grimf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hello. I am having trouble with the set move route command  :(  For some reason when i put transparent on in set move route, I can't alter the speed of the event I am moving. This is also happening in vice versa, If i change speed than transparent on doesn't work. Is this a glitch or something? I don't see anything on the map that would interfere with the event or make it act in this way.. Thanks in advance.

More details: It's a parallel event, and it doesn't seem to matter if i have it in the same event route or in seperate ones, or seperate events for that matter, the effect is the same, they just

always cancel each other out for some reason >_<

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What are you trying to do?

Having move route sin a parallel event, one vs separate move routes, one vs separate events, kinda makes it sound like you're taking stabs in the dark.  If you explain what you're trying to achieve, we might be able to point you in the right direction.

grimf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
It's simple, i've done it before even without any problems. Basically the map is a road and it loops horizontally, so i'm making the character invis and slapping a car picture over him to make it look like the car is moving down a road. I just want the player to move at a faster speed than the default running speed, while simultaneously making him invisible, so that it looks like it's the car that's moving, but it seems like I can only have one or the other for whatever reason. 

I am making stabs in the dark because I really don't understand why it would behave in this way. I'm no expert with this program, but I think I know my way around it pretty well. This is something i've done many times before and i can't for the life of me figure out why it's doing this. I might just reinstall cause i am clueless and it's the only thing i can think of that would maybe fix this.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Reinstalling will not help. It is something about your event(s), not something about the engine - unless you've added scripts that are altering the behaviour.

Why don't you change the actor's sprite to the car?  That way you don't need to make the actor invisible and you don't need to keep the player and an event in sync.

grimf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
So, through stabbing in the dark method i managed to fix it. I couldn't have transparent on and change the speed in the same set move route command for some reason. I separated them into 2 different events to see if that would work and at first it didn't, but than i made it so they went one at a time through switches and it worked. Not sure why this happened because I've evented this exactly how i did my other times where i had no issues. Anyways thanks for all the help/suggestions and thanks for putting up with my whinyness! It's still a mystery to me, but you can close this topic now if you want to, thanks again!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

When you have your friend over and you try to have a good time and let him try your game but he legit finds 10+ bugs that you now have to add to your already big workload for the day lol.
Zaj
Okay anothe stupid question from me. Why is when everyone's explaining the scripts in the scriptlets, it chnge into green. how do i know when do i code without knowing whether its turning green or not
So I realized that I really just don't have enough time to make videos. However I don't mind clicking stream and just letting people watch me work on my game. I don't really have a good microphone... okay it's a $20 headset so it's terrible, and I have no web cam. So the stream would largely be royalty free music and me working, with minor interaction. I guess the question is, would that actually interest anybody?
Child base test two, flappin' their arms like it's VX Ace.
ChildTest-02.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shooleam