Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Eiii, Shadow was dragged here as well, haha! Now we'll have a competition to see who beats bosses at a lower level :p
Unless he starts glitching stuff out ._. I at least play nicely!
Anyways. I'm just waiting for the next round of bosses to squash. Don't mind me.

Reinarc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Eiii, Shadow was dragged here as well, haha! Now we'll have a competition to see who beats bosses at a lower level :p
Anyways. I'm just waiting for the next round of bosses to squash. Don't mind me.

Oh I’ll keep you in mind making the challenge modes going forward. With barrier nerf, there will be less cheese (I said LESS, I do like me some cheese). You inspired the boss challenge for the final demo boss

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I didn't mean to drag him, I swear! :)

@Reinarc - I loaded your save and entered Hrelda. I'm wondering now if resolution is playing a part because this is just one example I'm seeing.
1615764140561.png

Reinarc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yanflys message core has all kinds of wonky problems since MZ got an update :( those cutoffs seem to happen randomly.

If it’s only a few NPCS, I’m just going to wait and see if Yanfly pushes out an update soon. If it becomes too much, I’ll need to change them back to standard dialogue.

I’d rather do that than revert the core update because it really helps with animation lag.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did I mentioned I did beat Cerbie on lv 13 (the nice way), but not mentioned
beating Cerbie on lv 7 (the glitch way?) sorry ;_;

@Reinarc I can beat glitches to beat at the very lowest level like @Cythera said :p
but I can play also really nice *I swear*... but anyway, I hope to get some time later
this month, maybe ping me once the new update is out?

and Cynthera's final boss isn't out yet I think, because I may try to beat that one,
before public release :D "Shadow dragon VS ShadowDragon" :D

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
EDIT: If you permit it, I'll add you (as well as everyone else who contributed) to a special thanks in my credits. I'm mind blown I missed those typos after testing those scenes so many times haha.

You have my permission to mention my name if you like. I'm looking forward to the next update, but just let us know what type of error you want reported. That is, if we even find any.

Reinarc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh I'm sure you will catch some minor stuff. The curse of being an airhead. Right now I'm chipping away at switching the message system over to word wrap, so there should be now chance of clipping. Also working on the final update for part 1. 2-3 weeks tops ^_-

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I can't get the portal to the red orb to show. Is there a new condition that was added to this new build? I went back to last week's download and the portal was visible as soon as I entered the tower (right next to the message area that tells you about the 3 orbs that reveal the red eye), but not this week's download. I've dispatched Yendel and Robert but can't find any way to reach the Mistress and Abby.

Edit-I really love the timepieces tileset used in Yendel's Tower? Can you share where you got them? [Found it]

Last edited:

Reinarc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yeah I like that dungeon tileset too!

So I changed it so that the cutscene plays out on the first orb you touch only. I realized players might go to another color besides the red orb first. After that you just get a sound effect and the orb stops pulsing. But I checked and all the switches and variables and they look fine. Did you try touching all the orbs and checking the red portal? Or do you mean the access to the one of the orbs is blocked?

Edit: A blank event page was added. Ugh. I swear my copy of MZ acts on its own. I never messed with that portal at all. Unfortunately I'm in the middle of changing dialogue boxes so I can't do a quick upload. Give me a few days.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MZ don't act of it's own, I smell a "rat" at your place! ^^

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is how the scene looks in the first and previous build upon my first arrival

1615900872853.png

But in the latest build, that blue portal never appears

1615900981520.png

@ShadowDragon - I think he was just being facetious! ;)

Replying to edit - Take your time. Everything else is done, so I just have to make a quick visit to the Mistress and then wait for the next update. It's all good. :)

Reinarc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@ShadowDragon

My MZ has an attitude problem. If I don’t feed it enough cookies, random things start popping up. And then Lady_JJ swears I’m trolling her. I just need to slow down on the updates, I’m having too much fun adding things though. Valuable lessons for my first game.

@Lady_JJ sounds good. :) I’ll make sure to feed my software the cookies this time.

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@ShadowDragon

My MZ has an attitude problem. If I don’t feed it enough cookies, random things start popping up. And then Lady_JJ swears I’m trolling her. I just need to slow down on the updates, I’m having too much fun adding things though. Valuable lessons for my first game.

@Lady_JJ sounds good. :) I’ll make sure to feed my software the cookies this time.
Oh, but I like many of the things you've added! The new icons, the 'loitering' option, just to name a couple. Not to mention Yendel's current drop for Quinten. :)

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Some quick notes about the update from yesterday. I have started a new game from the very beginning and had save slots 1, 2, 20 avail to load (with 3 characters) for some reason. From your play testing over the weekend?

The space bar does not work as an “Action” key anymore. I thought the space bar was a possible Action Key in the previous release. This is a huge issue for me because of previously learned playing habits. Right hand for arrow keys and left hand for Space Bar. My left hand is now functionally useless because even my mouse pad is used by my right hand.

