Selling Resources?

Discussion in 'Resource Support' started by Snowy Fox, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Snowy Fox

Snowy Fox World's Floofiest Composer Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Greetings! I've been working on a music pack for commercial release for some time now, and it's very nearly complete. How exactly does one go about requesting permission to sell resources through the RPG Maker website?

There is also the issue that resources sold on the site are licensed only for use with RPG Maker. Does that mean that if I sell my music pack here, I won't be allowed to sell it elsewhere as well?

I've posted these questions here in the most relevant part of the forums that I could find, instead of directly sending an email, as the Contact part of the website doesn't seem to be working properly. I attempted to send a couple of support tickets last week about an unrelated issue, but didn't even get an automated response. So, here I am.

And for anyone curious, here's a little reduced-quality sneak peek.~

2. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This thread should answer at least some of your questions. https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/official-store-submissions.4186/

As far as selling them elsewhere, I don't know how a contract from Degica reads, but I do know that frequent contributors have sold their products on other sites, and with non-RM terms. But, that would be something to discuss with Lunarea or whoever responds.

If you don't get a response in a few days from the email listed in that thread, I would pm Lunarea here on the forums. You may go ahead and do that, as she can shed light on your support tickets as well.

3. Snowy Fox

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thanks muchly! I'll go and look there.

4. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You retain the rights to your music, no worries. That means you can still sell them elsewhere - you just can't promote that site over here, obviously.

5. Snowy Fox

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Alright, thanks. I'll just concentrate on getting it all ready for submission, then. ^^