sutorumie

I'm a whimsical girl.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the normal battle system, you're forced to use whatever party member is next in the turn order (based on agility, I believe). I want to select which party member I attack as, and have the option to back out and choose someone else if I want to. I don't want to follow a turn order, I want to pick the party member I want to attack, have their action play out immediately, then pick the next actor, whose action will play out immediately, repeat for all four members, then the enemies attack (doesn't matter what order the enemies attack in, could be left default I guess).

To be more specific; I'd like there to be a menu BEFORE the action select menu (where it says Attack/Magic/Guard/Item on the left and has the names of the party members on the right) that lets me select a party member from the menu on the right. That actor will be the one who acts, unless I decide to back out and choose someone else.

I hope this is clear enough? I'm using Yanfly's battle core with an ITB plugin

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This came up in another thread here, where I posted my personal solution, along with a small plugin I wrote to make it cleaner. Rather than trying to use ITB, I found it was easier to use DTB, make all of the player's skills into Instant Actions, and use a state to "stun" them for one turn after acting. Once all players have been "stunned" (used up their action), the turn starts and the enemies can move.

sutorumie

I'm a whimsical girl.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry this took me so long to respond to--computer problems and such...

Anyway, this works perfectly ! Thank you so much <3

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I wrote a script everything worked fine until IDs and Names weren't being stored/called proper.. Turns out I used ' j ' instead of ' i ' for grabbing array element. 2 days of bug testing and rewriting to overlook a single little letter. I'm changing my default loop variables. Any recommendations? Maybe n & m? Kidding lol.
5 months and no progression at all, i love me.
1.6 update incoming with quality breakthrough! :kaoluv:

1643254634071.png
I might try the mechanical bull at the fair on Friday... for one of the challenges, if you stay on for two minutes, you win $200. I might give that a try and see if I win--I'm pretty good at holding on to things.
Remaking a more streamlined version of my Remote Move map skill in MZ, just one switch and one variable to handle everything. If you seen the Move skill in Golden Sun before, moving far away items with your mind is pretty cool

MZtestRemoteMove.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alcour