Reinarc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
A good friend is going live to stream the first 1-2 hours of the game. Starts at 7 PM PST.

Katee_Bear on Twitch.

This stream will be more PG. She is a small streamer who also does Dungeon and Dragons and World of Warcraft streams, but those streams have a more mature content rating. She's a funny lady, check her out.

MZ's latest update has messed up some of my dialogue boxes, so while I'm stamping those out I appreciate the patience ^_^.

Last edited:

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I just now saw that the newest version was uploaded. I'm sorry I missed it before but I'm going to download it now and play from the beginning.

Re: live stream-I'm 3 hours ahead of you. Will the live stream be archived somewhere to view later (tomorrow)?

Reinarc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Live stream starting now, but yes it will be archived :)

It's okay, the new version has a few dialogue chat box errors (due to the MZ update) so I'm sorting through those. Thanks for the reply.

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Could you look at the battle with the hunter's hawk? I got the question asking if I wanted to quit the battle or keep on fighting and I chose to keep on fighting. How do I end the fight? I can't escape at that point and I'm not offered a second chance to leave. I ended up just X'ing out.

I'm ignoring the chat box errors, but there is one early typo I'd mention
when Obliterate is cast
"What chance to do have?"

Reinarc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Got it fixed! The hunter will give you a chance to exit every so many turns if you're not able to kill Ica. I'll make the prompt come up quicker :)

Yes, the 1.2 update for MZ destroyed all of my text boxes (how, I don't know). I'm manually going through everything now. Hoping for another day or two to have it fixed.

I did change it so you don't have to do the Hunter's trials anymore. They're optional.

Edit: Upload coming up. I think I've managed to nab MOST of the dialogue box bugs that have popped up since the update. I'll need the weekend to do a thorough test, but it should be better now. Hunter gives you the option to stop the expose element test at turn 12 and every 5 turns after.

Last edited:

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
"It must have been pretty hungry to have ..." :) Is this a new addition or did I just miss this my first playthrough?

Reinarc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That’s new :)

I’m taking the feedback from y’all and adjusting accordingly. That line is just to clarify the situation a little better.

I have another update coming on Monday. Adding more optional scenes and some more fixes and adjustments :LZSsmile:

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Lady_JJ
I'm baaaaccckkk! HD is replaced with a solid state version. Now I just have to restore this game from a zip file.

@Reinarc
Should I wait until Monday when you upload the newest file? I'll be starting over from the beginning and I'd rather not miss a lot by doing so. There is also a new LGBT+ game on aldorlea today if you're interested in seeing their demo. I won't download it because it apparently has timed sequences which I really don't like.

Reinarc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Welcome back! I’d wait until Monday so you can see some of the changes. I’m pretty satisfied with it now so it’s just nabbing all those last little typos and bugs and then I’m starting with polishing up the next 25%.

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Welcome back! I’d wait until Monday so you can see some of the changes. I’m pretty satisfied with it now so it’s just nabbing all those last little typos and bugs and then I’m starting with polishing up the next 25%.
Finished up Hrelda and on my way to Jordstown. Thanks for allowing me to go back to say goodbye to Nani and James. I like the way you reminded James you'd be back to teach him some swordsmanship. :)

Great job on fixing those typos. Just a couple of small things.
Aarlin wakes up in Nani's house, leaves and Kara and Quinten are coming to meet him-in all the cutscene dialogue boxes, Quinten's name is misspelled in the name box as 'Quiten'

After fighting off the crazy outcast, Aarlin asks Belai if she's allright, and she answers, "...Yes, I fine." should be "...Yes, I'm fine."

Also, I think this was mentioned before, but is there any way to include a scrollbar in the quest window so that all the text can be read?

Reinarc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Great eye on those. I got them!

Are you referring to how it's cut off like this?

demoscreen1.3.jpg

If that's the case, you can use the "Page Up" and "Page Down" keys to navigate. Or your mouse wheel. I suppose I need to find a place to document that. If not, let me know what you mean because I'm not sure. (I believe Kimo pointed it out, but I must have missed it)

On the horizon for Monday (hopefully, but if needed later in the week so I have time to playtest).

