Series Questions (Products in General)

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by Vilechylde, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Vilechylde

Vilechylde Villager Member

Hello! I'm looking to potentially buy one of the products. I have a couple of ideas for RPG's and shooters. Is it possible to sprite your own content or make your own music for the game to import into the program? I'd like my content to be original and not just have the tiles from the program at my disposal. I saw Ib on YouTube and was inspired.

Thanks!

Vile

2. Levi

Levi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Welcome!!

Yes.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2012
  3. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

Moved to Program and Utility Discussion.

You can download the trials for different RPG Makers and give them a try. A lot of things are possible with the series, as long as you have some imagination and a lot of time to work. :)

4. Vilechylde

Vilechylde Villager Member

I just did... do I need to know Ruby in order to fully appreciate the power of this program? I'm not very good with computer language.

5. Gomi Boy

Gomi Boy   Veteran

First Language:
    the truth
    The amount of wiggle room you have using the editor alone varies between products. Without touching the scripting interface at all, Ace would probably give you the broadest range of options. It isn't hard to find someone willing to script a thing or two for you, though -- 's why we have request subforums.

That said (and this applies to all game making, not just that in RPG Maker), it's always useful to have a little familiarity with all the aspects of game production. It's handy to be able to make small modifications to scripts that aren't quite working, or fix a small spriting error, or describe what you'd like changed about a song. A lot of people come into RPG Maker thinking that they'll be able to just get other people to make their games for them, but they quickly learn that things aren't exactly that simple.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2012
    Jawnsunn likes this.
  6. Levi

Levi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Yes. But there is plenty that you can do with default systems, as well as community made scripts.