EthanWayne696

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Serpentine (event driven - Custom Battle System)((Game Design Theory Experiment))
title.png
During a strange period I spent an extended amount of time with my mother and was able to ask her what would give a video Game playability for her, and , based on that feedback, I attempted to design a game that was both catering to the er, uninitiated- as it was to the avid gamer.

SECTION A: SYNOPSIS
  • Two wolves reside within. Which one will you feed?

Exploring themes of Death and moving on in a lighthearted tragi-comical way Serpentine is a love letter to early 2000's rpg's. Combining elements of Planescape, Pokémon, and Diablo (with some modern conventions thrown in) . Secrets and salvation await you, the Avatar, as you traverse through the war torn lands of Gaia. Decide who you want to be and what world you wish to live in. Become a master weapons dealer or summon a demon to feed upon the town. The choice is yours.

It is a time of great suffering, the world is in the grips of a bloody war and all seems lost. You are the Serpentine, an outlier refusing to play in the egoic games of the Old Gods. Travel the lands and observe the humans as they toil and fight. Change the course of history, destroy or redeem humanity. Open world and multiple ways to achieve your ends, heavy religious and semi-violent themes, also allusions to drugs and or alcohol. Seek out and help ghosts find peace in the afterlife or don't - the choice is yours. The story of the Evil King Cain as he ravages the land for fodder in his slave army. See the effects of the tyrants grip on the land. Story is more or less dictated by player actions and inactions. Can achieve most objectives in any order. Development is roughly 80%.

Choose to help or destroy Vampires and Lycans (Rough but functional)
    Choose to kill everyone, or help them along to salvation.
    Do not fear death as it may hold many secrets
    Alt dimension full of ghosts and treasures
    Tend to your garden for stat boosts and health bonuses
    Custom menu driven combat
    Combat completely avoidable
    Craft items to fight demons
    Help fund a war orphanage
    become an assassins'
    become a thief
    Custom Background music
    Branching paths
    Some 30 quest to complete

Capture demons and use them as a power source
    This Demo contains 10 or so hours of gameplay.

CONTAINS RELIGIOUS THEMES, USE OF DRUGS/ALCOHOL AND VIOLENCE/MILD GORE.

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS
stairs.png

Set.png

Quests.png
choices2.png
choices.png

DOWNLOAD LINK

Last edited:

EthanWayne696

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
While this might be necrophilia, I feel my initial synopsis did no justice. History shall judge me accordingly....

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I didn't saw this plugin befoe, but looks interesting, when I got some time
I will play around after testing 2 other games and RL request are finished.

might give feedback/suggestion, but cannot promis because to many things
on my head at the moment that I can forget about it.

EthanWayne696

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I didn't saw this plugin befoe, but looks interesting, when I got some time
I will play around after testing 2 other games and RL request are finished.

might give feedback/suggestion, but cannot promis because to many things
on my head at the moment that I can forget about it.
No worries, time is a scarce resource. Thanks for checking it out.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Still alive! Totally did not finish in time for the Jam (boy that's late) but tl;dr of the last half a year is Work term -> Covid Lockdown -> Sick... again -> Full time Employment. Game stuff has been on hiatus but got a new graphics tablet so hopefully updates again soon. =D
Going on hiatus. Won't be back until mid October.:LZSoops:
Just read the English lyrics for Despacito. Ramen aint innocent no more! :kaodes:
Well today was blown away with nothing to show for it. I made a new character to my game who I was going to have a protection mechanic where he protects my main character randomly unless it's a critical, and no matter what, to check if an attack received will be critical, means checking the apply method. This means rewriting the entire method and I refused to do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrSunshine