cuby

Perpetual Toil
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When using "Select Item", only items are available in the list. Many times, it's necessary to have an item that also happens to be a weapon or armor, but currently there's no way to list a player's entire inventory, and not simply items.

There were a few scripts for VXAce that did this, but after a pretty exhaustive search I don't see any MV plugins with this functionality.

Seems like such an odd restriction, and also quite strange that it doesn't seem to have come up as an MV request yet! Anyone who could whip this one up would be a dreamy sort indeed  :D

IdarG

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can't this be done with a regular menu script like Galv's Menu Themes and common events??

cuby

Perpetual Toil
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can't this be done with a regular menu script like Galv's Menu Themes and common events??

I think you're referring to a player choosing an item from the in-game menu system. Or am I misunderstanding?

Actually I meant the "Select Item" feature in the event editor, where you prompt the player to choose an item for an event. In VXAce it used to be called "Select Key Item" which was even more restrictive, but there were a few scripts that let you display a player's entire inventory when prompted to select an item, rather than just the things in their "item" category.

For example I have a "Scissors" item, which the player needs to choose from "Select Item" in order to cut things. But I'd also like for it to be wieldable as a weapon. Right now, RMMV won't let me do that. I've experimented with workarounds but they're all very, very kludgy. Hoping that one of the authors of a VXAce expanded "Select Item" script might see through to putting together an MV version  :D

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Good grief am I ever so dusty on music creation. Never move, gentleman and ladies!
After waiting for several months to observe the results of vaccines, I finally decided to go for Comirnaty, because now my job needs me to either be vaccinated or take a regular testing every 2 weeks(240 HKD per test), and it seems to me that Comirnaty is safe enough in my case :)
So, to create multiple faces one needs to first export, then import, over and over... who came up with this weird mechanism...
Away from home now since it reduce COVID spread
I hate doing voice over videos but people said they like hearing about the details.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raigonex05