Select Multiple Targets, v3.0 - Select Multiple Different Targets and divide Damage between Targets

ST0RMTiger

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
SelectMultipleTargets (modification) v3.0
Zevia | ST0RMTiger

Introduction
This is an extension of original Script of Zevia.
It is fully compatible and just adds a handful options to it.

Features
1) Being able to create a skill to target multiple targets but each target only one time
2) Optional dividing damage / positive Effects of the skill among all selected targets (3 different options)

All settings are defined for each skill individually in the skill database. So you are free to choose any option for each skill and create a lot of different reacting skills!

How to Use
To install the plugin just copy it to the /js/plugins folder of your project and import it in the plugin manager. If you replace Zevia's original plugin just overwrite the js file. There is no need to import the plugin again if you have the original already imported.

Plugin Commands / Script Calls
There are four different tags that can be set in the skill database:

<multipleTargets: x>
(replace x with the maximum number of targets that you want your skill to be able to be casted on)

This tag has the same functionality as in the original plugin. When the corresponding skill is chosen in battle, player can choose up to x targets that are attacked with this skill in the same round. Targets can also be the same!

<multipleDifferentTargets: x>
(replace x with the maximum number of targets that you want your skill to be able to be casted on)

This tag lets the player choose up to x targets that are attacked with this skill in the same round. Targets cannot be chosen twice! If chosen second time, the target selection is closed and the attack is conducted. This way, there is the posibility to choose e.g. 2 out of 3 targets and each target is hit only one time, even if x is set to something like 4 or higher.

This tag will be interpreted prior to <multipleTargets: x> if this tag would be also present in the same skill (which is not neccesary).

<mTMalusFactor: x>
(replace x with a number, e.g. 1.5 to define the damage reduction factor used in the calculations.)

See below.

<multipleTargetsMalusType: type>
(replace Type by ONCE or LINEAR or EXPONENTIAL to define the type of damage calculation)

ONCE

The damage (or positive effect) of the original attack will be divided through mTMalusFactor and all selected targets will be damaged with this resulting value (no matter how many targets have been selected).

LINEAR
The damage of the original attack will be spread evenly above all selected targets. E.g. if 3 targets are selected, the damage will be 1/3 of the original attacks damage. The total damage to all targets is therefore equal to the damage of the original attack. (LINEAR damage types do not require the "mTMalusFactor")

EXPONENTIAL
reduces damage (or positive effect power) by formula
"new damage = damage / (mTMalusFactor^(number of targets-1))"

This is the most interesting function as it introduces some nice "secrets" about best usage of your skill. If chosen factor 1.5 for example, the total damage increases wich each additional target up to an amount of 3 targets. Selecting 4 Targets reduces the total damage and selecting more than 5 targets will reduce total damage below original attacks strength.

So there is a kind of "perfect" number of enemies to target, if targeting one strong enemy to get rid of it as soon as possible is not even better ;). Choose different values and add a lot of learning to the game to be a perfect fighter.

Here are some graphics about value settings resulting into damage and total damage.
linear type damage.PNG
exponential type damage factor 1.2.PNG
exponential type damage.PNG
exponential type damage factor 2.PNG
exponential type damage factor 3.PNG

Demo
I have created a demo project where you will be teached everything :) You should to do something similar in your game when you teach the player to attack multiple Targets.

Download
https://www.st0rmnet.de/downloads/SelectMultipleTargets v3.0 - Example Project.zip

Terms and Credits
This plugin may be used in every rpgmaker project, even in commercial and adult-themed games.
We do not offer any warranty.
You have to credit both Zevia and ST0RMTiger.

If modifying the plugin or using parts of it, you have to keep the descriptions, the authors and the licence conditions.

Hoping that you enjoy it!

I will help you if i can. Just ask :)

Best wishes,
ST0RMTiger

Ravenith

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
Kudos for the graphs, you really went the extra mile.

ST0RMTiger

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you! Glad to hear that. I enjoy it, if something can be helpful!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Been sick with a stomach virus for seven days now. Not going to work tomorrow because I'm still contagious according to my doctor.
Much as I love my job, I really hate playing "office politics". It would be nice if I didn't have to pretend to be someone else all day long.
I wanna get back into showing off Battlers and other assets I create again. But i'm always haunted by the "It's not good/realistic enough" voices that keep me from doing so.

Maybe I should get back to it, I did enjoy showing off whatever I came up with!
Big Google Warning Today for chrome users - apparently some kind of security threat has happened and everyone is being advised to update their Chrome browser ASAP by going to settings and/or "About Google Chrome", to update their browser version to a new one just released.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skull8