Serenity Oceans

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Ruby, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Ruby

Ruby Of the Earth Veteran

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]

"Can you hear me? I keep calling out for you in my dreams, even though we haven't met, I have heard your cries. I know you are there, and I'm here to save you, and to save this land that you left so long ago... I was just a boy then, but I remember your prominence. I... remember. As long as it comes back to us all, we will find you and bring the magic back. I promise... Princess."

-I remember waiting this day. And it's here. What will await me in this new world? Only time will tell.-

Can you figure out the mystery of Kirish before it's too late?

Story Synopsis:

You reside in Foralia, just a small town in the large country of Kirish, a massive floating island above the world of Laia. Foralia is known for its flying fish, giant and colorful flowers, and its peaceful atmosphere. You are Kirish's first visitor since the Great Abyss War. It was something you've waited for your whole life, Kirish... What you've been studying and studying since your parents died. It sounded so... Perfect. A place away from it all, where you could settle down and live your life the way you wanted, peacefully. But soon after you settle in, you realized that maybe perfection isn't all it's cracked up to be and that maybe this isn't the new life you've been waiting for.
    As in real life, people often block out many memories before the age of five. Just as our main character did, maybe some of the characters in the village of Foralia can point you in the direction of your "missing" memories.
    -This is a Harvest Moon styled game, with a major fantasy/dark twist. There are multiple plots in the game: One is to save the Princess of the Sky (Isabella) by finding your true love (You can court and marry one of the four bachelorettes). And the other is to defeat the King who is stealing her magic.

World Development:

Kirish is a huge floating landmass that sits high above the clouds. Due to the teleportation circles many more people are finding out about it's existence. However it keeps well enough protected for one to have yet to see it float in the sky. This land is filled with beautiful architecture, giant flowers, floating fish, gentle and fearsome creatures, and Fae (Or Faeries). The land holds pride in their precious color, and their perfectly flowing rainbows. Kirish holds itself to high standards and the government rarely does a thing unplanned. Everyone in Kirish is born with magical powers, and they use them for practically everything outside of everyday life.

[​IMG]

Screenshots:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
     [​IMG]

Characters:

The unfinished list, portraits, and biography of the characters in Serenity Oceans. As a Harvest Moon style game, expect there to be quite a lot of characters. These will be in alphabetical order for easy referencing.

[​IMG]
    Amelia. Amelia is a secret character. Information can be found about her as you progress through the game.

[​IMG]
    Caswen. Caswen is one of the town librarians. She is shy, bashful, and intelligent, however, make a ruckus in the library and you will see her feisty side! She is about 22 human years old, and 150 in elf years. She spends most of her days in the various libraries around Foralia. With her help, you can enter the coveted library that once belonged to a young Librarian- It's a rickety old place in the daylight, but enter at night, and you'll see the magic! She takes a minute to warm up to you, but she is a very useful ally, and completely soulful and adorable.
    Birthday: Winter 21st
    Family: None
    Favorite Gift: Any book.
    Rival Bachelor: To be decided.

[​IMG]
    Clementine. Clementine is the young woman who runs the dragon hatchery in town. She is free-spirited and isn't afraid to speak her mind. You can often find her at Sky Falls searching for treasure. She believes that there is hidden places around the map, and if you befriend her, she might just show you she isn't crazy and will help you find places you didn't know existed.
    Birthday: Summer 17th
    Favorite Gift: Small Treasure Chest
    Rival Bachelor: To be decided.

[​IMG]
    Cromwell. This is Mayor Cromwell. He will aid you in any service you need regarding the town, festivals, and history. He is a useful ally and his youthful appearance makes him very relatable and easy to talk to.
    Birthday: Spring 3rd
    Family: Kira
    Favorite Gift: Relax Tea Leaves

[​IMG]
    Edward. Edward is a knight-in-training at the castle. At least he was. Now that the magic is draining, the king would rather sport demons for his war companions rather than humans. Other than odd's and end's at the castle, you can often find him around various shops in town for work. Despite his cheery demeanor, Edward is a deep thinker, and wonders out loud why he cannot follow in his notorious father's footsteps and become a knight. He knows the ins and the outs of the castle and it's surrounding areas.
    Birthday: Winter 2nd
    Family: Deceased
    Favorite Gift: Ore

[​IMG]
    Keito. Keito comes from a similar background as you. Only, he remembers what happened to his family. His solemn vow is to become strong enough to defeat the king and restore what the land used to be. He opened his own training facility and is there daily. He is kind-hearted, however, and is very shy. He cares about everyone, although it's hard to gain his trust. He is a protector at heart and will jump in front of a blade for anyone. Sequoia is his best friend and they have been close since childhood. He will speak his mind no matter what.

Keito is probably the strongest ally you can get against the team, so use his presence wisely.
    Birthday: Winter 4th
    Family: Deceased
    Favorite Gift: Any weapon

[​IMG]
    Sequoia. Sequoia is the dancer at the tavern, and Keito's best friend. She can often be found hanging out with him at his dojo, or at the tavern. She also loves to cook and to forage for ingredients. She is very frugal and will save when she can. She is the town sweetheart and loves everyone.
    Birthday: Autumn 8th
    Favorite Gift: Small Treasure Chest
    Rival Bachelor: Keito

[​IMG]
    Viola. Viola is a secret character. Information can be found about her as you progress through the game.

[​IMG]
    Willow. Willow is a secret character. Information can be found about him as you progress through the game.
    Credits:
    Celianna
    Lunarea
    StrawberryCat
    Enterbrain
    Ruby
    Reisen
    Dekita
    ShinGamix
    Ails
    Pokeymon
    BokuRaC
    Sharm
    Rhyme
    Fanart?!?!:
    [​IMG]
    Made by NPC, it's Keito! :D <3 He's cute.
    Next is Viola, by Spectrum Badass. I love her! <3

[​IMG]
     [​IMG]

I want to thank everyone who had supported this game for the year that it has been developing. I have a long way to go, but we will get there! <3

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2014
  2. Blackheart

Blackheart Developer in Training Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Loving the mapping and the the art of your characters, I remember when you first posted your topic last year on this game and it's great to know it's still going strong Ruby, still looking forward to playing this whenever it gets finished.

Ruby likes this.
  3. Evan Finkel

Evan Finkel Modeling Beholder Veteran

Unique project, looking forward to that! I love the characters especially, Viola. I felt like drawing her fan art!

Ruby likes this.
  4. VoxPopuli

VoxPopuli WatchFire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Intriguing plot, very nice maps and character art. Looking forward to demo.

Ruby likes this.
  5. Fernyfer775

Fernyfer775 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Such pretty maps. Keep up the great work.

Ruby likes this.
  6. Ruby

First Language:
    English
    Thanks for the positivity guys!! <3

Updated with a new screenshot of the witches house. I'm almost done with all of the characters, maps, and the graphical side of the game. All that's left is events and some scripts.

Dalph likes this.
  7. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain) Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sometimes I wish I could give more than just one like to a project. :\

I remember this game, glad to see that it's still in development Ruby, I admit that Harvest Moon styled games aren't really my thing but this one looks so lovely.

Also, pretty awesome tiles you're using, you made them by yourself?

I like Caswen between the characters, she's both beautiful and smart...I would die for a girl like that.

Susan and Ruby like this.
  8. Alkorri

Alkorri Proofreading Penguin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Promising project :) No love for Sharm?

Ruby likes this.
  9. Ruby

First Language:
    English
    They are Sharm's tiles from Pixel Myth! The only thing I've done is change the color of the water. :)

Dalph likes this.
  10. Alkorri

Alkorri Proofreading Penguin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I know, just didn't see it in the credits, unless you mentioned it in the OP and I didn't see ;D 

11. Ruby

First Language:
    English
    Oh, shoot! Fixed! I still have all of the old credits in there and havent changed it yet. >.<

Alkorri likes this.
  12. Ruby

First Language:
    English
    Evan Finkel likes this.
  13. Evan Finkel

Thank you for posting it here.

Can you put in "Fanart?!?!" section please. . . ?

14. Ruby

First Language:
    English
    Of course, I JUST got on my computer (The mobile version doesn't allow me to put attachments on). I've done 3 consecutive shifts in a row and just finally got home. <3

15. Evan Finkel

I am in no rush, put in whenever.  Thanks for placing it! I am looking forward to future updates.

16. Evan Finkel

You have a beautiful support banner, Ruby. Added it to my list!

Ruby likes this.
  17. Ruby

First Language:
    English
    So, I have a secret update for you all!! Hope you enjoy and the next update will be a game walkthrough, so keep your eyes peeled!! <3

I just have to edit them to size~

http://sta.sh/25xnkyslhrd?edit=1