Weird bubble icon (3 dots that looks like silence) appears above grave (when approaching) in the 1st scene after the intro. There’s a text event placed on patch of flowers in front of grave and you have to click or press Enter to see the text. The same bubble icon is above everyone in the village. Personally, I do not like the look of those icons. And unless they appear only when "new" conversation is available, I don't understand their purpose. Sorry @Lady_JJ if these are the icons you are talking about.

Iona battle info box provides a very good explanation of what Expose and Element mean and do as does the demo battle itself.

What is the “OK BUTTON” when player wants to continue? My laptop doesn't have an "OK" key and the "Any" key was removed. :guffaw: Does anyone else remember that old tech support joke?

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The 2 saves (#1 and #2) were put there as a courtesy so you didn't have to play from the very beginning if you didn't want to. KInd of a time saver. I took advantage of it, but I'll probably start a new game from scratch just up to the point of killing that hungry spider. Speaking of that hungry spider, did you notice the new text that was given to the skeleton so that dimwits like me can more easily figure out it's too late to save the witch? :)

Use the 'z' key instead of the spacebar. You can work it with your left hand (I keep my thumb on the space bar and use my ring finger for 'z') without any great difficulty. The 'z' is actually the default for RPG Maker ACE and VXAce games, I think. By MV-MZ default, ENTER and/or Spacebar can both be used, as well as L-click (I think, anyway, as I never use a mouse unless I have to). It's possible that @Reinarc can set that new plugin to retain the space bar's use, unless he's saving the spacebar for another use down the road.

The 3 dotted speech icon means the NPC has something to say, even if that NPC only repeats the same sentence each time. It appears on inanimate objects as well if there's a description to be read. I do like the icons, though I question the choice of a sledgehammer for closed doors. I'd prefer maybe a hand icon?

Oh... oh! OH! haha Took me a minute before I remembered that OK and any key joke. :)

GolvaeGames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just downloaded it. I like it but some things are a little confusing like what are those numbers at the beginning of the skills help text. And there are some mapping issues I don't know if they have been brought up though so you may already know about them (grass in the second area in the path tiles is too yellow and there is a hard line against the rest of the grass). I liked it overall though and I wouldn't think its your first project unless you had said so in the description

Reinarc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@kimo I can definitely add space bar back, I didn’t even think about it honesty. I just thought the wasd support would be welcome. The icons are a way for me to show you what can be interacted with in the environment. Ok is a blanket term because some people use controller as well. And yes the saves were just a courtesy.

@Lady_JJ Thanks for the explanation! A hand may be better I’ll play around with it.

@GolvaeGames the numbers are the power level. I have a loot of skills so it’s a way to differentiate. M is for magic and A is for attack. The first thing I was hoping for players to discover it as time went on. M vs A is explained in first boss. The grass I agree with it’s just something on my list to work on. Thanks for checking it out!

GolvaeGames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The battle system as a whole was very fun and intuitive. Those numbers were the only thing that kinda threw me but honestly it was just that very first battle. I didn't say anything about the story! I'm very intrigued so far it reminded me of
tales of berseria where laphicet gets killed
I'm looking forward to playing more after work

Reinarc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you! Right now I'm doing some tinkering with message boxes and typos that are being found. I'm also working on a short story about Jardak and Quinten before the game starts (you'll know who they are shortly), additions for the release out currently, and I'm considering producing a 30-60 minute demo about the main character before the game starts as well that is streamer/demo friendly (and I may add it to the game as an optional prologue chapter). Then I'll continue on with the game. :) It'll be done by the end of this year.

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Reinarc
As I mentioned before, I am not a fan of all those new icons and I know that took a lot of extra work on your part. But, at least I figured out why I'm not a fan of them. I love finding things because I spent the time to look for stuff in pots, bookcases, holes in trees and dungeon walls, hollow logs, etc. It's the effect of intermittent reinforcement that keeps me interested rather than telling me where I need to look. Just the idea that I may have found something other people missed makes the extra searching fun for me. Just an FYI.

Character is missing. This is in the revised builing where you added loiter. BTW, the loiter feature seems a lot like gambling. I spent money even when it got more expensive and nothing happened. Is this function based purely on chance or amount spent?
Character Missing .png

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Circle, circle, dot, dot... I got my first COVID shot! And I barely felt it, which shocked me. Usually having Autism causes my sense of touch to be amplified! I go for my second dose in June.
Another update, this time on moving. I got the keys to my apartment today, but it was poorly cleaned/repaired. They're working on it, don't worry!
:kaojoy:I just saw 2 players reached 10 hours.
The game is totally not for cult recruitment. As of yet, we have not summoned Cthulhu.
Unfortunately, besides that, many issues still need to be fixed for more common fellows.
To at least pretend everything is normal here. :kaoswt2:
I don't even know if I'm going to USE all these maps in my game, I just like making maps...
Huh. A forum topic just pointed out to me one MV->MZ difference I hadn't registered previously: the skill/item use message in MZ doesn't have the actor name hardcoded at the beginning like MV did, so you have more control over having stuff come before it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LordCheeseDonk