Admin
Admin
Reaction score
First Language
RPG Maker
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ebr9s6o.png

The Tournament is heating up, and only 4 competitors remain! Prepare for your toughest battle yet in...

The Final Climb

All participants listed below, submit your map entry by sending it by PM to @RPGMakerWeb
using the same rules as the Qualifiers round. Be sure to submit before the deadline.

You have until April 26th, 11:59 Pacific to submit!

@WaywardMartian, @Calamitous Magic, @Puffer,
@Ash_Dilan

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Gah, these themes are getting metaphorical now! Unless we're meant to do a climb on a horizontal map. Either way, challenging. ;)

Ash_Dilan

Village Idiot
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm assuming Final Climb is referring to a Victory Road kind of thing, but I'm at a loss on how to make it distinctly a final dungeon separate from others. I feel it's hard to make something that can be recognized as a final dungeon without the context of the story, like how Persona 4's final dungeon
was a distorted version of Inaba
. Without context, it just looks like a cool dungeon, but knowing the town makes it seem more obvious it's a final dungeon. I'll have to try and figure something out tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wait... what's actually the theme this time?

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whew - I don't even know where I'd begin on this one! I can't wait to see what you Final Four come up with though. Good luck! :)

Wait... what's actually the theme this time?
The Final Cimb

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

TFW you discover how the script batching works in VNMaker... after you've had the program for almost 3 years.
Writes that the characters have to climb a mountain.

Realized that I have to draw six sets of models where characters are climbing.

At least I know how to draw something. :)
I'm currently scratching my head on how to design plains. What do I even put in plains? Some trees (but not too many or it turns into a forest)? Grass? A few bushes? That's a bit dull.
I'm looking for tutorials but Google didn't seem to find much (or maybe I have the wrong keywords). I don't know how to map plains and I don't know how to learn.
I should probably be dragged kicking and screaming away from Daz3D... I was playing with 8.1 models and came up with this. Thoughts?
and_remember_tomorrow_miranda_8_1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
corvid