-Change to FP system to blend better with my element system.
-Scenarios. Nothing innovative or new, but I thought it would be a nice touch. To motivate you, they offer permanent stat increases to characters. There will be 4 scenarios in the demo with choices that affect what stat you get/who gets it (plus I find some of the choices just hillarious *strokes ego* *awkward stare*)
-A new and improved weapon/armor shop (see attached picture). I was thinking about a way to utilize the unique abilities you get from certain weapons (in the demo: Ice Dancer, Splendor, and Dagger from Yendel the Mad). I'm still playing with the idea, but in my mind you would go to the blacksmith and he could decompose them into an essence that you can use to permanently "teach" the ability to your character. Most of these would be locked to a character (Aarlin is the only one who could use Cold Riposte) to prevent a logistical nightmare for me. You would be able to equip 2 different abilities max per character, and you wouldn't lose any previous abilities (If you removed Cold Riposte for another skill, you can get it back later).
- Loiter option in the shop. You'd pay the a fee (playing around with the idea of how much still) and sit and chat with the owner. There would be a random chance that a person would come in, strike up a conversation, and offer to sell you an item, ranging from a discounted item or a rare/unique one.

On the horizon within 2-3 weeks.

-Belefon Manor. Will have 1 additional sidequest.
-The Dusty Tunnels (It will be blocked off on the south side, since you can't access that area yet).

I want to start working on the next bit, which should take no more than 1 - 1 and a half months once I start since it's already technically done. But I want to create a good foundation before I do so.

Attachments

• demoscreen1.1.jpg
    demoscreen1.1.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 7
  • demoscreen 1.2.jpg
    demoscreen 1.2.jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 7

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'll be looking forward to your next demo upload announcement next week. I guess I'll just patiently wait until then.:guffaw:

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Great eye on those. I got them!

Are you referring to how it's cut off like this?

View attachment 182792

If that's the case, you can use the "Page Up" and "Page Down" keys to navigate. Or your mouse wheel. I suppose I need to find a place to document that. If not, let me know what you mean because I'm not sure. (I believe Kimo pointed it out, but I must have missed it)

On the horizon for Monday (hopefully, but if needed later in the week so I have time to playtest).

-Change to FP system to blend better with my element system.
-Scenarios. Nothing innovative or new, but I thought it would be a nice touch. To motivate you, they offer permanent stat increases to characters. There will be 4 scenarios in the demo with choices that affect what stat you get/who gets it (plus I find some of the choices just hillarious *strokes ego* *awkward stare*)
-A new and improved weapon/armor shop (see attached picture). I was thinking about a way to utilize the unique abilities you get from certain weapons (in the demo: Ice Dancer, Splendor, and Dagger from Yendel the Mad). I'm still playing with the idea, but in my mind you would go to the blacksmith and he could decompose them into an essence that you can use to permanently "teach" the ability to your character. Most of these would be locked to a character (Aarlin is the only one who could use Cold Riposte) to prevent a logistical nightmare for me. You would be able to equip 2 different abilities max per character, and you wouldn't lose any previous abilities (If you removed Cold Riposte for another skill, you can get it back later).
- Loiter option in the shop. You'd pay the a fee (playing around with the idea of how much still) and sit and chat with the owner. There would be a random chance that a person would come in, strike up a conversation, and offer to sell you an item, ranging from a discounted item or a rare/unique one.

On the horizon within 2-3 weeks.

-Belefon Manor. Will have 1 additional sidequest.
-The Dusty Tunnels (It will be blocked off on the south side, since you can't access that area yet).

I want to start working on the next bit, which should take no more than 1 - 1 and a half months once I start since it's already technically done. But I want to create a good foundation before I do so.
All sounds really good. :) And, yeah, I did miss that page up / page down. Going to try it out now.

Reinarc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
To save my cramping hands, I'll link here for updates: https://reinarc.itch.io/sempiternal/devlog/231910/313-blacksmith-and-scenarios

Lady_JJ, I realized in my haste to push this out and playtest it I forgot those typos. D'oh. I will get to them.

There are two save files included to help you not have to restart (one after boss 1, and another after boss 2). Any save file should work fine, but you won't get the new interactable icons on the map (that plugin has to load from a new game).

Another notable change is WASD key movement. My friend was begging me for it, and thanks to the awesome plugin JLP - Custom Keyboard Input for MZ it's possible!

