BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Quick asset update. I have decided to move away from the RTP in terms of the face coverings during the recovery ward scene (so that it's a bit more realistic with the oxygen treatment system that's invoked following the opening attack). At present I've only updated the masks on the character portraits (I'm not yet sure how I'm going to do the pixel art on the character sprites) but I think it came out quite nice. I'm also using the rewind on my playtests to rewrite some of the material, in particular by removing certain types of references (provisions and personal identity play equal parts for certain characters, and obviously after the whole George Floyd mess I don't want to be too generic to the point of disrespect).

Zevia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
After a couple years of on-and-off Plugin writing, I finally got around to starting a new game in the last week. Just today, I was searching for an image of a keyboard and mouse to create a "Controls" menu item for Game_Menu and Game_Title, and after not being able to find one I liked with an acceptable license, I just made one myself.

ezgif-6-eab6e0c7fabe.gif
ezgif-6-22ef181bd07f.gif

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And to update from the last time, I have now settled on the sensor system and character appearance design for the recovery scene. Also managed to rebalance the first major passage to the highest experience count that can be attained under the equally-rebalanced level progression (basically speaking, I was giving out way too much XP early on). I ultimately ended up adjusting downward for every possible situation and made the attainment that much closer to what has come before (except for bosses of course, which are obviously worth a ton of XP).

EDIT: And I almost forgot to close out the month with changes to my NDA statement in order to reflect the Xbox service's recent sunset of its Mixer broadcasting system. This has now been addressed and will apply to any official distributions thereof. In addition to this, I have put an age gate on the standalone version's package installer due to the content of my game project.

Last edited:

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@Zevia This is looking good, I like the idea, but not everyone has a keyboard where the Z is at the same place.

About my own update:
I finally finished the 8 indoor walls I wanted to do. This took super long and there are - as always - still things I want to tweak, but it is a good feeling seeing a tileset taking shape.
I will take a break from autotiles and continue working on the indoor objects. For July I wanted to get the essentials done, but this will obviously not happen, because I switched to the 8 floors and 8 walls. I think, it was important, because now I'm able to make my first indoor maps and test out how well everything works together.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ran into an issue with the standalone version and may end up using my store version in its place, which coincidentally is now officially in the system. As I'm already targeting Windows 10 on an exclusive basis for compliance reasons, this is probably the most logical approach that I have. In the meantime I have made another update to my prologue sequence by going back to my original "worlds collide" mechanic from my previous (abandoned) concept as a means to explain some of the main story elements for better accuracy in the intended context.

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Turns out the next part of the story makes a whole lot more work for me than I initially thought. Originally, I was going to create districts branching out from the East District as needed, but now I have to start making other districts that I would put off until much later in the game, like the Corporate Center. This means my next major content update (besides bugfixes and good recommendations) will most likely be farther down the line than anticipated.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yet more rewrites to accommodate the evolving storyline. The scene in the security center now serves to explains the history of the research that leads into the situation, including a connection across the void on which the arrangements were made for the commitment to basically save the world. Eventually this will also explain the provision of common convenience across both worlds, among other factors related to the setup.

Further than that, I have also finally set up my web domain and mailbox so that I can make the deal a bit more professional (and I needed to anyway, since I decided to go ahead and submit my information for consideration to build out a more extensive Xbox targeting profile).

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Here's my last progress update for July:
- Now that the main menu looks perfect, I've started messing with the Save menu. I want it to look like this. So far I've been able to edit it so the left side of the menu is done. Now I just need to find out how to do the right side :kaoswt:
- Mapped Windmill (grandma's village), as well as the indoors.
- I've drawn the layout of Loupe Wood, the last area I still need to map for my game. (The end is nigh! ...when it comes to mapping at least)
- Brainstormed some gameplay ideas for my next fairytale game. I have a whole plan (which I've had for a while now) about which other fairytales I want to make games around after I finish my LRRH game. Yes, I know it's better to focus on your current game and not on sequels, but having a basic plan has been helping me with worldbuilding so far.

