Gaetano92

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
inglese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everybody,
I would like to set the enemy to attack characters with certain elements. Let me explain, if I have an actor with a water element and one with a fire element, I would like the enemy of the water element to attack the actor with the fire element. For now it relies on attacking the closest and does not recognize the elements. I also tried with battle a.i core (yep) but I can't reach the goal. can someone help me?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to post what you tried for the Battle A.I. Core - we can't tell you what you might've done wrong if we can't see what you have :wink:

Gaetano92

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
inglese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to post what you tried for the Battle A.I. Core - we can't tell you what you might've done wrong if we can't see what you have :wink:
you are right! :rswt

i try differents combination but im noob! thank's and sorry for my english
aa.pnga.png

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay...so the top picture, none of that means anything. The word "condition" doesn't do anything by itself, you have to follow the plugin instructions and use one of the many conditions listed there. The first one is "always" and the last one is "variable."

The rest of that syntax is also incorrect, because the last word is which target to use the skill on and neither "fuoco," "legno" nor "veleno" are in the list of target words in the plugin instructions.

The second picture is almost correct, except here you're leaving out the target at the end entirely. You must follow the syntax as it is given in the instructions:
Code:
condition: skill name, target

So, for example,
Code:
Element 1 Weakness: fuoco, Lowest HP

There's a section of the help file that says "Targeting," you must use one of those terms at the end of each line.

Gaetano92

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
inglese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Many thanks, your help I appreciate it very much! So outside of the Lowest HP parameter or those listed in the guide, I can't put that the enemy attacks the character with the weak element?
Okay...so the top picture, none of that means anything. The word "condition" doesn't do anything by itself, you have to follow the plugin instructions and use one of the many conditions listed there. The first one is "always" and the last one is "variable."

The rest of that syntax is also incorrect, because the last word is which target to use the skill on and neither "fuoco," "legno" nor "veleno" are in the list of target words in the plugin instructions.

The second picture is almost correct, except here you're leaving out the target at the end entirely. You must follow the syntax as it is given in the instructions:
Code:
condition: skill name, target

So, for example,
Code:
Element 1 Weakness: fuoco, Lowest HP

There's a section of the help file that says "Targeting," you must use one of those terms at the end of each line.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Many thanks, your help I appreciate it very much! So outside of the Lowest HP parameter or those listed in the guide, I can't put that the enemy attacks the character with the weak element?
I'm sorry, but I don't really understand your question.

The condition of Element 1 Weakness is already saying "your potential targets are actors weak to element 1." You then must type at the end of the line which of those potential targets it actually chooses.

If there's only one actor in your game who can be weak to element 1, then it doesn't matter which of the target commands you give, right? That one actor will be the target with the lowest hp, and the highest, and the strongest, and the weakest...right?

eomereolsson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is actually incorrect. The targeting is optional and can be omitted. In this case, a random target of the targeted group gets picked.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is actually incorrect. The targeting is optional and can be omitted. In this case, a random target of the targeted group gets picked.
Huh, you're right, I see it now in the actual targeting section (it should say it at the beginning when it gives the syntax).

In that case, I don't know why the OP's second set of conditions didn't work.

eomereolsson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I remember debugging my AI conditions for like an hour before I realized that they were correct. I simply had forgotten to give the enemy mp, but the skill I wanted it to use did cost mp. Maybe OP has a similar issue at their hands?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Interior of a bus, may do more vehicle interiors :kaoswt2:
1670089782219.png
I can hardly believe it is the third day of Christmas and I have yet to put up decorations! Spending my morning cooking breakfast and getting them up.
https://itch.io/s/83641/1-week-sale Do you want a Roguelike game like a turn-based Hades? Get Zodiac Hunters now while it's on sale!
2-0!!
1670083194124.png

Sorry to my fellow RPG maker users who are in the USA... We're kicking your butts! :)
(It's 2-0 at half time in the 8th finals of the WC Soccer. Loser goes home.)
At a store was a taste testing booth for Swiss cookies. After mentioning I'm Swiss, the guy gifted me a bunch of samples "in the spirit of an early St Nicholas". Made my day!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albedo092