Not open for further replies.

Anakin5417

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I’m new to RPG making but I learn quick and know how to make a game but I have this problem and I can’t find a solution that works anywhere so I thought I’d just ask. When I use an event to set a location for my boat to go it won’t go there it just stays where it is can someone please help.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    89.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    107.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    105.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    99.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Jules98

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We can't help you with so little information. Please provide a screenshot of the event that is supposed to set the location of a vehicle. Make sure to include the ENTIRE event page, including conditions. If the event has multiple pages, include the conditions of those pages as well.

Anakin5417

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
ok here.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    89.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    107.3 KB · Views: 3

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That event doesn't set the vehicle location anywhere. Post the event that sets the vehicle location please.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you sure those events are even being run?

Why don't you just put the Set Vehicle Location commands into the first event? Making the first event turn on a switch that activates the second event, which just does the Set Vehicle Location and turns the switch back off again, is a roundabout way to do things, and inviting problems.

However, I don't think those commands are even being run. It looks like you have an event that you step onto, then you can turn right or left and you want the boat to appear in front of the player. Player Touch triggers the event the moment the player touches it. At that time, the player is probably not facing right OR left. And it's not going to loop.

Maybe that's it ... maybe your Player Touch event should look something like this:

Code:
Loop
  If Player is facing Left
    Set Vehicle Location (to left)
    Break Loop
  Else
    If Player is facing Right
      Set Vehicle Location (to right)
      Break Loop
    End
  End
Repeat Above

Anakin5417

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Are you sure those events are even being run?

Why don't you just put the Set Vehicle Location commands into the first event? Making the first event turn on a switch that activates the second event, which just does the Set Vehicle Location and turns the switch back off again, is a roundabout way to do things, and inviting problems.

However, I don't think those commands are even being run. It looks like you have an event that you step onto, then you can turn right or left and you want the boat to appear in front of the player. Player Touch triggers the event the moment the player touches it. At that time, the player is probably not facing right OR left. And it's not going to loop.

Maybe that's it ... maybe your Player Touch event should look something like this:

Code:
Loop
  If Player is facing Left
    Set Vehicle Location (to left)
    Break Loop
  Else
    If Player is facing Right
      Set Vehicle Location (to right)
      Break Loop
    End
  End
Repeat Above
Just tried that and it didn't work

Anakin5417

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Never Mind i fixed it the issue was that you could walk through it so I set the priority to below player

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

For real, they didn't tell me anything about THAT dragon bomber before. It could be the greatest invention since sliced bread, that's for sure!
Random Thought: Team Visustella has become the Power Rangers of RPG Maker, and Yanfly is their Zordon.
Can house furniture be used as a weapon?
Took our dogs on a walk and someone asked if our smallest one was a gueanie pig ((however it's spelt))
I decided to create reboots of my games on RPG Maker MV. I'm happy. :biggrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
silverskies