slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@Candacis I've noticed I've been able to focus less and less on one thing only. That said I don't believe I'll be finished with Ruby this month. I just need to keep at it regularly enough and not jut abandon it completely halfway through :) Good luck with the tiles!

Finished going through the Effekseer tutorials and I've started on my entry for the contest. Can't get it to look exactly as I want it though.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Finally returned to game dev today after taking a two week vacation (well staycation really due to the pandemic), wrote the next cutscene in the game and reminded myself where in the world I was in the game too.

And honestly, I think I spent more time on the 2nd. You forget a lot when you take 2 weeks off. Yiyiyi.

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have some writer's block with the story, so hopefully I can get around that. In the meantime, I've been working on the next few districts, but progress is slow. I'm planning them out more instead of just randomly putting buildings in like before.

First is the East Harbor. This is directly east of the East District (I bet you didn't expect that one!). I've had to do extensive tileset edits to add shipping containers and transport vessels. I even did research regarding shipping container labels to make sure they are realistic. The East Harbor will have some rather interesting encounters and locations, including a source of black market cyberware.

The next District I've started working on is Silicon Road. This is kinda small, like Dawson Street. It's home to the headquarters of the Flatheads gang. "Flats" is the street term for chipware. The Flatheads are known for using and selling custom/boosted chipware that's unavailable elsewhere.

I could technically release version 0.0.5 right now, but it only has a small amount of revisions. I want to do more before releasing it.

Joy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just about got the re-made tilesheet for OOTM's exterior tiles done. Had to remove some tiles I discovered were rips, took the time to also flesh out the sheet while I was at it. Just need to make a couple custom tiles to replace some of the ripped tiles I liked, then do a little more color correction and I'll be ready to update the existing map Parallaxes and start on the next big map for the demo.

Kokoro Hane

Overly Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My July goals are....

- Complete and release the full version of RE/COUNT RE:VERSE
- Also make something for the One Map Challenge (I have a new, simpler idea)

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@Ninjakillzu
I haven't had time to check out your demo, but your screenshots look very promising. I like the atmosphere. I think, it is always good to have a bit of planning going into your mapping. Hopefully you manage to overcome your writer's block.

On to my own progress. I did 2 kitchen counters, looking very different and with a bunch of variants like sink, simple oven, drawers, doors etc., and sideview version for one of the counters.
After that I moved onto floors. I figured I need a bit more base material to know what fireplaces I want to construct. I made 4 floors and 2 carpets as well as 1 wooden autotile. Right now I'm really struggling with a 3rd carpet. It just doesn't look quite good. But overall progress on the A2 indoor tileset is good.

Anyway the plan is to add 4 A4 indoor walls next, so I can start mapping some simple rooms.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finally finished the principal production for my Xcode game client. Still a bit rough in some spots, however - Catalyst mode in particular still requires an upward scroll due to cutoff which I plan to automate in case I would otherwise be turned down once I set a budget for mobile targeting (and as we all know is that Apple is particularly tough when it comes to presentation issues). I did have to change the game's behavior for Catalyst mode as well (which required some additional scripting to hide certain screen controls when on a Mac), though I did also have to accommodate certain things which only happen on a Mac with regard for the interface (which also includes some clickable buttons and the ability to use the menu bar for certain functions). I may even release the finished Xcode project as a development tool in case someone else finds it useful (and I'm not planning to lay down any copyright to what I did to achieve this feat).

In terms of the project as a whole I have my next three locations planned out with a fourth yet to be decided on. One of the locations is planned to be named after its opposing land formations (which in this case resemble a rubber duck and a wild rabbit), while the second (and potentially also the third) is designed as a sort of traditional Japanese village. (Also, I've recorded my chime sounds for an item that detects the presence of any divine guardians who still require your assistance.)

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Some features for the ever-closer updated Cube Trail demo...
  • Fully redesigned maps with the Ancient Dungeon tileset!
  • A better introduction!
  • Who will you support, an undeniably evil skeleton who clearly doesn't have your best interests in mind, or a narcissistic egomaniac who will use you without remorse (but is somehow still seen as a hero by many)?
  • A small, out of the way fishing town where everyone looks weird, and might try to kill you in the night. Hmmm, I wonder what this could be a reference to? ;)
  • You know the Cube Trail is bad when you see a line of injured adventurers get led out of the opening holding each other's shoulders, like those blinded soldiers in World War 1 and 2. :kaoswt:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I didn’t do as much this weekend as I had guests coming over, but here’s my progress regarding my goals:
Effekseer: I didn’t do anything new since last time and the deadline for the contest is coming up :aswt: Guess I know what I’ll be doing tonight.
Ruby: Got through another lesson. I believe I’m now near the 50% mark of the course at codeacademy.

Brainstorm MZ idea: No progress on that front whatsoever xD

Main game (Who’s Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?):
  • Went through another playtest session of the new Bremen content and defeated all the bugs I could find.
  • I evented the next set of “cutscenes” of the main story line. (Little Red Riding Hood is finally off to see her grandmother!)
  • I also discovered some new scripts that might bring the game’s look closer to what I’ve drawn up: a journal script by Foreverzero and a menu script that uses pictures. The journal script isn’t exactly what I want, but it’s definitely one of the closer ones out there. Hopefully the Ruby course aids me enough, so I can edit this script to my liking. As for the menu script, I still need to test it out some more and see if it works with the mouse script I’m using.

Tayruu

・ ゚*。・゚(幸)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k
I keep being distracted by toying with EasyRPG's runtime rewrite. Sure easier than trying to edit RM2k's RPG_RT though.

Experimenting with that though lead me to a random realisation - enemy basic attacks in RM2k have no element. ... honestly this should've been obvious, RM didn't really let you affect basic enemy attacks until VXAce.

In my project actors have element sets and passives in the form of equipment to allow elements to be altered. Since equipment element defence doesn't stack by default, I thought I'd try editing EasyRPG. So I did that, tried testing it, only to find nothing changing.

... which I then realise, oh, if a character has physical resistance, it's not going to change resistance to enemy basic attacks. Even though if an enemy has physical resistance, it'll affect actor weapon attacks.

I'm not sure if I have any sort of solution around that, but I have more important things to be fussing with, like gameplay. yeesh.

Joy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Managed to make progress on scripting my facebar for the battle processing scene~ The more I achieve, the more I add to it. Got the faces and status effects showing now, thinking now to add small hp and sp bars as well.

the plan:
facebar-mockup-071520.png

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Progress:
This month has been mostly refining the UI and implementing enemy sprites. Also added another tree: Fisticuffs, which focuses on Unarmed or Light weapons combat.

Goals:
This month, I'm aiming to implement Hydromancy (water) and Hieromancy (holy) spells into the game. I have most of these skills written down on paper, but havent put them in the database yet. The Fisticuffs tree was also implemented but still very lacking (only ~20% done). I hope to flesh this out more by the end of this month, that way most of the physical trees will be complete. I also want to redo parts of the elemental skill trees I already have done, since they were implemented much earlier and I have since developed newer ideas.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Temporary pause on development as I have finally moved the charged specials to their own menu command during battle, which comes at at the cost of all my progress (it's one of those pesky state-saved plugins in that it forces a restart from the very beginning just so it can take effect, otherwise I get those annoying null reference errors). Also ended up using the opportunity to streamline each party member's kit to not show things which are unavailable by case (e.g. I don't want my patrol gunner to have a special skill command because it's not her line of work), though I anticipate an eventual sequel will change this as I have already written a personal interest into her story which is not sprung on the party until the very last scene. I will also be expanding this to skill availability over the coming days.

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys, I finally started messing around with RPG Maker when we all went in shutdown. I'm thankful to be working again but I'm going to keep on going. I just finished my practice game so started a new project yesterday. I know I'm new but do any of you guys still get all geeked up when you learn yet another thing you can do with this stuff?! :D

Enough of my blabbing...here's the link!

EDIT: pasting video description so you don't have to leave the forum to see credits:

The player is unable to leave town yet but can escape through a secret tunnel. I'm so proud of this one because it took some creativity to figure out how to simulate the player moving underground. I set the player as invisible, transferred the player, set Through ON, then used Set Movement Route. There are probably easier ways to set up hidden area mechanics but it was like a fun puzzle for me. :)

- Made with RPG Maker MV (by Kadokawa) and many stock assets
- Beds by Whtdragon
- Secret stairs for wardrobe by Avery
- Roof and Spring (D2) tilesets by Candacis
- SRD_SpellCheck plugin (red highlight in test mode text are just words not in my dictionary file yet)

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Avery - This town map was inspired by one of your tilesets! It was a lot of fun going back and forth trying to match everything up. I saved my "base map" for that if you'd like it. :D

I can't redistribute it with Candacis' tilesets in there but I could send it without those and you could download them and add them in.
- vikings_roofs1_candacis_
- D2_spring_by_Candacis

Last edited:

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@Joy I like the mock-up. Seems simple but effective. And nice atmosphere.

Last week I didn't have as much freetime to work on my graphics as I wanted to. I also did some work on potential ReStaff edits.
I finished the carpet I struggled with last update and have about 3-4 walls A4 walls finished. I think, some of them are kinda missing more contrast and pow, but I'm really trying to get the basic done and not fret hours about the details. There is time for that later. It is still hard for me to move on to the next thing.

For this week I want to continue with the walls, add some variation, mostly combinations of logs, woodwork, stone and plaster.

Kokoro Hane

Overly Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So another, more ambitious (but doable?) idea came to me for the One Map Challenge, as I want to test some cool plugins. And what better way than to use a simple challenge to do so? Therefore, I think I'll use this idea (which happens to be a side story prequel to one of my VNs, so no need for me to imagine anything totally new yay! lol). I might not be able to actually work on the project itself until August though, but I may write out the outline and cutscene script.

But my main goal is still the same.... since we are near the end of the month, I will realistically say I want to at least get done mapping, eventing, and voice acting file placing for Ending 1 of my game. I have everybody's full line sets now so gotta get the ball rollin', the route to ending 1 is going well so far.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
My weekly update:
- I entered the Effekseer contest with a kiss animation. My initial idea was to go with a poisonous kiss à la Poison Ivy, but I couldn't get it to work like I wanted to, so it's simple kiss/charm skill animation.
- I did a lot of small things for my game: setting up the new quests in the questbook, recolouring sprites to fit XP's pallette better, made icons for the questbook, small map fixes etc.
- So a long, long time ago, I made some (dream) mock-ups for how I wanted the game menus to look like, as the default just didn't fit the genre of my game.
This was the mock-up for the main menu I posted back then:
And this is how the menu looks in game now:
There's still some small things to fix on the bottom part of the menu, but I'm super proud I was able to edit this together with some help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hi, I just finished the sprite section.

I open a commission for Pixel art and art, for more examples I'll present tomorrow.
Can someone test a windowskin for me? I can't while traveling (I'll send as PM).
VX/VX Ace Kids is the Best for Me,but MV/MZ Did a Bit Better than VX/VX Ace But Nothing Beats VX/VX Ace!

Finally finished the first character for the free bust set I'm making. It turned out more big
SD than chibi, but I can't help but fall into my natural style. I'll post a thread once I've got more to show.
Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness :LZSgrin:
I am excite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BitterBitter