Can't believe July's already over.
Let's look back on my goals this month:
My goals for this month:
- Learn Effekseer and enter the contest. I've been going through the tutorials, currently halfway there. DONE!
- Learn Ruby (or at least try). I keep starting this codeacademy course and then get stuck/forget to complete it, so hopefully this latest attempt will go better. (Doubtful.)
- Brainstorm an idea for MZ.
- Continue working on my main game. DONE!
I definitely completed the Effekseer tutorials and entered the contest. I feel like there's still a lot to learn (especially f-curves), but since MZ isn't out yet I don't feel motivated enough to continue tinkering with it for now.
As for Ruby, I started off pretty good for the first two weeks and then just stopped like I always do. :aswt:
Can't completely cross off the MZ brainstorming goal either. I have an idea for a game I'm going to make on MZ (-it's called Of Frills and Foes), only problem is that it'll need a lot of custom resources, as well as a few plugins I believe. So not good starting material. I think my best bet is to try and do the One Map Challenge on MZ, so I don't waste too much time expanding.
I did a whole lot more for my main game, than I ever imagined when I wrote that goal xD My initial idea was to have a second demo after the Bremen saga (which is 85% done), but at this rate I think I'd just try and get the whole game out.

And now that that's over time to look to the future: (August goals~!)

- Continue learning Ruby.
- Continue working on my main game. In particular I'd like to be done with all maps, as well as all things Bremen related.
- Come up with an idea for my One Map Challenge game and start working on it in MZ.

Last edited:

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, it's been a while since I post something here. :p

Although summer time means more time outside and less time in front of CPU, I still managed to acheived a few things...

May and June were mostly dedicated to Plugins release and updating. But I've started working back on my game (which was on hold since the 'No Travel' Gamejam) during July.

Lately, I've been working on some kind of 'Hit counter' for my battle system. The visual aspect might still need some tune up, but the mechanic is pretty much functional.

SS1-combo.pngSS2-combo.png

August 2020 to do list:
  • One last side quest to develop for the first part of the game
  • Run another (the last one??) play test of the demo
  • Deploy and send project to a tester
  • more tune up..?
  • Post demo in 'Games in Developement' Thread.
Have a nice day, everyones! B) :rock-right:

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@slimmmeiske2 Congrats on entering the contest! That in itself is an achievement. I haven't even looked at effekseer.

On to my on progress:
I made a bunch of hanging cupboards for the kitchen. Okay, basically one cupboard with some variations. Then I started the first fireplace. Will probably make 2 versions until I'm moving on to the next thing.
I'm slowly plugging along. Like real slow, but as long as something gets done, I'm happy.
I'm hoping this will turn into a graphic pack in the end.

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Got some good progress in The Wastes recently.
  • Made some mostly-custom icons that show what stance your characters are in.
  • Finished the new iteration for radiation poisoning, and made the doctor able to remove it. Added radiation-related sardonic quips.
  • Added items to most shops.
  • Added skills to most enemies, started to make duplicates for different calibers.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A few updates since my last post:
  1. I'm officially waiting on news regarding my Xbox publishing application.
  2. I've done enough rewrites and asset implementations to bring the game into the 0.2 range for versioning (currently 0.2.1 to accommodate missed rewrites and minor asset issues).
  3. The focus of the versioning range has been dedicated to refining the story as written to date and filling in material where required.
  4. A working version is in provisional on the Microsoft Store and available for download by request (though it obviously requires a promo code as I'm nowhere near being finished).
As I'm at the point where content updates are the primary driver of updates to the game presentation, there will be very minimal updates on my progress due to NDA conditions that I have set both for myself and for anyone else.

EDIT: Changed the versioning methodology for automation purposes, so the above information is no longer accurate. Under the updated versioning, the aforementioned 0.2.1 is changed to 0.2.222 as I am now going by timestamps, so any updates that I make to my game for the UWP build that I commit will be 0.2.223 for tomorrow, 0.224 for Tuesday, etc. This is largely symbolic as I run everything through a Powershell script now, so that I don't have to keep going into Visual Studio and incrementing the versions for each build. I can post a tutorial at some point in case it helps both to understand and for anyone who's interested in or planning to target Xbox or even Windows 10 in general. (I also got tired of having different package upload files for the same game, and the default behavior wasn't quite doing it.)

EDIT 2: Main connection knocked out over here due to weather events so I'm not sure if my commit will take on schedule so I have a message in for the review team advising that a delay may be required as I am on limited technical capacity (literally my only connection is through my phone which is nowhere near as efficient for this). In the meantime I have finally returned to where I left off in terms of testing and writing for new material as a result of plugin changes since the last time I was at this point in story development.

