Hungry Moogle

A Rat in the Wall
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been trying to set up counter skills using Yanfly's Counter Control plugin, but so far I've haven't had much luck in getting the them to work. I tried adding the <Counter Skills: x> tag into the enemy's note box, but nothing happened when the player attacked the enemy.

I honestly have no idea how the Counter Control plugin is suppose to work, and so as a result, I need some help with trying to figure out how to properly set up counter skills.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'JS Plugin Releases' is where people who have written a plugin can post them to share them with others.
[move]Javascript/Plugin Support[/move]

Ravenith

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
For the enemy to counter-attack, you actually have to give them a Counter Attack trait. This has nothing to do with YF's plugin - it's like that by default. (Traits are the upper right box in your enemy database. Counter is found under the "Param" tab, and is an Ex-Parameter.)

By default, when enemies or actors counterattack, they always use "Attack" (Skill ID 001 in the database).
What the plugin and <Counter Skills: x> note tag does, is allow you to change that.

Good luck!

Hungry Moogle

A Rat in the Wall
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For the enemy to counter-attack, you actually have to give them a Counter Attack trait. This has nothing to do with YF's plugin - it's like that by default. (Traits are the upper right box in your enemy database. Counter is found under the "Param" tab, and is an Ex-Parameter.)

By default, when enemies or actors counterattack, they always use "Attack" (Skill ID 001 in the database).
What the plugin and <Counter Skills: x> note tag does, is allow you to change that.

Good luck!
Thanks for the help! However, there are some issues I'm having with my set up that need to be ironed out.

Firstly, the counter will trigger even when the attack misses, whereas I want the counter to be triggered by the target receiving damage and not just attacking in general.

Secondly, I want the counter skill to only trigger once, but I'm not sure how to disable a skill once a certain condition has been fulfilled.

Basically I'm trying to make an enemy that when damaged puts the targeted enemy into a "armed" state, causing them to use a suicide attack on its upcoming turn to inflict massive damage against the player's party.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So dragonbones getting laggy xD
I even removed the fingers armatures.

Have to remake this guy after crashing ( corrupted file).
:rtear:

Although limited to only this shop for room decorations, I like this aspect for previewing items.
So yesterday I got a follower (follow my NSFW art account) who dmed me and said to me :
if you continue to be friends with [name of the artists] which make me uncomfortable I will have to unfollow and I am like :
... do it?
Did I add too many?? Is there such a thing?

Rabbit's Shop I've been reworking. Still some dated graphics but 99% satisfied I think.:kaophew:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyles85