Riuyuri

Dead Inside
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sounds weird but is there away of setting a event to be like a check and feed needs of npc like a pet or baby? Like have a timer or maybe there MP drain then HP. Sadly I’m not smart enough to figure it out.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First of all, you're going to have to be much more clear and specific when asking for help - "like a check and feed needs" doesn't mean anything in terms of your game, so we don't know what to tell you, we're only guessing.

Secondly, you can certainly make a system like that, but there are a few things to keep in mind.
1 - Events are placed on the maps in your game. That means that if you're not in the same place as your pet baby, any event there isn't running. You can make an event on every single map in your entire game that keeps doing the same thing, or you can only check it at certain times and keep track of what time has lapsed and actions have been done between checks, but that'll need to go into your planning.

2 - There's not actually such a thing as an NPC that has HP and MP outside the members of your party. There are just events on maps that you give the graphics of your pet baby. So presuming you're not talking about one of your party members who's walking around with you, you'll need to make variables to represent HP and MP and modify those.

Riuyuri

Dead Inside
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First of all, you're going to have to be much more clear and specific when asking for help - "like a check and feed needs" doesn't mean anything in terms of your game, so we don't know what to tell you, we're only guessing.

Secondly, you can certainly make a system like that, but there are a few things to keep in mind.
1 - Events are placed on the maps in your game. That means that if you're not in the same place as your pet baby, any event there isn't running. You can make an event on every single map in your entire game that keeps doing the same thing, or you can only check it at certain times and keep track of what time has lapsed and actions have been done between checks, but that'll need to go into your planning.

2 - There's not actually such a thing as an NPC that has HP and MP outside the members of your party. There are just events on maps that you give the graphics of your pet baby. So presuming you're not talking about one of your party members who's walking around with you, you'll need to make variables to represent HP and MP and modify those.
I apologize for being so unclear my brain is scattered at first I didn’t know how to say X/ is there a way of check variables on a event in game? I found what I was looking for on setting up the in common events by using variables and switches! I found out the Hp and Mp thing you said the hard way lol also would like to know the map thing your talking about might also help me later.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Jeez...
I finally decide, after several ppl asking me to, to create a gamethread about project M... And my internet craps out on me halfway through the process :(
making my first game is like trying to stuff all my experience with old games into one
so its slow and painful when i dont get it right... i bet the next game is gonna be finished earlier!
When you don't find any time to work... :kaocry:
First Ten Minutes of my Caretaker inspired game

Finally, I got a good Gmail message [from smg5urded]
"This game does look a bit plain, but, I'm sure this does not destroy the experience as a whole. Monsters fit your style of game-play, mapping looks crude but I'm sure you can make it better if you do a remake of Forgotten Eclipse"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KyN19