Not open for further replies.

SC7VRC

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi. Please let me know if there is a different forum I need to post in.

I have an interactive “cut scene” I’m making (player and an NPC walk and talk)

very little is going on in the map.

but when I have the NPC turn around and leave the character, to return where we started from, he walks a few steps and freezes.

I’m sure I’m just ignorant, but any help is huge. I’ve searched and searched for answers elsewhere.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
A screenshot of the map and the process event would help. It's probably something blocking the way, or your move route stops somewhere.

PresaDePrata

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi. Please let me know if there is a different forum I need to post in.

I have an interactive “cut scene” I’m making (player and an NPC walk and talk)

very little is going on in the map.

but when I have the NPC turn around and leave the character, to return where we started from, he walks a few steps and freezes.

I’m sure I’m just ignorant, but any help is huge. I’ve searched and searched for answers elsewhere.

As @MushroomCake28 said, something is probably blocking your NPC's path. Check you set its movement to ignore if impossible (i guess it's that in english).

Also, a print is very helpful when you need other peoples help :)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Or just make sure there's nothing blocking its path. Events will not move through other events, even if they have different priority, unless one of them is set to THROUGH.

Kristhor84

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Or just make sure there's nothing blocking its path. Events will not move through other events, even if they have different priority, unless one of them is set to THROUGH.
This saved me in my project, thanks!

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if the event walking away is part of autonomous movement that could also be why.
autonomous movement only works within a set distance from the player unless using a plugin that will ignore that range limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

unknown.png

Making good progress with the second chapter. :)

Still work in progress.

(Real life, it is chronically the fourth chapter that I am making.)
constructionworkconcept.pngezgif-2-0acb620ecf8d.gifezgif-2-afeaf16ebb8d.gif "The Great Wall is great. But, most people can only be the slaves who built it, leaving their bones underneath that wall. They spent their whole life to build that wall and the empire, an empire that enslaves them." :kaoswt2: I'm just going to turn it into a modern-day sad tale.

No edits, just gameplay from one area to the next. Plus all my new shiny interface stuff... And I even remember to bolt down the portal so it won't escape this time. :kaopride:
You guys just freely offer up your Autonomy?
I don't know about you, but today the covid frustration is seriously getting to me. Haven't really seen many of my friends for two years, since i moved towns the year before this all started, and well, i miss them :(
so, here's a cute alpacaraptor sketch to heighten the mood:
W7Fhp9n.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SecalithSentiza