Busy week at work ahead, so I'll get to any minor changes this weekend and reupload. I'm so ready to start on part 2, because that's when the story starts to take off. But, there's still some work to do!

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
To save my cramping hands, I'll link here for updates: https://reinarc.itch.io/sempiternal/devlog/231910/313-blacksmith-and-scenarios

Lady_JJ, I realized in my haste to push this out and playtest it I forgot those typos. D'oh. I will get to them.

There are two save files included to help you not have to restart (one after boss 1, and another after boss 2). Any save file should work fine, but you won't get the new interactable icons on the map (that plugin has to load from a new game).

Another notable change is WASD key movement. My friend was begging me for it, and thanks to the awesome plugin JLP - Custom Keyboard Input for MZ it's possible!

Busy week at work ahead, so I'll get to any minor changes this weekend and reupload. I'm so ready to start on part 2, because that's when the story starts to take off. But, there's still some work to do!
It will be fun to try out these new features.
Under interaction icon, it says Anything that can be interacted with will not have an icon float above it. Did you mean now?
Thank you so much for including those saves. Since I just today finished beating the Pride Mage, I'm glad I don't have to start all over to see the new additions. Also, it will be nice to compare my levels with yours. Unlike @ShadowDragon , I'm a wimp and tend to overgrind to give me an edge with those boss battles.

And, speaking of boss battles
I thought The Mistress' battle was done well. I didn't win the first time even though I had practiced my strategy prior. I thought Robert's battle went from super hard (I don't think I would have ever been able to pull off a win without pushing at least one flame, to pretty easy. Now some of that is due to me just being a better repeat player, having bought the headband and threat helmet ahead of time thanks to @kimo 's comments, and grinding to fairly high levels, but, still, I didn't feel a challenge. I wouldn't recommend changing anything on my opinion alone. I just wanted to mention it.

The only playing/typo tidbits I found in the tower were 2 tiles in front of adjacent bookcases that seem to be set on 'same as player' rather than 'below player.' In this one bookcase, you can't walk up all the way to the shelves like all the others. I'll edit with a better description of which room those tiles are in later tonight.

So... can't wait to see who I might run into while visiting the blacksmith! :)

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lady_JJ I didn't play this game yet, so I cannot tell how difficult it is or
not, but I always try to beat levels on the lowest level possible.

not only makes this "hard", it also require thinkwork (if there is any),
like Origin Hunt =)

but Also love to break the game to it's limit if possible :D

@Reinarc I Might test your game out on a later date if I can remember,
to busy at atm with alot of stiff, so when it's calm down for more time
to spare, I give it a try :) looks promising though.

Reinarc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I love to grind, but since I know the bosses in and out I don't grind in my game :p

I'll be adding in some more dialogue options for loitering as time goes on. In my head I imagine you "gamble" up until 100-250 marks, then you leave and go battle to bring it back down. Once you meet the traveler, you can't use loiter in that location anymore.

@ShadowDragon I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do. I've definitely toned down the difficulty since the demo launched, but the boss challenges (especially the last boss of the demo) give me a run for my money sometimes :D

@Lady_JJ just two squares, right? I found em!

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yup! Just those 2 squares, so looks like it's all good now. :)
Do I have this correct? There is just one traveler per shop and once you've interacted with that one, you're done? I like that idea. Makes it easy for the 'completionist player' to know when to move on. It's fun watching this game develop. :)

Reinarc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Correct! It's just a fun (I use that word subjectively, lol) side thing to do while in major towns. Make sure you have the required item/money before you start, though. Thanks for the kind words. And don't hesitate to point out problems.

Edit: Just to clarify, I got the bookshelves just now. That bug will still be in this release out right now. Thankfully, it's not blocking anything ^_^

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When you have your friend over and you try to have a good time and let him try your game but he legit finds 10+ bugs that you now have to add to your already big workload for the day lol.
Zaj
Okay anothe stupid question from me. Why is when everyone's explaining the scripts in the scriptlets, it chnge into green. how do i know when do i code without knowing whether its turning green or not
So I realized that I really just don't have enough time to make videos. However I don't mind clicking stream and just letting people watch me work on my game. I don't really have a good microphone... okay it's a $20 headset so it's terrible, and I have no web cam. So the stream would largely be royalty free music and me working, with minor interaction. I guess the question is, would that actually interest anybody?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GladeField