Select party member to attack instead of using agility turn order

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by sutorumie, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sutorumie

sutorumie I'm a whimsical girl. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    In the normal battle system, you're forced to use whatever party member is next in the turn order (based on agility, I believe). I want to select which party member I attack as, and have the option to back out and choose someone else if I want to. I don't want to follow a turn order, I want to pick the party member I want to attack, have their action play out immediately, then pick the next actor, whose action will play out immediately, repeat for all four members, then the enemies attack (doesn't matter what order the enemies attack in, could be left default I guess).

To be more specific; I'd like there to be a menu BEFORE the action select menu (where it says Attack/Magic/Guard/Item on the left and has the names of the party members on the right) that lets me select a party member from the menu on the right. That actor will be the one who acts, unless I decide to back out and choose someone else.

I hope this is clear enough? I'm using Yanfly's battle core with an ITB plugin

2. Doktor_Q

Doktor_Q I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This came up in another thread here, where I posted my personal solution, along with a small plugin I wrote to make it cleaner. Rather than trying to use ITB, I found it was easier to use DTB, make all of the player's skills into Instant Actions, and use a state to "stun" them for one turn after acting. Once all players have been "stunned" (used up their action), the turn starts and the enemies can move.

sutorumie likes this.
  3. sutorumie

sutorumie I'm a whimsical girl. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry this took me so long to respond to--computer problems and such...

Anyway, this works perfectly ! Thank you so much <3

4. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.