Setting a move route for an event from within another event

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by Llov11, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Llov11

Llov11 Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello everybody!

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question. I'm making a cutscene for a game which envolves some explosions (Michael Bay style). I'm managing the whole scene with a couple of events that set move routes for other events (these events are only sprites, no processes).

The problem starts when trying to get an event to jump by setting a move route from another event. Is it possible that the only way to make an event jump is by setting the move route within the event itself? Meaning that you can't order an event to jump by setting a move route from another event.

I apologize for being too vague with my question but english isn't my first language and I'm really struggling with explaining myself.

I thank you on advanced.

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    First find the ID number of the event you want to jump. It's at the top left corner of the event page.
    In your controlling event (i.e. the one where you are trying to get a different event to do something), select Set Move Route from the event command menu and click on the top bit where it comes up as Player' or 'This Event' and select the event you have identified. Then do the Set Move Route command, complete with the jump.

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No, quite the contrary.
    For every cutscene, there should be only a single event with every commands of the cutscene in it - the controlling event. All other events should be placeholders only that have absolute no content/commands in them.

If you distribute commands over several events, then you'll get timing problems.
    If you have all move route commands in a single event and the events are blocking eachbother, then the order of those commands and the choosen Waits are wrong.

If this is not enough for you to solve the Problem, then we need a Screenshot of the controlling event.