meat. Why is there a bar in a prison? Did I make my way out of there and not know it? Might want to explain that to the player. As it is, I was just confused.

Made it to the next room now, had to play beat up the guard, get a key, open the next door. I get that you want a few battles, but why not change the doors to guard checkpoints that you have to fight? That would eliminate the need for me to just happen to touch the guard, then get the key. Speaking of which, why don't the guards chase me first? Why do they wait for me to walk up to them and attack? You can fix the first by setting the guards to move route, approach, and they will chase after you (maybe set movement speed to 3, frequency to 5. That way they are about as fast as the player without dashing. Some trial and error might be needed to hit the sweet spot).

Got all the way through, just to run into Chad, who said something about taking me to the boss, then just attacked? I'm confused. Is he the boss? And why is he attacking me for 200+ damage? That is more than I can heal at this point, and more than I do to him. As a result I lost the battle, and since I never found a chance to save I had to quit here, especially as I was *not* plodding my way back to that fight from the very beginning of the game, as you never gave me a chance to save anywhere!

My suggestion: Tone down the Chad fight! Both of them! No one will find it fair or fun to fight an opponent that does more damage than you do, and if you stop to heal he does more damage than you heal (I could heal for 200, but he does 230, so healing was a losing proposition). I could understand it if you make it so the player can continue if they lose, but since you didn't I have to wonder how you ever won those battles.

Also, add some save points, somewhere. If you don't want to do that, at least look into an autosave script. You can set it to only autosave when you call it, which would save the player some frustration. For instance, an autosave when tossed in the cell, and shortly before the Chad fight would be nice.

One last thing: What is the point of the Tackle skill? It does about 120 damage when I use it, but my normal attack does 100 damage twice (200 total). As such I never used tackle once I realized it only hit once. Might want to power that up, or make it hit 2x as well to make it worth using.

Overall, I would say the maps looked decent, but the game felt too unfair to be fun to me, especially the Chad fight. Also, I would like to know a little more of what is going on. Why was I tossed in a cell? If the character doesn't even know, then why doesn't he at least comment on it? Even games where you start with no memory usually at least have the player comment on it.

Hope these suggestions help you in improving the game some. I'd be more than happy to try an updated demo in a month or two as I am curious how you handle political intrigue, and the topic does sound interesting.
Hope that helps some! I will admit I was really ticked after that second Chad fight at having to start the entire game over, so hopefully this doesn't come across as too harsh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Idiocracy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@bgillisp
Thank you for the feedback. I will address each of your short paragraphs.

1) The demo starts when the main character is an adult. The demo leaves out his past life as a kid and teen. I will admit that I just threw the player into the game.

2)Yes, the bodyslam skill Chad uses is just annoying(I will most likely take it out). Win or lose, the outcome will be the same.

3)I believed that I had butterflies setup on some maps(if not I am so sorry) that would be save points. I turned off sprint for the demo and it will be fixed.

4)Your point is completely true and it will be addressed.

5)Lockpicks were meant to be implemented into other/certain locked objects. Yes, I should have only put 1 lockpick. Those are both good ideas and provide good insight.

6)I didn't try to make it seem like a bar but more of just a cafeteria for guards. (like as if they swap shifts or are on break)

7)I fixed all of the maps, condensed wasted space and added the approach player route for aggressive encounters(such as the guards)

8+9)Here is my fault. This Chad fight should have been continued on loss. Chad isn't the boss but is the boss' right hand man as to say. Also there should have been

a butterfly savepoint.(as stated before if there wasn't its my fault)

10)At the time of this demo I had not played around with too many scripts. Scripts have however been included by the time of this posting.

Additional Info: The classes at this demo's stage were just default fillers. Chad is frustrating, I agree. Again, I merely threw the player into the main character's adult life; leaving out his past.(in the demo) The main character's past will be able to help the player understand and explain this situation.

• All classes (at the time of this posting) have been added, revamped, and fixed.
  • New Battle System has been implemented.
You didn't come off as harsh at all. It was really informative reading your response so once again, Thank you.

A newer version will be released once I stitch together the main character's past.

I'm sorry, if you and/or anyone else thought there was a political aspect. Since the title included "revolt" I can understand why.

I will finish by stating that this game is intended to be a Fantasy/Rpg.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sounds like good fixes there! I'll have to give it another try in a few weeks and see how it is coming along. That cafeteria makes sense, why didn't I think of that?

If you do intend to later apply more with the lockpicks (like picking someone else's cell door), I'd keep it then, and just maybe have it break on that door that needs a key, or have him fail and say I need to find a key, this one is too tough for me to pick. Then it would make sense.

You might have had butterflies, but I didn't know those were the save points so missed them. Maybe explain to the character about that at some point?

Glad to hear it helped some. Sometimes it takes a second set of eyes to see things we don't notice. Many of the bugs/quicks in my game I never noticed until a couple played it picked those apart. We have to learn somehow.

I'll check back in a while for an updated demo, trying to get my game demo worthy in the next month so free time will be limited.

Idiocracy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
New screenshots have been added!

The current demo dl link is not up to date with the new screens. A newer version will be released 'hopefully' late April.

Game Changes:

-New battle system

-New tileset used

-New sprites/faces

more to be mentioned later.

Nanaki_Fan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey this looks interesting!

I got half a day off tomorrow so I am going to test this. I like the new screenshots!

-N-

Idiocracy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Demo has been released as of today. If you notice any bugs/glitches please inform me via msg or here.

Due to finals slowly approaching around the corner it will take much more time in order to continue working

on this project.

Please let me know how you felt about this demo.

All feedback is appreciated and will be taken into account.

(For those who have played the very 1st demo release, I will say that this demo doesn't connect to it yet.)

Miss Nile

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Egyptian Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really like the story, mapping and art of the game. ^^ It does look to have potential and a lot of effort seems to be put into it. ^^ Unfortunately, I can't try the demo as I am too busy myself with exams and all but I'll put it on my list. Hope to see more of it. :) ) And good luck on your finals. :D

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Plans for vacation? Maybe I'll go visit
Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu
I_got_lonely.jpg
So I was working with the save system (yes I'm going to at least use RM's save system, I'm not a total monster)... And I realized I was lonely so I brought along some friends to test stuff out. :LZSexcite:
1653529725808.png
>Wake up in the night
>Can't sleep
>Draw little freak
>Come up with pancake based puns for attacks
>Back to bed
UHHHHH. What is this and how did someone find my game on here? 1653527395160.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillianAxe