Sensor SelfSwitch

Shiroi Akuma

Shut up and take my Monet    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Amazing, definitely something really useful for my project. :)

Lyson

Potholders!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you for your patience, I know its been a long delay on any news or anything. Currently I have multiple directions working for tags, I'm working on making it work with plugin commands as well.

As it stands now, you can put shorthand or longform of the directions in a tag in any order, no spaces though.

For example:

<SensorLV: 2 drl>

<SensorLV 2 downRleft>

<SensorLV 2 drLEFT>

<SensorLV 2 rightdleft>

etc.

All these tags would yield the same results, a sensor line 2 tiles long going down, another going right, and another going left.

I have a feeling plugin commands may be a bit trickier but I hope for a release this weekend of the new version.

[UPDATE]

Implemented the plugin commands.

Tag checking has been fixed to handle the possibility of spaces between directions so now <SensorLV: 2 d r l> would work.

Discovered a bug in the process that handles saving sensors between map changes and menus and fixed it.

I have more testing to do, but I will release the new version this Saturday or Sunday, the demo may take a bit longer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lyson

Potholders!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Update: Sensor SelfSwitch v3.3.3!

Pastebin

Changes

1. Sensor tags may now hold multiple directions, spaces between directions are optional. Shorthand (first letter) or longform (full word) are accepted as well.

2. Plugin commands now take multiple directions, spaces are required. Shorthand or Longform accepted. Ex: LSensor event dir left r down

3. Changes made to sensors from another event now store properly between menu/map changes.

4. Help section mentions multiple directions in both the tag and plugin command information.

@Portkey89 Here it is. Thank you for your patience.

JaceFyrestorm

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Would it be possible for events to detect other events? Perhaps by giving an event a <detectable> tag?

For example, in my game, if you win a battle, a body is left behind that you can pick up and dispose of. I'd like it if another patrolling guard could react to finding the body, so the player has an actual reason to dispose of it.

Lyson

Potholders!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@JaceFyrestorm

I can look into this. With luck I can just make it an extension, I'll get back when I can with more information.

Portkey89

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey @Lyson, for whatever reason, Windows Defender keeps detecting this as a virus and deleting the file!  OH NO!  Any way you can help with this?

Portkey89

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey not trying to spam here, but it's been over a month; I just don't want this plugin to die, but Windows defender once again is declaring this malware.  I tried copying and pasting the code, and it's something in the code itself, because I can't even save a new file with it.  It's saying that it's infected with the Trojan:Win32/Spursint.A virus - is this anything that can be worked around?

Lyson

Potholders!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, I moved to night shift at work, which leaves me little time to work on anything.

@Portkey89

I will look into this on tuesday, my next night off, setting it on my calendar so I don't forget. I have no idea what a starting point for this would be, but hopefully I'll figure something out. If you can give me any more details it may help, I'm not sure how verbose the reports are in defender. Also what windows are you using?

UPDATE: I can find no evidence this is an issue with my plugin, I saw some other plugins with similar issues with Windows Defender, I think its more of an issue Defender has with .js files. I even downloaded from pastebin and scanned that file with my AntiVirus, Bitdefender, with no issues. I've recommended before copy and pasting the contents of the plugin to a txt file and rename it from .txt to .js hopefully this can circumvent Defender's issue.

@JaceFyrestorm

I'm not sure if you still looking for a solution to this, the only way I can figure it to work would require a lot of reworking.

The issue falls in that my code uses math in relation to the difference of the player and the event, making them detect each other would basically be a completely new plugin. One that may have a hit to performance if there is too many events running checks vs players and/or other events concurrently.

Last edited by a moderator:

styx92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@Lyson Since your 3.3.3. update nothing works :D
I copy your 3.3.3. script in your 3.3.2 demo and it dont work, too.

But my real problem is that you sensor self switch (the old version 3.3.2) do not work if i clone or spawn a event with @estriole 's clone event plugin. But with galv's event spawner it dont work too.
I would be awesome if i can spawn events with sensor!

I have a small demo for you (6mb), where i create the problem visually.

I hope you find a solution for this :)

https://mega.nz/#!e4ExFYQA!u-gSI2bUDAC9ApVVe-di1XW-yFj8CfFQ_l9FD0bVFXk

white90

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italiano
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lyson your last plugin not working, it dont show up the Parameter to set, and guide too. Please fix it

SoSick.

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hi guys, this plugin has come in really handy for me for some cut scenes etc.. I'm trying to make it so when the player comes 2 steps away from a door an arrow will appear , if the player then decides not to use the door and moves 3 steps away I want the arrow to go away, I cant seem to work out how to make this happen..or is it possible? thanks

Ringtale Games

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, maybe I'm completely incompetent (probably the most likely issue)

But when I download the plugin from paste bin, the help file options don't show up in the rpg maker editor. It's just a totally blank plugin, the only thing that shows up is the title of the plugin.

Can someone PLEASE point out what I'm doing wrong?

SoSick.

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I sorted what I wanted to do.. Well worth it.. I downloaded the demo and that worked fine, I took the plugin from that if anyone else having trouble getting it.. Brilliant plugin.

Ringtale Games

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I sorted what I wanted to do.. Well worth it.. I downloaded the demo and that worked fine, I took the plugin from that if anyone else having trouble getting it.. Brilliant plugin.
I tried to download the demo and it just pulled up a download for a win.rar file. I'm pretty computer savvy, but alas, I'm feeling a bit behind the times here. Shouldn't it allow me to download a zip with the normal files in a folder?

Cloud_FFVII

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Edited: Nevermind, got it working now!

Thanks!

Last edited:

Kingdommangas

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yahallo,
Maybe it's RPG Maker update but your plugin doesn't work.
It's said: Failed to load sensor_selfswitch_3.js but I cannot open the console with F8 and in the plugin list there is nothing write.
sorry for my english

bazrat

Pixel Game Maker MV
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Yahallo,
Maybe it's RPG Maker update but your plugin doesn't work.
It's said: Failed to load sensor_selfswitch_3.js but I cannot open the console with F8 and in the plugin list there is nothing write.
sorry for my english
so i noticed in his demo the file name was just "sensor_selfswitch" so i just renamed the sensor_selfswitch_3.3.3.js file to sensor_selfswitch and it brought up all the parameters!

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

What does your project folder look like?
I was told that an iPhone can provide a personal internet hotspot...You learn something new everyday!
Will probably never use MZ. Buys it anyway
Been playing Star Ocean: The Last Hope, the remastered version on PS4. I like it. Seems others think it's garbage, but I like these cutesy, silly, and tropey characters. Having waaaay more fun with it than SO: Integrity and Faithlessness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr