N/A
What is wrong in this code?

* @param Movies
* @desc Select a movie
* @Default
* @require 1
* @dir movies/test/
* @type file[]

It brings me to a random image folder images selection instead of listing movies files.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Confirmed! Regardless of whether the movies/test folder exists, the Plugin Manager tries to select files from img/animations. Using @dir movies demonstrates that the movies folder itself is not recognised in this context (it shows a list of img subfolders). I checked the release announcement on the new parameter features and it seems to be intentional? :kaoswt2:
This directive will create the editor for specifying an image resource or an audio resource.

As an alternative you could use @type text[] and ask users to type in the filename manually, though that's obviously not as convenient... :kaoslp:

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately movies aren't supported by the plugin manager. I did some testing, and it looks like the entire movies folder is copied over even if you select "exclude unused assets" and the movies aren't referenced anywhere, so the whole @require mechanism is probably not needed and you can just use @type text. It's a bit less convenient to have to type in the filename, true, but it doesn't look like there's another option.

KravenarGames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Unfortunately movies aren't supported by the plugin manager. I did some testing, and it looks like the entire movies folder is copied over even if you select "exclude unused assets" and the movies aren't referenced anywhere, so the whole @require mechanism is probably not needed and you can just use @type text. It's a bit less convenient to have to type in the filename, true, but it doesn't look like there's another option.
Nope, it exports only the main movies folder, but not the subfolder if I check the "exclude unused assets" ... any workaround? and using @type:text seems to not do the trick. :(

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is entirely hypothetical and probably won't work, but maybe it's worth a try...

Code:
@requiredAssets movies/test
Try both with and without a trailing /

KravenarGames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is entirely hypothetical and probably won't work, but maybe it's worth a try...

Code:
@requiredAssets movies/test
Try both with and without a trailing /
Puttin em on a random line?

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It needs to go in your help comment, the same place you put @param declarations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm sure this question's been asked before, but I can't find an answer: is there any way to run the Steam version of RPGMaker *without* being logged into Steam? It's a frustrating extra step sometimes.
Been seeing bright flashes in the sky for a while, and thought it was my eyes playing tricks on me. Nope! Lightning. Now it's raining heavily. Seeing lightning, but not hearing thunder, is weird.
Small Update for myself:
>Two Dungeon maps are done, Dungeon 3 is in progress. Dungeon 4 needs work.
>4 characters set up out of a possible 6 but those come later.
>Hub area needs work.
>Game completion..., 20-25% maybe?
Does anyone else find writing dialogue hard?
You guys want more tutorials? Well not only are we doing new video tutorials with Driftwood, we've also brought in two contributing authors for the blog to get a new tutorial every week! First one here from @Avery
https://blog.rpgmakerweb.com/tutorials/tutorial-mapping-interior/

Next week we'll get something from @hiddenone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ighjku