mascot1063

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I was trying to figure out a way to set something up so that the use of a particular skill could be used only if you have an item. In this case, a gun. That would require ammo. However, just having the item would make it so you could just keep using said ability with no limits. Then thats when I thought "TP could work" and just change the name to AMMO.

However, that brings the next challenge. Setting a max TP, and how you recieve TP.

The max TP goes without saying.

But receiving and using is where the problem lies. I know how to set it up on receiving it, but what I am curious about is if I create an item that is made to reload said TP, then would there be a way to block usage if at max TP. Also is there a way to set it up so that you do not lose TP unless you use it. No gain, unless you reload, and no lose, unless you use. Like a gun and ammo

Also, while we're at it, is there a way to start off with max TP?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) you'll need to give your actors the "preserve TP" trait to prevent the randomizing on battlescreen start. as long as that trait is there, the engine will remember previous TP numbers and keep them.

2) you'll need to set the parameter for the TP charge rate (don't know the exact name at the moment) to zero to prevent getting TP by damage.

3) max TP is always 100 unless changed by script/plugin

mascot1063

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alright, so the 100 max TP I can work with. I just need to set it up so that only an item will allow for TP gain. Thank you so much for this info. Is there a way to set up so he starts with max TP?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Don't you just hate it when you get a high level armor only for it to look like a metal plated bikini on your female character?? Seriously. How can that protect you??? Enemies can hit the squishy parts! :kaosigh:
Bathrooms are not designed for the middle of the night.
so... I decided since a park was an area in my game... here's an enemy that's slide with a hand behind it. cause why not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mekiboss