Setting states on enemies at beginning of battle

Phoenix White

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello, I'm fairly new to RPG Maker VX Ace, so I might be missing something obvious...

Is there a way to set a state on a enemy battler without it using a skill/item to set the state? I want to create an enemy state called 'Armored' which one of the actors can remove with a specific skill. I can create the Armored state and the skill, but I want the enemy to begin the battle in the Armored state and I don't see an option that allows me to do that. Is there a simple fix for this, or do I need a script to make this happen?

AmazingKazuki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think you can do this in the enemy pages but you could do it in the troop's tab. Under the troop you add these enemies too, you can have it start at the beginning of the battle and place it on the enemies right away. Add a little text, if you want, stating it.

Lord Vectra

Master Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think you can do this in the enemy pages but you could do it in the troop's tab. Under the troop you add these enemies too, you can have it start at the beginning of the battle and place it on the enemies right away. Add a little text, if you want, stating it.
To add to this, make sure it happens on turn 0 (turn 0 is equivalent to beginning of battle)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've developed a habit of thanking cleaning ladies for their work.
Sorry Aerith... I will abandon your shoes... :guffaw:
Spent a whole bunch of time today reworking the area in the video because someone said it was too illusory. So I reworked it so it changes less, moved the grass up to the same level as the player.... And found enough extra resources to make the grass moves when the player touches it. Also lots more water, because it looks amazing. I'll probably put up a short updated video later today.
I never noticed how NOISY birds can be in the morning..
The worst part of writing the thesis is getting to a point where it's nearly done and you feel like an 8th-grader could've written something on that level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stearen