tyranzero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
my boss has 3 special attack types: high accurate, explosive burst, and lock charge

high accurate: unavoidable attack
explosive burst: high damage in a single attack
lock charge: merge of the 2 above.

so the thing Is... how to record enemy Hp?
to survive the attack, high accurate with guard, explosive burst with dodge, and lock charge with deal certain % to the boss.

the first and second type I have done it, but for the third... need help.
how to set "IF enemy lost 5% of its max Hp = cancel the special attack"?
if possible, with YEP absorb barrier. IF barrier is still available on enemy = special attack.

1.png2.png
3.png4.png

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so the thing Is... how to record enemy Hp?
It's one of the conditions in battle events, you choose one of the enemies in the troop and see if it's under a certain percentage health. You can then use event commands to force it to perform a certain action.
how to set "IF enemy lost 5% of its max Hp = cancel the special attack"?
I'm not sure what you're asking here. In the default MV combat system, there's no such thing as canceling or interrupting an attack, they happen instantaneously on a battler's turn. Are you using a plugin for a different kind of combat system?

If you're talking about having a system where the boss powers up over a turn or two and you can knock them out of it, I would use a state. Yanfly's Buffs & States lets you define Custom React Effects that can measure how much damage a battler just took, and you could use it to remove the powering up state.
if possible, with YEP absorb barrier. IF barrier is still available on enemy = special attack.
From the documentation, if battler.barrierPoints() returns greater than 0, it has an absorption barrier up.

If you have the Yanfly plugin library, some of this might be more efficient to do using the Enemy A.I. plugin.

Last edited:

tyranzero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure what you're asking here. In the default MV combat system...

I was thinking about attack cancel from any light/heavy gun arcade games. ever play "the house of the death", "the ocean hunter", "the lost world jurassic park arcade", or any arcade shooting game? boss will have 'spots/bar' to cancel the attack

from the documentation, if battler.barrierPoints() returns greater than 0...
place in script? and how to set "if enemy = battler.barrierPoints() < 1"? (< 1 = 0 = no barrier, right?)

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was thinking about attack cancel from any light/heavy gun arcade games.
I would use a state. Since you appear to have the Yanfly library, have your boss use a skill that puts a state on itself to indicate it's charging up (it'll look cooler if you have a state animation to play over it). Put a Custom React Effect from Buffs & States so that if someone hits him hard enough it'll remove the charging state.
place in script? and how to set "if enemy = battler.barrierPoints() < 1"? (< 1 = 0 = no barrier, right?)
That is not correct syntax...even if you're not planning to write your own plugins or anything, if you want to do some complex effects in your game, you should do some online JavaScript tutorials just so you have a sense of how to type basic operations. In this case, one = is setting a value, and you use two (or three) == to ask "is it this value?" So .barrierPoints()==0 checks if the battler has no barrier.

As for the "battler" portion of it, you need to know where your boss is in the troop. So you would put as a Conditional Branch -> Script if ($gameTroop.members()[0].barrierPoints()==0)
Where the 0 in the brackets is the order in which that enemy was added to the troop, 0 being the first.

Unless you use my suggestion to put all of this into A.I. Core commands, in which case some of it is simplified.

tyranzero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would use a state
I don't how this will work. I don't really know much about code, and as I read the info "This effect will run when the battler is selected as a target." if target, add state?

That is not correct syntax
yes, and that's why I ask. and does a single line of code = complex? well... a single line but many can also create complex code.

anyway, thanks for the help on the code.

battleAIcore? never use it

if ($gameTroop.members()[0].barrierPoints()==0) <the script
= for change num into, == for question equal to. can use < (less), > (greater), or =/= (not equal to) in the code?

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't how this will work. I don't really know much about code, and as I read the info "This effect will run when the battler is selected as a target." if target, add state?
No...read my prior post more carefully - perhaps it's a translation issue? I don't know what your native language is.

Your boss uses a skill. That skill plays a neat animation, perhaps calls a common event to pop text up on the screen "Big dude starts charging up!" and puts a ChargingUp state on himself.

Inside of the ChargingUp state, you would put a Custom Respond Effect (which triggers every time he gets hit by something) that checks for whatever condition you want to cancel his charging. If it's one hit that does enough damage...all the hits total a certain amount of damage...he gets hit by a certain element or weapon type...whatever!

Then you can do anything you want while that state is on him. You can say that it needs to charge for X number of turns, and if they haven't canceled it yet, he does a big attack. Or if it's his very next turn, if he still has it, he does it right away.

You can kind of do this with battle events, but it will work much more smoothly with the A.I. Core, which is just you listing instructions for what you want the boss to do, and under what conditions (do this if he's under half health, do this if he has the ChargingUp state, etc.).

But primarily it sounds like you should do some JavaScript tutorials. Everything I've mentioned here is at a pretty basic level, so if you do some online tutorials to learn correct syntax, it's then easy for you to Google the names of the variables and functions in RPG Maker to do these things.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Rest in Peace vlog gun...
vloggunsmallface.png
Another unnamed character, and probably last one for now.
She's a dragon girl inspired by fafnir dragon. as always, name suggestion is welcomed.
Dragon_Girl.jpg

Dragon_Girl_1.png
Hmm.... So I can use my quick ports of QPlugins, but QMovement breaks MZ's save system. Or I can use the Luna port of the QPlugins whose QMap breaks MZ's save system. I can't decide I want to fix one of those, or just make a new save system. The new one would look so much better.. I'm kind of tempted. :LZSexcite:
I'm very happy and I want everyone to be happy too, so I decided to share this song about the end of the world! :biggrin:
I just booked a spot for my COVID vaccine today. I am just waiting to see when they can get me in. I'll be so happy when I don't have to be paranoid about the virus anymore. I'm also thinking about moving to Atlanta, Georgia, Denver, Colorado, or Houston, Texas in the far future. Maybe once my channel gets off the ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabiaryl