Snowy Fox

World's Floofiest Composer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Greetings! I've been working on a music pack for commercial release for some time now, and it's very nearly complete. How exactly does one go about requesting permission to sell resources through the RPG Maker website?

There is also the issue that resources sold on the site are licensed only for use with RPG Maker. Does that mean that if I sell my music pack here, I won't be allowed to sell it elsewhere as well?

I've posted these questions here in the most relevant part of the forums that I could find, instead of directly sending an email, as the Contact part of the website doesn't seem to be working properly. I attempted to send a couple of support tickets last week about an unrelated issue, but didn't even get an automated response. So, here I am.

And for anyone curious, here's a little reduced-quality sneak peek.~

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread should answer at least some of your questions. https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/official-store-submissions.4186/

As far as selling them elsewhere, I don't know how a contract from Degica reads, but I do know that frequent contributors have sold their products on other sites, and with non-RM terms. But, that would be something to discuss with Lunarea or whoever responds.

If you don't get a response in a few days from the email listed in that thread, I would pm Lunarea here on the forums. You may go ahead and do that, as she can shed light on your support tickets as well.

Snowy Fox

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This thread should answer at least some of your questions. https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/official-store-submissions.4186/

As far as selling them elsewhere, I don't know how a contract from Degica reads, but I do know that frequent contributors have sold their products on other sites, and with non-RM terms. But, that would be something to discuss with Lunarea or whoever responds.

If you don't get a response in a few days from the email listed in that thread, I would pm Lunarea here on the forums.
Thanks muchly! I'll go and look there.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You retain the rights to your music, no worries. That means you can still sell them elsewhere - you just can't promote that site over here, obviously.

Snowy Fox

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You retain the rights to your music, no worries. That means you can still sell them elsewhere - you just can't promote that site over here, obviously.
Alright, thanks. I'll just concentrate on getting it all ready for submission, then. ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

In the strangest turn of events, my animations now live in the characters folder, and my character images now live in the pictures folder. It's a complicated world, but weirdly a more resource efficient one. :LZSexcite:
Did you know that we use robotic spy animals to learn about how different species behave in the wild? We're only a step away from robotic spy humans, and then Terminator. :p
Not being able to do a commission/request after all and having to give back the money is so heartbreaking.

Sometimes I'm just way too eager to help people out and suddenly find myself in a very deep hole because I'm not gonna be able to finish it. I really hope I don't come across as unprofessional to these people and in general. =n="
Learning Action Sequences!
ANY FEEDBACK APPRECIATED!

Online Platformer TEST DEMO 0.1 - 4 simple Maps. Just jumping test. (I still have 2 minor problems to fix).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eillajones309