SEK_ChangeActor

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by SEK, Jun 19, 2016.

1. SEK

SEK Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    SEK_ChangeActor - v 1.0
    By SEK
    Introduction

Adds the possibility to change an actor with a not fighting one, jumping your turn.

Features
    -Change actor in battle.
    -Show animation on actor change.
    -Lock actors that you don't want to be changed.

-Compatibility with DoubleX RMMV Popularized ATB Core

Plugin Commands:

• ac on Activates the command
    • ac off Deactivates the command

• ac showon Shows an animation when you change an actor
    • ac showoff Doesn't show an animation when you change an actor

• ac show x Sets the animation to x

• ac lockon x    Lock actor x in battle, you won't be able to change it
    • ac lockoff x    Removes the lock on actor x

Screenshots/Video

How it looks like

First Selection

1.jpg

Second Selection

2.jpg

Animation on change

3.jpg

Actor Change with lock on 1, 2 and 4

4.png

How to Use
    Plug & Play

Demo
    Not needed

Plugin
    Right click here to save the plugin

Credit and Thanks
    - SEK

- Harken_W (for the lock idea)

Author's Notes
    Even if I try my best, I might not be able to help with issues.
    You are free to use this plugin. If you do use it, I'd like to have my name and my plugin's name included in credits.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2017
    DoubleX, M.I.A., Harken_W and 3 others like this.
  2. Harken_W

Harken_W Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    This is just the plugin I was after! It works perfectly.

Is there any way to lock an actor? Even if it's just locking Actor 1. As they will be the main character I don't want them to be interchangeable. 

3. iloveouties

iloveouties Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I love this plugin! This is a work of genius. <3 A few things:

I have tried turning off all my plugins, and made a new project with only the culprit being DoubleX RMMV Popularized ATB Core

[​IMG]

1) As I said, I use DoubleX's ATB plugin, and when you press "Change" it lets the player have a turn, which makes everything pretty messy (see YouTube video). I'm wondering if you could add compatibility by adding a plugin option of either the menu being disabled until turns are spent, or the menu taking priority over everything and disabling other menus until "change" is completed (like it's suppose to work).

2) Could you also add an option to have the "change" command be apart of the "Fight" list? For example, it'll be where the Attack/Magic/Guard/Item/etc commands are.

3) Finally, I think the player skipping a turn should be made into an option. Could also turn on/off turn skipping when using certain skills. I.E.: Player casts a spell called "defend all" and in addition to blocking everyone's damage, it disables the turn skipping upon using "Change" the next turn. Or, it's seen as a "Last action" before they swap out, like they buff everyone and then swap out with a different character. Just a thought.

Once again, this plugin is amazing and thank you for making it! Sorry for the long post, but I just wanted to say how much I appreciate your work. <3

4. SEK

SEK Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    I'm making my own site, I already solved this problem (at least, it should be solved) and I tried to add those features. I'll upload the new version asap. for the moment this plugin now includes a temp. fix.

iloveouties likes this.
  5. iloveouties

First Language:
    English

Hey, thanks for the update! Super fast reply, I appreciate that! Unfortunately, a couple of somewhat gamebreaking issues arose:

When you hit "change" it empties all AP bars and they have to refill, and anybody who is about to spend a turn will lose their turn instead.

This issue is replicatable in a new project, with only these 2 plugins enabled:

[​IMG]

Also, what does setting this option to true do? It doesn't seem to affect anything in game:

[​IMG]

Apologies if you already knew about all this and if this is all going to be fixed anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2017
    SEK likes this.
  6. SEK

SEK Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Yeah,  that's why it is temporary lol

Since I don't have much time to do it, could you check if this version works fine? sorry if I ask you to do the dirty work :/

Right click to save

iloveouties likes this.
  7. iloveouties

First Language:
    English
    Thanks again! I'm fine with the dirty work.

[​IMG]

Here are the settings, but the result is still exactly the same: 

8. SEK

SEK Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Yeah, my fault, I forgot to add "-temp" in the name inside the plugin, download it now from the same link, it should work

P.S.

Wow, amazing connection! You upload videos on YouTube so fast :o

9. iloveouties

First Language:
    English
    Alright, so while I was testing, the only glitch I managed to find was this one: 

When you back out of a menu after changing, the character changes back to the previous one it was on.

Everything else works fine, as far as I can tell. Appreciate all your efforts! <3

Edit: Oof, this is actually pretty noticeable when "Change from actor command window" is set to false.

[​IMG]

This is my connection, but to be honest probably has nothing to do with it since OBS has some really good compression options.

10. SEK

SEK Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    That's not a glitch, it's the turn skipping:

if you could go back after changing character, you would be able to attack with him, and that means he could also be able to attack (no turn skip that causes a bug. I'll fix that too, when I can)

Saw that problem when using pATB, solved and uploaded :)

5938089971.png

Man, I use OBS and then I have to compress videos again using "convert" from VLC's menu.

11. iloveouties

First Language:
    English

Yeah, the only bad part was changing + backing out of the menu, which was basically wasting a turn for no reason.

It works perfectly! I'll post again if I find something wrong down the line. You are a miracle worker, I am amazed that you were able to do all of this so fast.

I am so sorry to hear this, you deserve better! I hope eventually you get something better for a low cost. Those numbers and that ping is harsh! Are you using an ethernet cable? I use a Cat7 100ft (30 meter cable) from Monoprice.

SEK likes this.
  12. Adorkbutt

Adorkbutt Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm wondering if you could add an option to put "change" above the "item" command? (You know, when the option "Change from actor command window" is selected). I tried looking in the plugin myself, and I have no idea how I'd do this, sorry.

13. SEK

SEK Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Look, this is a wrong solution (I changed something at line 156) because with this, the method adding commands is overridden and this may cause incompatibility with other plugins adding commands.
    However, if it's not a problem, you can use this :)

Attached Files:

Adorkbutt likes this.