Set the order of execution of multiple autorun events

WhimsicalFae

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I have two autorun events (one triggers an animation of a door opening, the other triggers a NPC to come greet the player if a certain condition is met). But they are not running in the order I desire - the character comes greet the player before the door opens.

The question is, how can I make it so the door event always triggers first?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Autoruns run in the event order by ID. If you need them to run in a precise order you should use one event and have it control both items.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
combine them into one autorun that controls both the door and the NPC to let them move in the order you want them to move.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You should not have 2 autorun events active at the same time. Parallel Process events will run at the same time, but autorun events will only run one at a time, and I believe the order is according to the event id.

If the two are linked, just have one controlling autorun event that makes the NPC walk to the correct point, then open the door, then (I assume) walk to the player.

Otherwise if they're actually independent and have different triggers, make the one that's going to be finished first a parallel process event, and the one that's going to take longest an autorun.
Or, depending on what triggers them both (say, stepping onto a certain tile with a Player Touch trigger), make THAT event control the others and avoid autorun and parallel process altogether.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Jeżeli jeszcze nie subskrybujecie to byłoby nam bardzo miło.
1.png
Potrzebujemy 100 subów na niestandardowy URL.
Who wants to see my review of the worst star wars movie? This movie has all the excitement of being on Jury Duty of the most boring case ever about trade negotiations.
A lot to learn to make a game. Can I handle it?
I've been working on status effects since last thursday, and today I finished the core mechanic of Zombie, Teleport, Curse and Recall. Zombie and Curse are lacking a few things to make them complete atm. Teleport though is the "HAHA" spell for some of my mobs, but can "NOPE" at them with Recall.
I'm weird as there are a few game franchises I'll watch and read about, but have no interest in playing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaywwttfff