Self Switch not working?

Serigala Zerua

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have this cutscene that happens right after the starting cutscene with just text. What happens is that there should be about 7 girls walking with a guard and they're all walking at the same time, but one girl is a bit slower than the rest, so the guard would go up to her and yell at her to be faster and hit her blah blah blah...

The problem is- I have it like this:
upload_2017-3-22_16-46-54.png
All codes at the top of the contents are also the same set movement for the girls, but just changing which girl is moving. Since if every set movement wasn't on wait for completion, the control self switch kind of triggers immediately and goes to the next page without finishing the movements, so I had the knight's movements to be waited...

But now... It won't let the actions on the second page happened. (I randomly added the wait there just in case it could possibly help)
This is how they start:upload_2017-3-22_16-51-33.png
(The event selected is the one I'm editing and also to help me remember where the player would be in this scene)
And when played, this is where it stops:upload_2017-3-22_16-55-3.png
(The extra event box in the previous screenshot is used to tint the screen)
This is the code for what is suppose to happen next:
upload_2017-3-22_16-56-20.png
Any ideas? Or maybe better ways to pull this off that works?

Attachments

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Why have you even put the second set of movements on a different event page?

Serigala Zerua

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why have you even put the second set of movements on a different event page?
Oh- right, that one is to make the other girls look towards the one who got pushed and for the girl to be pushed away in the first place

Serigala Zerua

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
... Wait a minute- oh I realized what you meant. Sorry! I'll try it

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That has nothing to do with the event page. You can do that without splitting the commands in different pages.
In fact, it is a very bad idea to split commands of a single cutscene through different events or event pages, because that will create timing problems sooner or later.

Please remove the control self switch and have all commands on a single page, then test again and tell us what the error is under those conditions.

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can turn her self switch from the knight when he is done.
PHP:
// by event script, 3 is her ID so something like...
$gameSelfSwitches.setValue([$gameMap._events[this._eventId]._mapId, 3, "A"], true);
I just learned this recently so I'm spreading it around as many solutions.

Serigala Zerua

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In fact, it is a very bad idea to split commands of a single cutscene through different events or event pages, because that will create timing problems sooner or later.

Please remove the control self switch and have all commands on a single page, then test again and tell us what the error is under those conditions.
I see! I'll do just that first then.

Serigala Zerua

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah- I remember why I did that now... Since the cutscene wasn't finished, the characters would have just kept walking and I wanted to prevent that, so I used the switch controls...

Thank you for telling me that it didn't even needed to be in separate pages, Andar and Trihan!

Though, I found that my actual problem was that the knight seemed to stop at where the event was placed, making it unable to end and not let the code continue to the next set of coding (something I didn't actually noticed until fixing it a while ago) so I turned on Through and the event continued on as it should have been at the moment.

Sorry for any inconveniences! And I'll try to keep it in mind, mogwai!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Seems like people have stopped looking both ways before crossing the road nowadays. Blindly walking out into a into a road only ends in disaster.
Just finished planning out the skeleton of the main quest line of my new game. I'm so excited for it!
Integrating Jason Perry's japan tile set while listening to Murray Atkinson's Heaven and Earth background music.
I forgot I had an account on rpgmakercentral lol
"What do you think the best place to visit on this cold days?" "Hell..."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keyboardjockey