Seperate save files system

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've searched for this, but wasn't able to find anything good. So I'm making this request.

So, for my game, I kind of don't want the player to be able to save to any save file from the save screen.
I kind of want the traditional "select a file" system, like in Paper Mario.

On the title screen, replacing the "New Game, Continue, Options" window, it would allow you to directly pick one of 4 save files.
Each save file shows either:
1) the word "Empty" or something - for new games.
2) for in-progress games, it would show some info. The info I need to show would look like this:
[ICON]Playtime -
[ICON]Location
[ICON] [variable]%

The player has the option of starting a new game by picking an empty save file, loading a save file, or deleting a save file.

In the bottom of this screen would be "Options" and "Shutdown" (just activate "this.commandExit.bind(this)", and no need to code a custom shutdown).

When the player wants to save, it would save to the active save file, rather than allowing the player to pick a save file.

Plugin commands needed:
1) save and continue
2) save and quit

cyanic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Sounds like an interesting challenge. So basically a regular title screen, but with slots showing. Where do you want the stats? How will you activate slot deletion?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sounds like an interesting challenge. So basically a regular title screen, but with slots showing. Where do you want the stats? How will you activate slot deletion?
So, the way I see it, it's a scene that appears on the Title Screen, replacing the default command window.
And being compatable with SRD_PressStart, so that the scene would only appear after the player presses start.

So here's a little menu mockup I've made.
FileMockup.png

The windows use the active window skin, and the GameFont text.
When moving the cursor, only the "File N" option of the window gets highlighted.
Cancel returns back to the "Press Start" screen.
Options goes to the Options, and Shutdown activates "this.commandExit.bind(this)".

When a file is selected, that file needs to be highlighed somehow. The "Options" button would change to "Play" and become automaticly highlighted, while the shutdown command would change to "Delete" (disabled but visible when trying to select a new game). At this stage, only the 3 bottom buttons needs to be selectable. Cancel would go back to allowing you to select a file.
There should also be a "Delete this file?" confirmation window.

There's still a bit more to this system, since I would like to have a plugin command that saves the game into the slot that the player has selected without picking a file.
And another plugin command to "save and quit", so that the game doesn't actually quit when the player loads that file.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finished that egg-sitting mini-game I mentioned here a couple weeks back. Now to fix the weather system so it doesn't rain indoors while you're playing it. >.> A simple fix in itself; leave it to me to take it as an excuse to completely revamp the time/weather/lighting system from scratch.
I'm really tempting to pre order cyberpunk 2077... should I do it or not :/ I really want to play the game but don't want to take a big hit to my saving because of it
So I need to come up with quite a few action sequences.
Was stressing about this plugin earlier, but pretty happy with how its looking now! Purple makes it pop more too!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stuart18