Last edited:

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
A new update:

I made 2 fireplaces and sideway versions. I also did 2 cast iron ovens (don't know the right english word for it) and now I'm trying to make tables.
But the heat really hurts my concentration. Most of the time I have serious doubts the tiles will ever look good enough, but unfortunately that's my normal mindset. I just have to overcome it.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sadly I have encountered a major setback. The wireline is now expected to be out of service until next week so I had to inform the Xbox team of an indefinite hold on my consideration while I wait on service to be sufficiently restored in order to support continued quality assurance in the lead-up to the required product analysis. I'm obviously disappointed (and very pissed off that interim measures weren't taken up at the finance level to accommodate the situation, some of them for very personal reasons that I can't legally discuss on privacy concerns) but at the present time I really don't have a choice.

I will continue to refine my game in the meantime, however I cannot guarantee much in the way of updates owing to the nature of the situation.

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As some of you know, I've been working on new districts. One is the Northeast Corporate Center.

It's not a sh**hole like many of the other districts. It had landscaped gardens, towering skyscrapers, and high end shops. Some notable locations planned are the Neuhume Advanced Electronics tower, Giovada, and Moonrise Bar, to name a few.

At the NAE tower, you can purchase the full array of cyberware that they offer, including subdermal armor plating, cyber-organs, and top of the line bioelectric ceramic cyberlimbs. You will also be able to purchase permanent nanotechnology and bioware upgrades.

Giovada is a high end clothing store, selling bespoke suits and other clothing. There'll be different tiers, offering a variety of bonuses.

The Moonrise Bar is a favorite watering hole for corporate types. Who knows what interesting information you can learn from looose lips?

More to come!

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Connection is back in service and ahead of schedule (though it was also a possibility that it could be done sooner). I'm changing a few things in my project before sending in an updated information file to accommodate how my plan has evolved since the original filing.

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It has been a while since I posted here. Well, somehow I reached by august goals that were the release of the new version of the extended generator prior to MZ's release.

But, my game is still going on, and I also released version 4.20, mission III.4. I'll start working on the next mission, and see how far I'll go.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Sorry everyone. Seems I kinda got stricken by net nervousness again. It is like just plugged on Steam for a bit. Kinda fought it hard yesterday and can finally pick it up here now.

Not finished yet but... Maybe I will never remake something that quality again;
Pegasus-5-2a.pngHope the details shows in the post. If not I might post a close up.

BTW Daughter Cat is now starting up her 18th year. It starts to be very very very old for a little cuttie cuddly kitty ^^ (and I know her since birth. Always a supportive cat when I am sick. But sadly with the laptop she don't jump close to the mouse hugging my wrist anymore. I miss that annoyance as she kinda commented and sent thought to you all then as I read you. But she seems happy I logged back in. ^^)

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My internet connection still wants to be a fool right now, so one of the other people in the building decided to call for service (if over my objections as I hold the account permissions and didn't authorize the call) but I finally have some activity to indicate that I'm up for review with my Xbox submission. In the meantime I have been adding and changing some material and have introduced a new baddie (who at some point will turn out to be rather senile as yet another victim of the corruption plot that's central to breaking the bad guys out from their imprisonment). Epsilon is basically a cyber mech who initially seems to be against your intentions as one without any perceivable worth in the prophecy but in reality is one of your commanding officer's side job creations who has been reprogrammed to interfere with your efforts, and you must bring him under control to convince him to reject that programming and return his effects to their proper function.

Last edited:

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Ack... my drag and drop failed and made weird things in first post and turned up closing window causing me to have to rewrite this.

So hope everyone is well I got Pegasus done (might tweak if I look at it too close again).

Also got a Huion Kamvas pro 12 that I will repay bits by bits to my significant other.

In my old days, things like that were plugged to Amigas and had no screen and you could retrace on paper on it while your computer tried to follow you. ^^

So this is my first from scratch drawing on one since more than 20+ years I guess and you can tell when I started (the unicorn guy was made while being really tired and chatting and about to sleep)
test-parodie.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Upcoming boss. Messing around with the tint as it's in a drained sewer system.
Okay... This was an important decision. What to say. Happy autumn. :)

It seems opening MZ with the executable doesn't register it in steam. So on my steam account, it says I only used MZ for 5 hours lol.
Our program, who art in memory,
Called by thy name;
Thy operating system run;
Thy function be done at runtime as it was on development.
Give us this day our daily output.
And forgive us our code duplication,
as we forgive those who
duplicate code against us.
And lead us not into frustration;
But deliver us from GOTOs.
For thine is algorithm,
The computation, and the solution,
Looping forever and ever.
Return;
NeoPGX wrote on Kes's profile.
Oh hey I just saw your comment on my profile status update.

The thing is I have twitter set up mark all my content as being potentially sensitive by default. I do it as a precaution even though I very rarely upload any such content.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsaacSkyder