Llov11

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello everybody!

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question. I'm making a cutscene for a game which envolves some explosions (Michael Bay style). I'm managing the whole scene with a couple of events that set move routes for other events (these events are only sprites, no processes).

The problem starts when trying to get an event to jump by setting a move route from another event. Is it possible that the only way to make an event jump is by setting the move route within the event itself? Meaning that you can't order an event to jump by setting a move route from another event.

I apologize for being too vague with my question but english isn't my first language and I'm really struggling with explaining myself.

I thank you on advanced.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
First find the ID number of the event you want to jump. It's at the top left corner of the event page.
In your controlling event (i.e. the one where you are trying to get a different event to do something), select Set Move Route from the event command menu and click on the top bit where it comes up as Player' or 'This Event' and select the event you have identified. Then do the Set Move Route command, complete with the jump.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, quite the contrary.
For every cutscene, there should be only a single event with every commands of the cutscene in it - the controlling event. All other events should be placeholders only that have absolute no content/commands in them.

If you distribute commands over several events, then you'll get timing problems.
If you have all move route commands in a single event and the events are blocking eachbother, then the order of those commands and the choosen Waits are wrong.

If this is not enough for you to solve the Problem, then we need a Screenshot of the controlling event.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

FirestormNeos wrote on DarkPlasmaBall's profile.
asking this here instead of the thread in question to avoid derailing it, but I'm curious; is there a particular reason you'd include a "Terms of Use" for an RPG Maker game? Like, are there multiplayer features for the game you're working on?
The holidays are upon us! Everyone search for safety from the grocery store music!
I don't understand people sometime. Walking to work today came across someone walking the opposite way in a nice suit, I politely move to the side into the shrubbery so he doesn't have to get his suit dirty and say "good morning" as he passes me, he turns around glaring daggers and asks "why are you talking to me?" like he's bloody offended by me wishing him a good morning or something. Just, why?
I dreamed about watching Gackt concert live.
He was riding some kind of crescent moon boat.
But his appearance resembled Andhika Kangen Band (Indonesian singer),
and the first song he sang was L'arc en Ciel's Hitomi no Jyuunin.
Weird, but still beautiful though. :D
I've been working on making a simple sprite frame system. And I'm really happy with the progress.
ZAyFw65.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sltcestsab