Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Select Item Plus
by Dahlys

Introduction and Features

Used the Select Item command and don't know what else to do but check it's id? Check if:
  • It's name includes Herb, i.e. Power Herb
  • It's a regular, key, hidden A or hidden B item (in case you forgot)
  • It's consumable
  • If it has an element
  • If it's worth more/less/equal to a certain price
  • If it belongs to a certain category --> note: <menu category: food>

Select Items not enough? Somehow dumped a weapon/armor id into a variable instead? Check if:
  • The weapon type is e.g. Sword
  • The weapon is worth more/less/equal to a certain price
  • The weapon's parameter (e.g. atk) is more/less/equal to a value
  • The weapon's element is e.g. Fire
  • The equip type is a shield/head/body/accessory
  • The armor type is heavy/light
  • The armor is worth more/less/equal to a certain price
  • The armor's parameter (e.g. def) is more/less/equal to a value
This is useful if e.g. you want to give food to an event and need to check if what the player selected was even food at all, but your food item ids are all over the place! Then, as long as you add the right menu category into the note box, the selected item can be identified as food.

Or maybe, an event asks you for an item worth more than 1000G and lets you choose what to show them. The plugin makes it very easy to check such things.

To save an npc from certain death, you need to select and give them an armor with def more than 100...

How to Use

Download Here

Put .js file into plugins folder. Read help for instructions.

Please reply to this post if you need to dig up any more stuff from Select Item.

Terms of Use

I don't actually care about this one. Use it however. Anything but repost under your own name.

Author Notes

Another utility plugin that popped out while I was working on my game... Also see Universal Remote Control.

Last edited:

satoshi1101

A man who eats eggs and watermelon together
Reaction score
First Language
SuperJapanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hi.

<menu category: food>

I added it to a note box, but selecting an item will display an error and not as expected. . Would you show me an example in the event editor how to do it?

dahlys

Meatbun
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Things to watch out for are: 1) It's best to keep your capital letters consistent e.g. food and Food; 2) Make sure there are quotation marks around 'food' in the script call.

Temporary is Variable 5 here.

Multiple Categories:

Last edited:

satoshi1101

Reaction score
First Language
SuperJapanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Apparently the distinction between capital letters was wrong Thank you But the other problem is that if you deselect the item selection on the way (x button) an error will occur.Apparently the distinction between capital letters was wrong Thank you But the other problem is that if you deselect the item selection on the way (x button) an error will occur.

satoshi1101

Reaction score
First Language
SuperJapanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV

dahlys

Meatbun
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's a bug. I am fixing it.

EDIT: Done fixing. Just updated github with a working version. Please download the .js file again and replace the old one. Thanks for bringing it up!

Last edited:

satoshi1101

Reaction score
First Language
SuperJapanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It worked fine! I am glad that the problem was solved. It seems to be late but thank you for a nice plugin. Thank you very much for helping me.

userlame

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The Item category part is not compatible with YEP ItemCore, which is a big bummer since you basically need this plugin to select independent items. Still works with item names, but the category thing is soo nice.

DragonSkills99

技術的な神
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice Plugin but sadly I had to edit it, cause it only read the ID from the var but I've another Plugin creating SelfVars (YEP_SelfSwVar) and the ID is written in such. Your Plugin can't read those SelfVars so I had to create an additional Select.ItemCategoryDirect method which accepts directly the Item ID. But anything else was written just perfectly so.

Thank you.

Greetings
DragonSkills99

PS: @dahlys I won't upload the code somewhere cause it's you plugin and that lil' changes won't give me the right to, but if wan't the code I could send it to you. Just mail me, the address is on the website in my Profile.

Hahasea

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Dahlys,

Not sure if you're still monitoring this thread, but worth a try. This plugin seems like what I'm looking for, but I'm having a bit of trouble getting it to do what I need (I'm a relative beginner, so excuse me if these are stupid questions).

What I want to do is create a selection menu for a gardening system - so select from the current seeds you have in your inventory, and then harvest the corresponding plant. I have the following:

If : Script : Select.ItemCategory(5,'Seeds')

(5 is my temporary variable), however the menu doesn't appear. Any advice?

Also wondering how you'd go about creating an ID for the selected item, so that it can be referenced in a plant harvesting event?

Thanks!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Hahasea you didn't give enough info to even guess what the cause could be, and your question indicate that you didn't really understand how it works anyway.
how you'd go about creating an ID for the selected item, so that it can be referenced in a plant harvesting event?
you never create an ID, the ID is the number the item gets in the database automatically, and the plugin will place the ID of the selected item into the variable.

does the player have the seeds in inventory at the moment of the script call? can you give screenshots of the seed items from the database?
Do you have any other plugins that might disable this one? As someone mentioned above the yanfly item core is incompatible, but there might be others

Hahasea

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Hahasea you didn't give enough info to even guess what the cause could be, and your question indicate that you didn't really understand how it works anyway.

you never create an ID, the ID is the number the item gets in the database automatically, and the plugin will place the ID of the selected item into the variable.

does the player have the seeds in inventory at the moment of the script call? can you give screenshots of the seed items from the database?
Do you have any other plugins that might disable this one? As someone mentioned above the yanfly item core is incompatible, but there might be others
Thanks for the condescending response. I'm out.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

buinguyenhoangtho wrote on fizzly's profile.
Hello @fizzly, i would like to use your asset/ resource for my project ( is maybe commercial ). May i have your permission? Thanks you !
Working on breaking the limits of RPGMaker! :cool:
I have 470+ hours on RMMV but have only made a demo game, is this normal? :kaoswt: (I lose motivation a lot plus I use a 32gb laptop, so..)
I like Iron Maiden.
Benku wrote on Magnus0808's profile.
Hey man you helped me out a long time ago with a plugin i was wondering if you can help me out one more time since its literally the last thing i need help with if not is cool but id figured id ask you one more soild.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AphoticAmaranth