Jory4001

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I have a Door, It starts closed (Face Down) it opens on action use (to face up)

When I go to close the door, the Set Movement Route has:

Face Right

Face Left

Face Down

For some reason it always goes to "Face Down" then starts the Movement route.

-Face Down-(Not wanted)

Face Right

Face Left

Face Down

The only thing I can see is the Self Switch change causing the event to revert to it's initial graphic. I tried doing a 2 page event but the switch would change before the movement route starts even when placed after the movement route and after a wait command, the resault is the same.

My event is attached.

Untitled-1.jpg

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, this one :)

Events, which are often NPC characters, turn to face you when you interact with them.  In the character sheets, each NPC has a row representing them facing down, left, right, and up.  When you approach and interact with them from that direction, that is the way they will turn - to face you - before the event commands start to run.

Now look at a character sheet that contains doors.  Their rows represent closed, partly opened, mostly opened and fully opened - NOT the door facing different directions, like a character.

However, the engine doesn't know what are characters (NPCs) and what are doors.  It just does the same behaviour for everything.

If you want it to NOT turn to face you before running the event commands, you need to check the Direction Fix box.  This tells it to NOT let the event turn to face you (to not make it change its facing direction).

This also means that if you then want to change the direction, you need to add a Direction Fix OFF command at the start of your move route, and a Direction Fix ON command at the end of your move route, otherwise your Turn Left, Turn Right, etc commands will also be ignored. 

The door quick event doesn't have this because it assumes you will always approach the door from below, and that is the down/closed image.  The problem only happens when you want to approach the door from above.

Jory4001

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Wow. Thank you! The event facing the player character was exactly it. Would have scratched my head for hours figuring that one out. Always something so simple lol.

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've already noticed rare moments where the fixed direction flag on one page, does not engage correctly.

I am guessing its due to a previous pages direction (such as if the even walks around) bleeding over into the next page. Such that a walking guard, becoming a damaged guard, isn't a guard, but the old man or the red head, etc... It remains fixed in that position as it should be. Just showing the wrong character img.

I've taken to calling  custom route in those events that line up the page and set direction fix afterwards. (Not sure if its going to prevent the glitch)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ugh... 4:53AM over here and I can't sleep so why not just game make.
I just love the MV feature that allows you to create your own animations!
I typically ask this on my normal social media channels, but figured there may be good replies here. Anyone got any good horror movie recommendations? I've seen a lot, but I always love getting suggestions! Bonus points if you know which service it is streaming on (in the US) - bring on the spOoooOky!
 After a few distractions (and my annual rough second week of October), I’m getting back on track with my OMGC project.
 Am I overcomplicating it? Yes. Am I going to tone it down? Almost certainly not.
 At least the dialogue stuff is almost done. I need to do the map itself, and then all that’s left is combat.
 Getting there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nspace