lubu15

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey all. So I recently had a major win with my game in terms of implementing a character creation system (yippee) and figured I would ride this high and try and get another step closer to making my dream game.

That being said, I know I am nowhere near skilled enough In Javascript yet to do this part myself.

In my game, I was wanting to implement a dialogue system where the relationship points you build with an NPC are specific ONLY to that NPC, and are handled completely from within the script with that NPC

To illustrate

Say in normal RPG Maker MV. You can create a variable called relationship with NPC 1, then within the conversation with NPC 1 you can add or subtract a value from relationship with NPC 1, and then call on where that value is sitting in order to make certain things happen.

The problem I have with this default system is if one town has like 40 -50 NPC's then that's like 40 -50 variables, which over time along with everything else can take up a lot of space.

Honestly, I read somewhere that "if you're using that many variables you're not making use of Javascript properly" and if that is the case then yeah, I am definitely not using it properly.

So in my head, an alternative would be some sort of script or infrastructure that I can just throw on an NPC that will count and subtract points all within itself, and potentially be called again later.

So say I was to talk to NPC 1 and get to +10 points, NPC 2 and get to - 4 points and then NPC 3 and get to 5 points.

This Javascript I am looking for would keep that all separate from RPG Maker MV's actual variables. Running the script only from the NPC's I am interacting with.

Sorry if this does not make much sense, as I write this I'm discovering how hard it is to explain.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Can you confirm what engine you're using? You posted in MZ Plugin Releases, but you repeatedly refer to MV in your post.

Sounds like what you're after is a self-variables plugin.

xabileug

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
just find a custom message plugin that has eval script in it.
if you could show a setup, you actually just add a show picture depending on the variable (relationship points)
the best show text picture plugin i know is that of triacontane Dtextpicture . its for mv

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I made a system "ULS (Universal Level System" for MV, you can try if it
will work in MZ, chose arent actor based, but more json based.

while the windows might work, or not, each person in JSON has it's
own variable (non dependent of the database) but you may assign them.

they have own exp system (not yet able to increase on level up), but you
may assign a variable to it (for level restriction dungeon) if the normal way dont work.

there are some possibilities you can try if you dont want the windows,
so you can use your own graphics as well :) (I cannot port it if it doesn't work)
but if you have the knowledge, you can try too.

lubu15

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
my gosh guys, thanks so much for the help.
This was for RPG Maker MZ, sorry about that Shaz, looks like I did get a little confused.

Will definitely try out some of the stuff you guys suggested. But yes, I do think I'm after a self variables plugin of some kind.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
my gosh guys, thanks so much for the help.
This was for RPG Maker MZ, sorry about that Shaz, looks like I did get a little confused.

Will definitely try out some of the stuff you guys suggested. But yes, I do think I'm after a self variables plugin of some kind.
The VisuStella Movement and Events Core includes a self variables feature.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

0800d9e637692b8fe70e5bf0f8d410af.jpg

Im just gonna get a plugin or two....or five hundred.
MV/MZ dev: "I'll build an APK to run on Android mobile devices!"

Microsoft: "Here is the great news. Now you can play android apps on Windows 11!"
Work-in-progress dwarf character. Got him mostly there but he needs some earrings or hair jewellery.
TestChara-14.gif
I cant not for the life of me figure out where this bomb item comes from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darkescythe